Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: Voxumo from Po-Wahi. Sighs Ah good to be back

IC: Voxumo

Voxumo entered in through one of the numerous tunnels with Thentyle not far behind him. He immediately threw his cloak over his mask and looked around

"Ah good to be back."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: Thentyle of Po-Koro

IC: Thentyle

Once inside of the tunnels, Thentyle gave a strong sigh of relief. As the darkness grew deeper, his vision improved by up to tenfold. After a short while he could see a little better than Voxumo."Astounding...they built this entire place underground. My kind of place!" He cheered. He then looked to Voxumo and realised that his shoulders were one of the only things giving them any light, "You've been here before, then?"

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Voxumo simply turned to look at Thentyle and grinned

"Yes i have been here before. This is where i lost my sword."

With that he activated the Heat lens on his mask and smiled

"I am so glad i have this addition to my mask."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Thentyle"I'd been meaning to ask what that was." Thentyle said, astonished such an addition could be added to a kanohi. After several more steps, Thentyle then decided to attempt using his mask again. It began to glow, but the rust was now blocking large portions of the light from shining through. Surprisingly, unlike what had happened in the bar, his Kanohi managed to stay illuminated and acted as a proper torch for the two of them, not that his Ko-Toa friend needed it. After about a minute of walking, as they neared Ko-Koro, Thentyle felt a form of mental backlash as his Kanohi suddenly shut off. While impossible to really see in th darkness, the rust had spread by about a centimeter on all sides, now forming a ring around one of his eyes as well as the back edges."Argh...what was that.." he said to himself, before carrying on, catching up with Voxumo, who he'd fallen behind in the brief moment he'd felt a twinge of pain.

Voxumo seemed uninterested as he saw Thentyle fall behind. He did turn a bit suddenly as he saw the rust spread

"Well that seems unnatural that the rust spread that way."

He walked up to Thentyle and without asking tried to scratch off some of the rust and seemed unable to

"Definitely not natural rust at all."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: ThentyleThe Toa of earth backed his head away slightly when Voxumo had unbidden scratched him, but after realising nothing happened he couldn't help but feel concerned.

"It's....It's not normal water damage?" he said, feeling worried. He could not remember exactly when he'd first noticed the damage, but a part of him refused to allow his mind to remember the reason. "Still...I'm sure it won't be a problem...even if it's not normal, I should be fine, right?" As he said that, he could not help but remember the completely rusted-over kanohi that had been on the Nui-Jaga earlier. Surely it wasn't the same sort of thing, right?

"This looks like the village!" he said, looking at the vast underground cavern that was Onu-Koro.

Voxumo nodded slowly as he turned to look in the same direction at Thentyle

"Yes this is Onu-koro. It is quite a lovely place."

He shuddered a bit as he remembered what went on here and rubbed his right shoulder

"Perhaps we should look around a bit."

He did turn to look at Thentyle and smiles

"I would not worry too much about that rust."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The Toa of Earth wanted to comfort the seemingly disturbed Voxumo, but it was clear they both had their own problems. He looked around at the various huts and tunnels all over the koro. Despite it being his own element, he had never lived in an underground settlement, much less seen one before. So it as all new to him and yet strangely homely. The amount of green eyes was astonishing. They passed several tradesman, all selling some strange wares and basic mining tools, as well a s a tavern, since Thentyle did not feel like having another drink just yet. "anything catch your eye?"

Voxumo cringed when a Matoran passed by carrying a heat stone.

He seemed to be startled when Thentyle said something

"Um what well. There was a protosteel sword but i don't have enough widgets."

He looked around a bit when he caught a stand out of the corner of his eye that was selling bula berries. With that he turned to look at Thentyle

"Hey you feel like having some spare bula berries on hand?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Widgets, hm?" he asked the Ko-Toa, intrigued. "You used those things to pay for the drinks back in the tavern. I wish i could help but...I don't have any widgets, what with the whole not being from around here thing. Maybe we can find some kind of work or trade to get some of them then? I know I could do with something to dig up." When Thentyle asked about the bula berries, Thentyle nodded. "We always used to stockpile as many as we could back home, with usually only one or two being allowed to be eaten each per day because they wouldn't grow quick enough. If I had some on hand I'd feel like a Matoran on a Naming Day."

IC: Vox

Voxumo simply smiled as he looked at Thentyle a bit closer

"Well i have some spare widgets. I think i can afford like.."

He peered a bit closer at the price

"Hmm like maybe 8. 4 for each of us. How does that sound?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Voxumo laughed a bit as he considered Thentyle's words and lightly patted him on the left shoulder with his only hand

"Do not worry. If you want to help just make sure to keep heatstones away from me."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Thentyle"That shouldn't be a problem. I guess they make you really nervous." He chuckled as he took the berries from the trader matoran and waited for Voxumo's payment to complete the transaction. It was then that Thentyle realised there was an air of dischord in the area. He then thought about where to go for some guidance, at which point he asked his Ko-Toa partner, "so, maybe I should seek guidance from a Turaga. Any ideas where to find one?" He realised as soon as the words left his mouth that he had said the wrong thing.

