Baseball Topic

Rarity

Cardinals-Rangers WS. I have a hard time seeing the Brew Crew win two straight, even on their home turf. They've shown poor fundamentals and the amazing ability to stop hitting with runners in scoring position. I think the Cardinals have a legit shot at beating the Rangers. I'll be surprised if this year's Fall Classic does not go to at least six games.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Well, the Cardinals made it to the World Series. I'm expecting an exciting Series!

I'm expecting a depressing one myself, but hopefully Texas will surprise me. St. Louis is pretty much guaranteed at least two wins if Carpenter plays like he usually does, but with an offense like the Rangers have, he can't afford any mistakes. Cruz and his boom-stick are on fire.
How well will you die?

Well, the Cardinals made it to the World Series.I'm expecting an exciting Series!

I'm expecting a depressing one myself, but hopefully Texas will surprise me. St. Louis is pretty much guaranteed at least two wins if Carpenter plays like he usually does, but with an offense like the Rangers have, he can't afford any mistakes. Cruz and his boom-stick are on fire.
Yeah... Cruz is epic. :P and then there's Michael Young, Josh Hamilton, Ian Kinsler, Adrian Beltre... And basically everyone else. :P

Hmmm...How sad is it I'm a Pirates fan??

I made it to a Pirates-Dbacks game this season. Left after nine to get back to the hotel (it was quite late), but in the twelfth, Andrew McCutchen hit a walk-off homer to win the game. The Bucs have made a great step forward. They have a core of young talent. A few more years until they're a force to be reckoned with in the NL Central, I think.

Hmmm...How sad is it I'm a Pirates fan??

I made it to a Pirates-Dbacks game this season. Left after nine to get back to the hotel (it was quite late), but in the twelfth, Andrew McCutchen hit a walk-off homer to win the game. The Bucs have made a great step forward. They have a core of young talent. A few more years until they're a force to be reckoned with in the NL Central, I think.
Yes they have...Compared to before, they're amazing!! But after the all-star break they just seemed to quit!! It's sad... <_<

Xbox 360 Gamertag: PetaPanSpartan

I play Halo Reach, Halo 3 and MW3 online.

halo_4.png

I still say the Cardinals blew it. Motte couldn't get an out, then in the Cardinal half Punto couldn't even get a bunt down to get the runner on first into scoring position ... They are usually really good at fundamental baseball, and they played eight innings of it last night. Not nine.

I still say the Cardinals blew it. Motte couldn't get an out, then in the Cardinal half Punto couldn't even get a bunt down to get the runner on first into scoring position ... They are usually really good at fundamental baseball, and they played eight innings of it last night. Not nine.

The Cardinals' mistakes are only half the problem. The other half is that the Rangers capitalized whenever they could. Without the skilled baserunning, they wouldn't even have scored, but instead their ability to move runners turned two easy outs into sac flies to give the Rangers the win.
How well will you die?

If Motte had pitched like he usually does, the Rangers would not have had a chance to capitalize. I agree that the Rangers did indeed capitalize, but the Cardinals had to let them back in it.

And that's the only way to win ballgames. If they played perfectly all the time, we'd never have a game end. In a sense, any team that loses "gives it away" because teams score runs by catching the opponents' mistakes. I'd say the mistakes were equal between the two sides, but the Rangers were the ones to pull two runs out of the Cardinals' mistakes. In addition, it's not like the Rangers didn't help the Cards. A hit batter and wild pitch is what eventually led to St. Louis' only run. Perhaps with another hit, or a stolen base, they might have scored two in that inning instead.
How well will you die?

• 3 weeks later...

It's a lot fairer. Ever since I got into baseball and learned the divisions, I always thought that having unequal divisions was, well ... unequal. Having six five-team divisions will even the playing field, no pun intended. :PThis will bring up ... more interleague play. Usually, with interleague play, people either like it or hate it. I like it myself, and I wouldn't mind one interleague game every day. I wouldn't do so far as to eliminate the leagues, but it's different.But how about the new formatted playoffs? The top two wild card slots will battle it out in a one-game playoff at the end of the season. As for this, not sure I really like it. It's really unfair to the teams that are really good but are stuck in an even better division. They could be eliminated in one game by a vastly inferior team.