Super Smash Bros.

PowerMiner

Discuss the game series here. From the Original to SSB4.Still want to play this online with people...What kind of characters do you guys think will be in the new one? For Zelda, I'm guessing SS Link, Ghirahim, Zelda, Toon Link, And hopefully Toon Zelda/Tetra and maybe Toon Ganondorf?Best characters in Brawl? Mine are definitely Link and Ness, but I'm pretty good with most of the characters. Just beat Very Hard on Boss Battles finally. It wasn't really too hard with Ness, but Tabuu's "Wing attack" thing is so evil... .__.Also got lucky enough (With Olimar) to get 8 dudes on Cruel Brawl somehow... I kept edgegrabbing (Not guarding) and getting up and doing the attack (That.. brings you up there..) and then going back down, some follow me and if I can hit them, they usually fall because they can't grab the edge. I'm trying to get 10 for the Challenge Achievement...Does anyone know if doing Coin battles with friends counts for the getting 5k coins achievement?

I recently rediscovered Brawl after FINALLY fixing the glitch I had with it(A freaking spot on the disk? Really? That's all it was? *Sighs* Well, at least it works again); and I forgot how awesome it was. =P Been playing a lot as Sonic, as anyone who's been watching my statuses on here and the 3DS should be able to tell. =P I'm up for matches eventually, though the timing might be interesting, since the TV the Wii is on is shared.As for characters for the next game... I'm hoping Sonic makes a reappearance since he's awesome, and I also hope(But don't expect) Megaman appears as well. I don't think all those Zelda characters will be in, unfortunately, though. =/ I personally want Toon Link to sit out next game, as well, since there isn't really a 'new form' of him. Since, you know, he replaced kid Link from Melee. I'd think Lucario would be replaced by Zoroark, however, to fit the trend of characters, unless Gen 6 is released before the next game releases.My best characters are Sonic and Ike, right now. I've REALLY taken a liking to playing as Sonic; I think it's the sheer speed he's at, compared to the other fighters. And his utterly broken Final Smash. =PGah, I'm envious. =P I keep trying, but Duon keeps utterly destroying Sonic. =/ The wing attack is indeed hard to dodge; but it IS possible. You just have to have perfect timing.I already beat that; I think I used Pit and flew around under the stage. =PYes, it does, I believe that's how I got all my coins. =P

Haven't played Smash for a while, but I do it every now and then, usually when I feel like playing a fighter far less technical than BlazBlue or Dead or Alive. Anyways, I usually use Ike, Samus (all my friends hate how good I am with Zero Suit), and Peach (her standing special is quite good to use on unsuspecting opponents- and counters are something I've gotten quite used to from DoA).Anyways, I still have a good bit of stuff left to do in Brawl, and even more left in Melee (need to get a GameCube soon for that, Wii hasn't played GC games since I replaced the Disc Drive earlier this year). All I have left in SSB64 is unlocking Captain Falcon and Ness, and I think one more stage (haven't played that in forever, though).Anyways, for new characters:Definitely the heroes of Nintendo's new JRPGs (Xenoblade and The Last Story), Shulk and Zael. Shulk would be a basic swordsman (possibly replacing Ike), while Zael could be some insane fusion of Lucario (Gathering Burst), Link (Crossbow), Marth, and Ike (Sword Attacks).Fawful needs to get into Smash eventually, simply because he's so memorable (and funny), and could have some neat attacks.Also, someone who I've always said should be in Smash (initially as a joke) since I first played their game, is Bayonetta. And since Platinum has a really good relationship with Nintendo now, and Bayonetta 2 is a WiiU exclusive, I honestly think Bayonetta appearing in the next Smash is entirely possible. And, Smash doesn't have enough female characters.And finally, I think that a new Smash Bros. character should be made. Sure, Nintendo has a huge amount of characters to choose from, but a new character would be pretty neat.

I still play Melee all the time with some buddies, and the original too. I've played Brawl, like, twice. I tend to play Kirby just because he's awesome. I'll probably pick up the 3DS version of whatever the new version is, just because I can.Needs a Digimon in it, though.

Man, I'm excited over the 3DS version. I have a fan version of what I think it would be like, and I've realized I'm a big fan of the 64...But anyways, my main three characters have always been Samus, Link, and Jigglypuff. In Brawl, Zero Suit's pretty fun I guess. But then again, so are items in local settings. Because then the smack talk starts.

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

I'm so looking forwards to Super Smash Bros. 4. The whole Namco-Bandai thing opens up possibilities for new third-party characters, which excites me.

And I'm also trying to get all the challenges unlocked on Brawl to see what the reward is (if you know, DON'T TELL ME, I want to find out for myself, that's the point of me not looking it up on the Internet).

So for 4, here's 4 characters I want:

-Pac-Man (because Namco's helping, how can they not? Pac-Man World style would be great)

-Skull Kid (he's the Zelda character appearing in the most games who hasn't yet been added I think, plus he is awesome)

-James Bond (there's reasoning here, and instead of going into detail I'll just say this: as far as games go, he has the strongest ties with Nintendo)

-Mega Man (who doesn't want him?)

As you can see, I am not among those who dislike third-party additions, as long as they have strong ties with Nintendo.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."