Market Gossip

Toa Kovolta

Yeah, I suppose it counts as "land", I was under the impression that it only worked with rahi that were in the area, but looking at some descriptions of it, it seems that's not the case. But if land is just one general environment, it seems like a very broad environment. What other environements are there? Just Sea?

It now almost feels to me like this mask is a tad overpowered. I think maybe we should tone it down to what is described as the noble level of power. So while you're in the City, you can only use it to copy abilities of city rahi, outside the City can be plains and deserts. In the Tunnels is underground rahi, and if your ever in the lake that can be water/sea rahi, and if you ever learn to fly that can be sky rahi.

I think that would make it a little more interesting. Rather than being able to access the powers of half the known rahi in the MU without changing environments.

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

Is that a ruling or a discussion? All the " I think"s and "maybe"s make me think that latter, so I'll throw in my two cents.

Yeah, I suppose it counts as "land", I was under the impression that it only worked with rahi that were in the area, but looking at some descriptions of it, it seems that's not the case. But if land is just one general environment, it seems like a very broad environment. What other environements are there? Just Sea?

Land and sea are the ones we have mentioned from canon, though underground and flying could also be considered different general (great level) environments, depending on your preference.

It now almost feels to me like this mask is a tad overpowered. I think maybe we should tone it down to what is described as the noble level of power. So while you're in the City, you can only use it to copy abilities of city rahi, outside the City can be plains and deserts. In the Tunnels is underground rahi, and if your ever in the lake that can be water/sea rahi, and if you ever learn to fly that can be sky rahi.

It's a very useful mask yes, that's why I use it. Overpowered, well, only sometimes. At the moment, it's on a character whose only other power is situational On a very powerful being like a toa (who knew an awful lot about rahi), it could well be overpowered and ripe for abuse.

"City rahi", whatever those are would be interesting, I guess. After all, Metru Nui had a lot of interesting rahi in it. I'm not sure it's a natural environment for rahi though.

I think that would make it a little more interesting. Rather than being able to access the powers of half the known rahi in the MU without changing environments.

Metru Nui probably does have half the known rahi on the MU, but sure, I see your point.

ppg2.png

Who would be interesting in an extremist pseudo-suicidal organization trying to destroy the map, whether they believe the outcome will mean death or life?

Anyhow, yeah, I'm in this. Expect profiles sometime soon. Good to be back and such.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOC: I'm curious lev, why an "A"?

The temple was made in the design of an "A," and since the detail was put into explaining the reason for that, I figure, "Hey, good as any other symbol to hang up."

Same reason for that, then. Showing the importance of the Carver. All hail the Carver. Hail!

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

@Lorax: yeah, I'm trying to be open to suggestions. Of course Metru Nui isn't really your typical city. There's at least six different environments there. But anyways I guess I'll leave it more open to your discretion for now, just try and make a bit effort to stick more to the specific environments I mentioned. I think it'll make it more interesting and more fun that way. Thanks zakar. Good to see you here ToD.

OOC: Because of this, I'm guessing.

The TempleThe second largest building in the city. It is a temple that has been dedicated to worshipping the Carver. It is a circular building consisting of one main floor and one turret. From above it looks a bit like the first letter of the Matoran alphabet, symbolizing that the Carver comes first above all else. Services are constantly being held in dedication to the Carver.

OOC: I'm curious lev, why an "A"?

The temple was made in the design of an "A," and since the detail was put into explaining the reason for that, I figure, "Hey, good as any other symbol to hang up."

Same reason for that, then. Showing the importance of the Carver. All hail the Carver. Hail!

Ha ha, you know, it's been so long since I've read the rpg from top to bottom, that I comepletely forgot about that.