Voxumo chuckled lightly as he considered Thentyle's words

"Well i fear heatstones because i was exposed to a virus that reacts to the energy heatstones give off and causes my mechanical parts to seize up."

Upon hear Thentyles words his expression dimmed a bit

"The six turaga are dead Thentyle. Murdered."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Thentyle's eyes widened. Even though he had never met these Turaga, much less known that there had been six on this island, such news was still incredibly shocking. Although judging by how Voxumo had said it, it wasn't the freshest of news.

"I...I see." He said, becoming much more solemn. "That's really tragic...Who would do such a thing?"

Voxumo simply shrugged his shoulders as he looked carefully at Thentyle

"I truly do not know. Someone who has evil intentions."

If only he knew he was travelling with someone who is equally evil

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Obviously..." He said sadly. "Still, I'm sure there's SOMEBODY that can guide me in the right direction." He then mulled something over before looking at an empty space of wall. "Do you think there's a need for anything I can provide around here?"

Voxumo considered his words a bit as he looked around the village

"well they always are creating new tunnels and as a toa of earth you can litterly move the dirt."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"I suppose. But better yet I can just absorb some of it if I get tired. Now, who to ask..." he looked around and decided to question one small Onu-Matoran that seemed to be going to mine something. He walked back to Voxumo with a smile. "That guy was the foreman. He said I could help out with expanding a shaft in the Great Mine. The pay would be a few widgets, with a possible bonus if I find anything particularly useful. That's good, isn't it?" he said.

Voxumo nodded slowly at his words

"Well i will help as well. Sometimes they acidentally hit water reserves and it floods the tunnels. I can offer my help to freeze the water incase that happens. Plus i can offer some relief from searing heat if they get near lava pockets."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"You really are a useful asset, Vox. Come on, let's go before we get a pay docked without having even worked yet!"Thentyle ran off in the direction of the Foreman, who began to lead him deep down into the section of the mine they were to work on. Thentyle was quite surprised when re was faced with a blank wall and all the other Onu-Matoran were in completely separate areas. "Um...Am I the only one working on this tunnel?" he asked the foreman. The Foreman laughed slightly.

'Of course! You're an Onu-Toa, aren't you? You should be able to handle it. Plus you have that other guy with you.' the foreman nodded towards Vox before walking off to do his portion of the work.

Shrugging, Thentyle drew his weapon, the same drill he'd used to whip up a sandstorm beneath the Nui Jaga in Po-Wahi, and rammed its spinning blade into the wall. He felt it shaking as it bounced of some of the earth from time to time, where he'd have to then clear the area by shovelling the area with his oversized hands, and he would then continue with his drilling, large portions of the soil being knocked aside and being carried away by Ussal crabs or other Onu-Matoran. Thentyle couldn't put his finger on it, but it gave him some joy to do all of this digging. He felt like he could truly call this place home.

If I were still a matoran, he thought, I wish I could have lived here...

Voxumo simply looked around as he leaned against the tunnel wall and watched Thentyle work. He looked over at him and smiled

"Need me to cool you off at all?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"No, but thanks for offering!" He said as he continued digging. At one point he was forced to stop when he hit something interesting. Putting his drill aside, he began clawing through some of the dirt and absorbing other bits of it into himself until he finally found a bit of stone, almost like a wall. Hitting it a few times, the thin piece of stone buckled and shattered, and a small pool of Protodermis drained out of the reserve Thentyle had just excavated.

"Perfect!" he said as the last of the reserve fell out. He called for a fellow miner to bring him some holding capsules before manually containing all of the Protodermis and giving it to the Foreman, who in return handed a healthy amount of Widgets. Thentyle walked back to Voxumo. "I think this should be enough for your blade now." he said, handing a significant portion over.

Voxumo was truly surprised by this and simply smiled while he looked at Thentyle a bit closely. As he approached Thentyle he grinned and just extended hs hand to him,

"Well that is certainly nice of you. Mata-nui knows i need a blade. i only have my shield currently."

As he looked back to the tunnel entrance he sighed heavily

"Now we have to find someone to actually craft the blade for me. That in itself is a hard task for i can not choose just anyone, Protosteel is a very temperamental metal."

He looked at his left shoulder and just shook his head

"It's going to have to be a thin and light blade given i can not wield it with two hands anymore."

With that he let his right arm flick from out of his cloak

"I have been seriously limited by this Single handedness."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

He nodded his head in agreement, but gave a sad look. "It's a shame you'll be handicapped like this forever." He said, sympathising. "Still, while I hate to be insensitive on the issue, I'm willing to assist as your left-hand Toa for now." He tried to show that he was not trying to make light of the situation, although it more than likely came across as a bit rude."Actually, if I may ask...what is your goal? What do you strive to do?"

Voxumo was a bit caught off by this as he considered the words. He laughed rather loudly as he wrapped his arm around Thentyles neck

"My dear Thentyle, I would be proud to have you as my left-hand toa. And regarding you second question. Well let me put it this way. I am not content to stand around and do nothing. Even with my handicap i will never allow myself to sit still and slowly rot from the soul out."

