THEORY: Hero Factory in Bionicle

I've had this theory ever since I first saw hero factory, and now that I'm up to date on it, I am even more intrigued. My theory is this:

Hero Factory and Bionicle are both set in the same universe.

Seem far fetched? Well here is the story line I've worked out.

It is well known that the great beings survived past the destruction of Spherus Magna as there are some whom are still alive in the Bionicle cannon, what I think is that when Spherus Magna broke apart, one great being decided to leave the galaxy all together and create a new world for himself. This isn't too hard to imagine as great beings have free will and cirtainly have the intellect. That beings name was Akiyama Makuro, the founder of the hero factory and, to quote HS01, "[T]he oldest known robot in the galaxy." There he found the same substance used by the great beings on Spherus Magna to create what the Matoran would call Toa Stones, but what he called Quaza. He found that you didn't have to use the quaza to transform a small, simple biomachanical creature into a larger, more powerful one, but you could use cylindrical cores of quaza to fuel robotic husks and give them life, sentience and, in it's pure form, a powerful will to do justice. So, just like a Toa, but without, as of yet, the ability to fully harness elemental and mask powers.

So, I have no idea if this is something that Lego is actually doing, but it seems to fit in quite well, if there are any holes in the theory, let me know and I'll try to address them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Toa Onyxus Nuva

Rank - Toa

Element - Madness

Village - Lo-Koro

Mask - Kanohi Tryna

Toa Tool - Holographic Power Glove

Sounds nice, but LEGO has often stated that they are not in the same universe. No doubt there are parallels between Protodermis and Quaza, but the idea of Protodermis isn't as far-fetched to be considered unique. Not to mention that Mr. Makuro is a robot, while the Great Beings are biomechanical as far as I know (or even fully organic? To be honest I think it was deliberately left a secret).-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I actually haven't read that they said it was different universes, but that really is too bad, because I think that the integration of the two stories would provide a massive story boost to both Bionicle and HF.

In responce to Mr. Makuro being a robot, I had thought about that, but when Velika, a Matoran, was reviled to be a great being, unless all great beings are Matoran, which I do not believe is true, they must have some way to transfer their essence into other bodies, hence Mr. Makuro.

And yes, I realize that the concept of protodermis is rather easy to incorporate, but I was speaking also of their appearance between the Toa Stones and the quaza cores.

Edited by Toa_Onyxus_Nuva

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Toa Onyxus Nuva

Rank - Toa

Element - Madness

Village - Lo-Koro

Mask - Kanohi Tryna

I've had this theory ever since I first saw hero factory, and now that I'm up to date on it, I am even more intrigued. My theory is this:

It is well known that the great beings survived past the destruction of Spherus Magna as there are some whom are still alive in the Bionicle cannon, what I think is that when Spherus Magna broke apart, one great being decided to leave the galaxy all together and create a new world for himself. This isn't too hard to imagine as great beings have free will and cirtainly have the intellect. That beings name was Akiyama Makuro, the founder of the hero factory and, to quote HS01, "[T]he oldest known robot in the galaxy." There he found the same substance used by the great beings on Spherus Magna to create what the Matoran would call Toa Stones, but what he called Quaza. He found that you didn't have to use the quaza to transform a small, simple biomachanical creature into a larger, more powerful one, but you could use cylindrical cores of quaza to fuel robotic husks and give them life, sentience and, in it's pure form, a powerful will to do justice. So, just like a Toa, but without, as of yet, the ability to fully harness elemental and mask powers.

So, I have no idea if this is something that Lego is actually doing, but it seems to fit in quite well, if there are any holes in the theory, let me know and I'll try to address them.

That seems very outlandish, as Bionicals are bio-mechanic, while HERO Factory characters are completely robotic. Also, in the HERO Factory storyline, they go to many different planets that seem way to cartoon-ish to be BIONICLE storyline, while BIONICLE takes place in one planetary system.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

Speaking of Velika, hello there, and in response to the bio mechanical thing, as I told Gata, he could have implanted his essence into a robot body, perhaps because he lacked the necessary components to fashion a bio-mechanical one, or perhaps he was only skilled at mechanical engineering and not bio-mechanical.

And in response to the large scope of Hero Factory, in comparison to the small scope of Bionicle, I just have to say, if I was going to try and make a totally new race of things and watch them grow and learn and stuff, I'd do it far far FAR away from my original world or at least make sure to have some kind of isolation between my creations and my heritage.

