Voran 2: Fiery Silhouette

Taipu1

imgp1875.jpg

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]

Once a Toa of fire (Sometimes known as my BBC 63 entry), Voran was attacked by Shadow leeches, and altered by the Brotherhood of Makuta. With a new Mask, new tools and the element of Shadow, he loyally served Makuta Teridax during the Destiny war.

I'm pretty pleased with how he turned out. This is the first time I've done anything with hands particularly. They're obviously incomplete, with 2-3 fingers, depending on the hand. Its a significant improvement on previous hands of mine, and certainly looks better than a basic hand.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Overall very nice build. The legs, torso, and forearms are all really nice. The upper arms are okay, but I feel like they're not bulky enough in comparison to the other limb sections. The feet are good, but I think they're a little too large, probably better fitting of a taller build. I generally dislike that version of the Jutlin, but you made it look okay, so props for that. Interesting parts usage on the axe too.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

This is really cool. I see a lot of Chro-spiration in this MOC. think the feel look a little clownish but everything else is spot on. I love the bulkiness of the legs.

There is some Chro-spiration, I'll grant you that. I guess the feet are kind of clownish, and possibly the height of the shoulders as well.

Overall very nice build. The legs, torso, and forearms are all really nice. The upper arms are okay, but I feel like they're not bulky enough in comparison to the other limb sections. The feet are good, but I think they're a little too large, probably better fitting of a taller build. I generally dislike that version of the Jutlin, but you made it look okay, so props for that. Interesting parts usage on the axe too.

Yeah, I can see your point with the upper arms. They're one of the parts of the body I find hardest, because its very easy to make ones that look good but lose all posability. These ones aren't that bulky, but they're as posable as arms get.

I've had a thing for making custom feet with recent MOCs, and I think they've been getting a bit big. These ones I think I built backwards as well. They look alright, but if you take it off the leg, it has a very similar side-on profile to the original mata feet, except backwards.

I thought long and hard about the masks, I tried literally every Metru red mask I have on it, and concluded this looked the best. I know it's not the most popular mask out there, but it gets the job done here I think.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't