Hey, Lorax & Falcon: Mind if Kratep jumps in with the Disruptor meeting?Zakaro

Not at all! Takarik just walked away, maybe Kratep meets him in the tunnels.Oh, whoops, didn't notice Lorax had already replied. Edited by Falcon Lord

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

Yessir. *salutes*

Armageddon

Some believe that annoying the Worshipers is not enough. Some believe that the only way to escape is death and destruction. Those are the ones who make up Armageddon. A few members believe that the destruction of the map will cause them to reappear in the Matoran Universe. Many others believe that their purpose is to commit suicide in an act of murderous salvation, freeing everyone on the map by killing them. Some believe something in between those, with their drive being to save anyone else from ever being sucked into the playhouse of a disgruntled Toa. In any case, their common mission is to destroy the map and completely defy the Carver.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

Alright, the following character awaits authorization:Name: [ Ferrin ]Gender: [ Male ]Species: [ Toa of Fire ]Affiliation: [ --- ]Trapped: [ Has been trapped for mere hours; as of the RPG start, is still somewhat unsure of the situation. Seems to have accepted the basic fact of having been transported into an unknown dimension, for unknown reasons and by person or persons unknown. ]Weapons/Tools: [ Wears a Great Mask of Intangibility, custom-crafted to resemble a Great Kanohi Calix. This mask allows him to become momentarily intangible, thus avoiding brief attacks or allowing him to move through walls.Ferrin’s primary weapon/tool is a baton-like apparatus referred to as the ‘Fiendfyre Torch’. This item’s main function is the enhancement of Fire-based elemental energy; it functions in a manner similar to Takanuva’s Power Lance. Any Fire-based elemental energy channeled through the Torch will be effectively doubled; any Ice- or Water-based elemental energy will be effectively halved. The Torch is also capable of absorbing small amounts of Fire-based elemental energy from its environment and storing it internally for future use; storage capacity is slightly greater than that of a Turaga’s. The Torch is constructed of protosteel, making it nearly impervious to harm, and may be used in melee combat as a super-heated club, with highly-devastating effects. The two-inch piercing spike at the butt end of the hilt, also constructed of protosteel, only increases its destructive potential.In addition to the Fiendfyre Torch, Ferrin carries several widgets, a battered compass, an eight-inch survival knife, and a variety of small odds and ends such as may be found on the person of a traveler, including soap, fishhooks, and needle-and-thread. ]Powers: [ Extensive skill/training in martial arts; Fire-based elemental abilities. ]Appearance: [ Physically rugged and well-built, with high levels of strength, stamina, and dexterity. Fairly handsome, in a swashbuckling, ‘devil-may-care’ sort of way. See the 'Appearance' link -- (yes, I know it’s a non-canonical image of Toa Inika Jallar, but that’s what Ferrin looks like). ]Bio: [ As regards personality, Ferrin’s essence is simply and easily described: ‘chaotic neutral pyromaniac’. Reckless, aggressive, passionate, and unpredictable -- his mental traits are a simple reflection of his fanatical obsession with fire. Flame is his life; his purpose, to follow its example to the utmost, or burn to cold ashes trying.Fearless, easily angered, and knowing few restraints, Toa Ferrin is an individual to be handled with the utmost of caution and diplomacy. He is an extremely skilled martial artist, with many decades’ worth of combat experience under his belt, and is not reluctant to use lethal force. Obviously, he regards the term ‘Toa’ as nothing more than a species name; he has directly dispatched ‘meddling peacekeepers’ on more than one occasion, and injured countless others. He is, however, somewhat ineffective in ranged weapon conflicts, and is flatly incapable of performing covert stealth operations. Resisted in a calm, cool-headed manner (i.e. in an ‘icy’ sort of way), he very is likely to back down and talk it over peaceably rather than continue fighting.Ferrin’s history is to be revealed via IC play. ]

Edited by Shadowhawk

Alrighty Kov, your choice whether Water and Hataan's mission will come to fruition. She mainly just wants to cause a cave-in that will plug the Well for a while and likely get some people rioting. It'll also be a setup for something to come a bit later.

OOC: If this is assuming too much/taking too much control of the Carver, I can definitely change it.

No that's alright, I have some interesting thing I want to do with things being carved into the sky later, but for now its good.

Alrighty Kov, your choice whether Water and Hataan's mission will come to fruition. She mainly just wants to cause a cave-in that will plug the Well for a while and likely get some people rioting. It'll also be a setup for something to come a bit later.

Go ahead and plug the Well for now, should make for some interesting plotpoints. We'll see about the rest of your plan later.

Also Happy Canada Day to any fellow Canadians in the crowd! :flagcanada:

OOC: If this is assuming too much/taking too much control of the Carver, I can definitely change it.

