Am I really a "New Member"?

Chronicler06

First of all, it's been many years since I last logged in here (meaning this is the first time I've ever logged in to the new forum). While updating just about everything in my profile, I quickly discovered that I'm not allowed to use the Private Messaging feature. I wanted to know why that was, so I decided to read all of the Reference Desk topics and a few in the Q&A section. I found out that it's because "New Members" are not allowed to use that feature.What confuses me is why I, someone who has been a member for a while, would be considered a "New Member". Does this mean I now need to make five new posts before I can go back to being a regular member? Are the 37 posts I made in the old forum irrelivent to this requirement?I would really like to become active here again after being away for years, so I just want to be sure I'm doing things right, and that I clearly understand everything.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

First of all, welcome back! :) When the New Member policy was put into place, everyone in the Members group was placed in the New Members group. You can get out by writing a post in a forum where your posts add to your post count. ;)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Indeed. You will just need to make one post to be moved into the Members group. Keep in mind that the following forums do not count for your post count:

• BZPower Q&A: We want posts here to be motivated by a willigness to help others, and not by post count.
  • Voting Booth: Posts here are often one-word responses to the polls, making this forum a target for those seeking post inflation.
  • Shops & Kits: This forum has a history of being a target for those seeking post inflation.
  • Games & Trivia: Posts here are often one-word responses to the games, making this forum a target for those seeking post inflation.
  • Completely Off-Topic: BZPower is a LEGO-related forum. We love COT; we really do - but we don't want every single post to wind up in there.

Post in any forum besides those, and you should be moved back to the Members group.Question answered; topic closed.newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender