Making lego games into applications, any ideas?

nrdani

Hi all,

I thought about making all (nearly all) lego games, into .exe files, to preserve them for the future and i find them more handy than online versions, because no need for searching working links, and etc. . The community could also create eg. a bionicle game pack containing all bionicle games (i know there was tronec.org, but it's down at the moment). Some games cannot be made as an .exe like mnogII, those should be the same with MFP8 standalone. I tried it sometimes, but i never managed to download .dcr files, tried more than 6 methods, no luck. I think it's a good idea. How about you?

DCR files can be downloaded like any other, but they'll always open in your web browser, although they are still offline.Basically, though, this is just what tronec.org and the BOGA achieved. Unfortunately, both of those websites are down at the moment but I hope the BMP will find its way back online before too long.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Be careful. I know nintndo got all butt-hurt about pokedex apps in the android/apple market. But I haven't known Lego to be like that.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Be careful. I know nintndo got all butt-hurt about pokedex apps in the android/apple market. But I haven't known Lego to be like that.

I think you're convincing "apps" with "applications". This member is not trying to sell them or even offer them in any online marketplace. All they're trying to do is convert old online games into executable files. And while this would still technically be a violation of copyright, offering free downloads of free games would be less likely to draw the ire of Lego's lawyers, especially if they are only offered for public download once they are taken down from Lego.com. After all, the aforementioned BOGA has not to my knowledge been the subject of any threat of legal action on Lego's part.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think you're convincing "apps" with "applications". This member is not trying to sell them or even offer them in any online marketplace. All they're trying to do is convert old online games into executable files. And while this would still technically be a violation of copyright, offering free downloads of free games would be less likely to draw the ire of Lego's lawyers, especially if they are only offered for public download once they are taken down from Lego.com. After all, the aforementioned BOGA has not to my knowledge been the subject of any threat of legal action on Lego's part.

whoops. my mistake. Yeah, I doubt Lego would mind that.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

DCR files can be downloaded like any other, but they'll always open in your web browser, although they are still offline.Basically, though, this is just what tronec.org and the BOGA achieved. Unfortunately, both of those websites are down at the moment but I hope the BMP will find its way back online before too long.-Gata signoff.png

We're hung up on domain transfers. Hopefully we will be back online soon.

DCR's can sometimes be hacked together into executables, I've managed to do this for about half of the online Shockwave games we ripped. It involves splicing the bytes from one Shockwave projector's DCR together with another DCR of the same Shockwave version supplying any necessary Xtras and DLL's (depending on how the original projector was setup). It's definitely not perfect, of course neither is Shockwave Player, but when it works it works.

Also, we have executables for MNOGII that should be compatible with any Windows, OSX, or Linux computer that was compatible with Flash Player 9-10.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Are signatures still a thing?

I don't think lego cares about their old games anymore, many of them are hidden, not available from the main site, and older games like orient expedition, are not working anymore, so making them downloadable isn't a copyright problem, since we/me wouldn't modify it, or remove lego logo/put our names there -- i think <_< . Sadly web archive, not always backup games properly. i have some games, i will post a link here, for MAC and Windows is what i have ;)

Edited by nrdani