No that's alright, I have some interesting thing I want to do with things being carved into the sky later, but for now its good.

Go ahead and plug the Well for now, should make for some interesting plotpoints. We'll see about the rest of your plan later. Also Happy Canada Day to any fellow Canadians in the crowd! :flagcanada:
I'm a little bit late but... Happy Canada Day!!

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

Sorry I was absent yesterday guys, I was participating in festivities.

Speaking of factions, The Worshippers/Enforcers could use some more recruits too. They are far outnumbered by the disrupters.

Also another thing I would just like to mention is that there are three ways of esaping the Map. One is with an Olmak - which is not allowed. The second is with a Botar - which is also not allowed. The other is a secret and for you to find out. I may drop hints throughout the rp.

Would I be able to create a character who's story starts right as she is being sucked into the map? Or would I have to start it a little after?

Edit: And Toa of Dancing, I would be interested. (As soon as I have my character created and introduced...)

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Name: Oryan.Gender: Male.Species: Vortixx.Affiliation: City law Enforcers.Trapped: Roughly 100 years.Weapons/Tools:

o - Energy Crossbow: A small compact crossbow, on the first look. It lack a string, and where the bolt is usually placed is a canister. Said canister contains about 60 bolts. The weapon generates a thin stream of energy when fired in place of the string: the firing rate is about about 1-2 bolts per second. Short blades are set into the head of the weapon, making it a melee weapon in a pinch.

o - Shield Hat: A wide brimmed helmet (for a simple reference, Embo from the Clone Wars) that doubles as a shield in a pinch: made of protosteel it is able to deflect even bullets if Oryan gets his head down in time. If needed it can serve as a throwing disk.

o - Twin Falchions: Oryan carries two backmounted Falchions for melee combat (specifically, think Orcrist as portrayed in the Hobbit movie).

o - Ammo: These consist of:

-Ammo Belt: slung over one shoulder and containing the following.

-Stun Bolts: Oryan's usual weaponry, these are not lethal (except perhaps to an unusually weak Matoran) but release a stun charge enough to make a Krekka stop for a bit, and definitely enough to take a Toa out of the fight.

-Explosive Bolts: In a canister that contains only about twelve shots, these mini rockets are Oryan's go to weapon when he needs to break through a door or other touch obstacle.

Powers: None.Appearance: Oryan is, to put it simply, bizarre. Hardly anyone would ever think of him as a Vortixx. Standing a few heads taller then a Toa, Oryan is far less mechanical then any other member of his species - an estimated 40-50% mechanical. His face is almost humanoid, with bright yellow eyes shining out from his deep green skin. He wears a long coat that reaches almost to his ankles. His mechanical parts are all armored, and he wears a pauldron over his coat, covering his neck and shoulders, as well as the top of his body. He wears a leather belt slung over his right shoulder, and crossing his chest to end at the left side of his waist. He has several canisters of bolts clipped on. Two sheaths house twin falchions. To top this all off, he wears what is probably his best form of defense, his hat. More correctly, his helmet. For a better description of Moka's pauldron, face, coat, build and hat, see here.Bio: Oryan was a male Vortixx on Xia. It wasn't the nicest position, and he loathed it. After almost a hundred years of servitude as a dock worker he robbed a nearby forge and fled on a ship. That was the beginning of his career. Over the next thousand years he became a highly successful bounty hunter. He never passed up chances of jobs on Xia, nor did he have any mercy, or scruples about robbing whatever he could.

It was on one of these missions that he was spotted by the Carver and Trapped. Once he figured pout what had happened he shrugged, decided that the Map was a nicer place than the Matoran universe and resumed his career. His exploits attracted the notice of the Law, and he was hunted down, captured and given the option of either joining them or dying. He chose to join them.

When the Disruptors began gaining strength, he almost rejoiced. He had begun to love the Map as his home, and besides, it gave him a chance to fight again.

I hope he doesn't have too many weapons. but since he has no powers I think it balances out nicely.

