Video - Drawn to Disaster by Lily Gee

GaliGee

Hey, y'all! I just finished the promo video for my novel, DRAWN TO DISASTER by Lily Gee. :popcorn:DRAWN TO DISASTER videoThe narration was done by my wonderful friend Bob (if you've read D2D, you'll know why that name is significant), whose golden voice makes all the difference. He makes it sound so legit!Comments are welcome. Does it make you want to read the book? :D :kaukaunu:

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

* New chapter September 24 * huriko-journeyintolight-sm.jpgPart II: Peacetime Thanks, Huriko!

d2d-banner-sm.jpg DON'T BUY MY BOOK.

Get someone else to buy it for you! (Preview and order the paperback or ebook)

If you like my Makuta-GaliGee epic dark comedies, you may enjoy my metafiction adventure novel, DRAWN TO DISASTER by Lily Gee.

At www.lilygee.com you can read the first chapter, watch the video trailer, find maps & links, take a trivia quiz, and get e-mail updates.

<3 Thanks for the love, BZPower! If you've read D2D, please review it on Amazon or Smashwords! <3

:kaukau: My very first thought was "I'm really going to have to work on my voice to trump his", but that was before I watched the video, after which time I realized that I'm just fine because we compete for "golden voices" in two different styles and it's apples to oranges :P . I might read the book sometime, but it will probably be in the far future. Some of the images were pretty funny, like when you mentioned "reality-bending secret", at which point I wasn't sure if you were using a tongue-in-cheek hyperbole or if you were being literal. Given the way the rest went, it could go either way. I'd have to read it to find out.I hate to criticize the narrator, but I definitely know that if he read a whole book I wouldn't be following him half the time. I had to listen through it twice. However, the video's a promotion. I get it. And it does the job, which is to promote the book, which I hope to find on a bookshelf sometime and read.Also, sandwiches.

Edited by Jean Valjean

I am rather picky about the right voices and since I have already read the book I kind of expect voices that fit the characters (at least in my head), that however was not the voice I was expecting for Zarena, although if I had watched this film first I might have thought of it as her voice.Showing the same picture over again might not attract readers, but I see that making a whole bunch different pictures might be time consuming and tiring and having a several scenes of the same picture might actually be a good marketing technique, but I think that was to many.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

Hey, y'all!Jean V, the narrator is of the same generation as my parents, and I'm probably of the same generation as your parents, so I imagine your golden voice is quite different. ;) The reality-bending secret actually is related to the Hubble Telescope image. Morgoz derives his powers from the laws of quantum physics, and by pushing the envelope he manages to discover something amazing about his world. At this point D2D is only available online, but in my dreams you will see it someday in a bookstore.CHTrilogy, thanks! ^_^ I agree, it is rather nostalgic. It's probably my primitive video tricks, plus the narrator's old-fashioned style (see my reply to Jean V).light Laser, I don't think my voice matches Zarena's very well, either, and I agree that I recycle the images a bit too much. Like you said, it's a promo, and I just wanted to get it out there. I'm thinking of doing another version, with a better Zarena voice and a few more images during that long pan of Zarena (the Lupenroz, the villainesses, and a couple of the mercenaries would float across the screen). And I might add music. My daughter came up with a good ominous bass line for me. :DThanks for watching it, and for posting. You've given me some good feedback! :kaukaunu:

Edited by GaliGee

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

* New chapter September 24 * huriko-journeyintolight-sm.jpgPart II: Peacetime Thanks, Huriko!

d2d-banner-sm.jpg DON'T BUY MY BOOK.

Get someone else to buy it for you! (Preview and order the paperback or ebook)

If you like my Makuta-GaliGee epic dark comedies, you may enjoy my metafiction adventure novel, DRAWN TO DISASTER by Lily Gee.

At www.lilygee.com you can read the first chapter, watch the video trailer, find maps & links, take a trivia quiz, and get e-mail updates.

<3 Thanks for the love, BZPower! If you've read D2D, please review it on Amazon or Smashwords! <3