Edited by Toa_Onyxus_Nuva

Toa Onyxus Nuva

Rank - Toa

Element - Madness

Village - Lo-Koro

Mask - Kanohi Tryna

The idea is cool, but it's been confirmed countless times that BIONICLE and Hero Factory are in completely separate universes. If you want solid evidence, it's quite simple; it's been confirmed that Earth, and therefore humans, exist in Hero Factory, while it's been confirmed by Greg numerous times Earth and humans don't exist in BIONICLE.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I hadn't thought of that, Kopaka4372, but as I did say before, it is a shame :/ Although, now that I think of it, since if the great beings can swap their essence from one body to another, and therefore can, effectively, live forever, could it be that the Hero Factory universe is the bionicle universe in the far future? I mean, it kinda becomes a moot point, if given enough time, but I just thought of that and I thought it was interesting.

Toa Onyxus Nuva

Rank - Toa

Element - Madness

Village - Lo-Koro

Mask - Kanohi Tryna

Speaking of Velika, hello there, and in response to the bio mechanical thing, as I told Gata, he could have implanted his essence into a robot body, perhaps because he lacked the necessary components to fashion a bio-mechanical one, or perhaps he was only skilled at mechanical engineering and not bio-mechanical.

And in response to the large scope of Hero Factory, in comparison to the small scope of Bionicle, I just have to say, if I was going to try and make a totally new race of things and watch them grow and learn and stuff, I'd do it far far FAR away from my original world or at least make sure to have some kind of isolation between my creations and my heritage.

That is true, being a GB, Velika DID go in to a Matoran's body, so he probably could go in to something completely robotic.

Edited by Great being Velika

Velika did transfer his essence into a Matoran body, and that's why he is currently in matoran form. I don't discourage the idea, and of the few theories I've seen about being in the same universe, this is one of the better of them. But, as others have said, BIONICLE and HERO Factory have been confirmed to be in different universes.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Velika did transfer his essence into a Matoran body, and that's why he is currently in matoran form. I don't discourage the idea, and of the few theories I've seen about being in the same universe, this is one of the better of them. But, as others have said, BIONICLE and HERO Factory have been confirmed to be in different universes.

Yes they have been confirmed, but if they weren't, then we could come to the conclusion that the Makuhero guy could have been a GB.

Edited by Great being Velika

Yes they have been confirmed, but if they weren't, then we could come to the conclusion that the Makuhero guy could have been a GB.

If they weren't. :P

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

True Kopaka.And could someone link me to somewhere where they do definitively say they are separate universes?

I'm not saying this to be difficult, I just honestly haven't seen it.

Toa Onyxus Nuva

Rank - Toa

Element - Madness

Village - Lo-Koro

Mask - Kanohi Tryna

Well I actually have a theory that the Slizers, Roboriders, Bionicle and Hero Factory are in the same universe AND the same planet. It's pretty simple tho, all happened like an evolution. Well I like to think that its all connected ! :P

True Kopaka.And could someone link me to somewhere where they do definitively say they are separate universes?

Sure. :)

I got a quote from Greg here:

4) No. An alt. dimension comes when a decision in the main universe happens, and an alt. splits off in which the opposite decision was made. No decision would ever have been made in the BIONICLE universe that would have resulted in the development of humans. Our universe is completely separate from the one in the BIONICLE story, there is no connection that I am aware of.

So as you can see, Greg confirms humans don't and never will exist in the BIONICLE universe, and since they do in Hero Factory, this confirms the two universes are completely separate.

toakopaka.png

Okay, thanks brother. :)

It really is too bad that they are separate, that would have been a really cool idea.

Toa Onyxus Nuva

Rank - Toa

Element - Madness

Village - Lo-Koro

Mask - Kanohi Tryna

Sure. :)

I got a quote from Greg here:

4) No. An alt. dimension comes when a decision in the main universe happens, and an alt. splits off in which the opposite decision was made. No decision would ever have been made in the BIONICLE universe that would have resulted in the development of humans. Our universe is completely separate from the one in the BIONICLE story, there is no connection that I am aware of.

So as you can see, Greg confirms humans don't and never will exist in the BIONICLE universe, and since they do in Hero Factory, this confirms the two universes are completely separate.

Thanks for the quote, and topic answered and closed. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)