Edited by Grantaire

Name: Nahri

Gender & Species: Female Toa of Plant life

Affiliation: None at the moment

Trapped: Just recently

Weapons/Tools: She wears a Kanohi Miru, allowing her the power of levitation. She also carries a staff with a blade on both ends. Although her staff doesn't have any special powers, it can split in half and be used as two smaller weapons if the user sees fit. It is also extremely aerodynamic, so it can be twirled around so fast in battle it will almost look like a blur.

Powers: She can control plant life because of her elemental powers, and she can also levitate for short distances because of her Kanohi. She's also highly trained in the art of combat, so she won't have any trouble holding her own in battle.

Appearance: Although she is slightly smaller than a male Toa, Nahri is quite athletic, and she wears lightweight armor that has been specifically tailored to her needs. It doesn't slow her down in battle, and it also allows her to move freely and quickly. Her armor is dark green and has bright yellow highlights, and her eyes and heart light are also a pale yellow.

Bio/Personality: Nahri was stationed on Metru Nui before being transported to the map, but her hasty actions on a mission led her to be reassigned to simple guard duty. She had spent many years away from the rest of her Toa team, and was in the midst of proving her worth as a Toa when she was captured by the Carver. This interruption causes her to hate the Carver deeply, and she believes that his death is the only way she can be reunited with her friends again.

She has quite a fierce personality, and hates the feeling of others controlling her. She is also quick to judge others, and this causes many to consider her as shallow. However, she has a deep devotion to the friends she does have, and will do anything to keep them safe.

-Typed this late at night, so I can add onto it if you think it's too short...

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Add a little about her life before being trapped to the Bio/Personality, and it's approved Shadow.

So the game has been kinda bland so far. I have some ideas for plot points that may make things a bit more exciting, but it's still a little too early for them.

If anyone else has any ideas to help get things going, go for it. As ExoFat would have said, "Do something crazy!"

Edited by Toa Kovolta

Eh, I mostly have the Judge there in case I need to do something along those terms. I admit I probably won't RP with him very much unless other circumstances pull him out.

Zayin.. I have plans for him. Once Lorax starts the meeting, I'll begin with all of that fun stuff.. then it'll really begin.

Also, I'm still working on that third character. The Worshipper.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Here's another Law Enforcer for you.

Name: Abahdon, though he is publically known as “Blackcap”Gender: MaleSpecies: Darkness’ SpeciesAffiliation: City Law EnforcersTrapped: No one really knows when Abahdon appeared in the Map – even the Carver is uncertain offhand. He has been employed by the Worshippers and Enforcers for at least a few thousand Map years now.Weapons/Tools: Abahdon bears huge, wicked claws tipping his extremities strong enough to tear non-protosteel metals apart, though they are usually hidden by a pair of ebon leather gloves, for he prefers to fight with his fists. For ranged combat, he has an energy-web launcher to ensnare targets incorporated into the palm of his left glove, as well as a force bolt pistol.Powers: Abahdon possesses formidable strength and agility, greater than those of a Toa. He is an expert fighter, strong enough to combat a veteran Dark Hunter. As far as powers, he is capable of stretching and slithering his frame through minuscule openings, such as cracks and the gaps beneath doors.Appearance: Abahdon appears to be a humanoid, Toa-like entity to those who encounter him, clad in a jet-black trench coat that is often tied at the waist over a white and black-striped dress shirt. Surprisingly, his pale face is mostly featureless, though the characteristics of which manifest whenever he is enraged. He wears atop his head a black fedora featuring a small, dark red “A” in the Matoran alphabet, located just above his left temple, indicating his allegiance to the Carver. However, he is actually a towering being, standing two or three feet taller than a Toa, and rather monstrous with four bladed arms and a sinuous, clawed tail. His uncanny flexibility enables him to conceal himself in a smaller, simpler form.Bio: Much of Abahdon’s history is confidential, its mystery preserved by his own choice; even his employers and fellow officers are widely unaware of his origins, or species affiliation. He works as a special agent of the City Law Enforcers, and is deployed as an informant to gather information whenever criminal or Disrupter activity increases. His presence is known by very few members of the public, due to the nature of his duty.

Abahdon exhibits a suave, dark-mannered demeanor, though while typically ruthlessly and relentlessly-behaved, his temper can occasionally suppress his strong-willed personality with blind rage. He likes to play with his targets should he gain an edge over them.