He suddenly got a very deep voice as his words turned into liquid ice

"And i am not like the other toa of ice. I am not cool and collected."

With that he quickly removed his arm from around Thentyle's shoulder and shot a beam of ice at a Kofo-Jaga who was crawling up Thentyles legs before activating his mask and thrusting the creature into the ground shattering it into a thousand little ice shards

He turned his gaze back to Thentyle and smiled

"If that creature had stung you, you would be on the ground in intense pain. Never let your guard down."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The toa was taken aback in surprise. He hadn't even noticed the scorpion-like creature near them, and as a result he immediately fetl a wave of gratitude wash over him."THank you...I really apreciate that." He said, unsure how he'd not felt it. "I'm glad you don't want to let your handicap get you down. Now for weaponry...Well, I have no clue where I'd go since so far the only places I know are this underground beauty and the horribly bright dessert above us."

IC: VoxVox smiled as he considered these words"i know of only one decent Matoran. He crafted my original blade. The difficult part is finding him. He never leaves Onu-koro because he is blind but he is a Fe-matoran. He is the best crafter i have ever met but he is most likely drunk." Vox started to walk away before turning to look at Thentyle "His name Is Jivahn."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Jivahn, hm? Nice name for an Onu-Matoran. But...blind, really? Must be bothersome, though I suppose if you live underground you're as in the dark as anyone who isn't an onu-Matoran. Shall we check one of the taverns, then?" Thentyle gave a tone of umbrage at the idea of entering a second tavern in such a short timeframe. "But then again, if he's plastered on Bulu juice there's a chance he's not really going to be able to make you a mask, now, isn't there?"

Voxumo laughed a bit loudly as he looked closer at Thentyle

"He is a Fe-matoran not a onu-matoran. And i do not know how to explain it but he works better when drunk. He always demands i buy his drinks in return for his services. So yeah he is an odd one."

With that he began to walk out of the tunnel and made sure Thentyle was following

"Now if memory serves me correct there is only one Tavern that he frequented quite often. He should be there."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Onuzek

"Po-Wahi," The gigantic titan replied, not glancing back at the parakuka-latched Fe-Matoran. After a moment's pause, he continued, "There should be an old Follower of Makuta... meeting place there. It's not much more than a glorified cave, but perhaps they left something of value, yes?"

That wasn't entirely true, they were going to the cave, but not to look for materials. At least, not the normal kind. To say the least, the hulking Toa of Gravity had been there before, and there were a few... things waiting for them.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: oops, posted the wrong character's post here. >_<IC: ThentyleThentyle followed quietly, admiring that not only did Voxumo get fine weaponry from a Matoran who is usually in a tavern and blind, but also from someone who works better when they're drunk. "Astounding..." He muttered to himself as he walked through the barely-illuminated city.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Voxumo walked through the market place of Onu-koro trying to find the tavern.

When he finnally arrived in the tavern he looked around and finnally found Jivahn. He slowly approached him and smiled as he spoke

"Hey there Jivahn. Long time no see."

Jivahn suddenly turned in his seat and recongnized Voxumo's voice

"Well hey there Vox. How your blade working for you?"

Voxumo scratched at the back of the neck

"Well it was bitten in two."

"WHAT?!." Jivahn shouted then suddenly calmed "So i suppose your here to ask about a new weapon?"

Voxumo smiled

"Yep. We even have payment."

Jivahn nodded a bit as he considers Voxumo's words

"So you have an ally now. Interesting."

With that Jivahn stood up and beckoned for Voxumo to follow

"Come on we have to get moving. The sooner i can get your sword done the sooner i can get more drinks."

And with that Voxumo followed behind Jivahn. He managed to offer Thentyle a small grin

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

It was a bright afternoon. Sunlight fell through a partly cloudy atmosphere to watch the people of Mata Nui going about their lives. The sea around the island lapped in its normal patterns, turquoise under the happy light. For the most part, the Koros were peaceful on this afternoon. Matoran walked the streets performing their daily businesses – buying and selling, farming, weaving, carving – and the warm glow from on high relieved a little of the weary tension that had sat in their shoulders for too long. On such a fine day as this, with no antagonistic Rahi in sight, none of their friends on the march, it wasn’t so hard for the more optimistic Matoran to feel that the Great Spirit may have blessed them with a rare good day. The wiser ones knew better than to hope.

Somewhere within close proximity to the Koros, unnoticeable at first, there were slight tremors in the earth. Perhaps a leaf or two rustled, or a pebble bounced, snows or sands shifted. The tremors could easily have been mistaken at first for wind, but it was not long before they escalated into discernible quakes. Anyone who stood by chance over the patch of disturbed ground would have been able to tell that something under their feet was moving, may even have been able to hear a rumbling crack. The faces of the first Matoran to notice blanched, and they quickly ran back to the safety of their Koros, shouted the alarm. Nobody could know what was coming from below him or her, but by the feeling of it, it had to have been big.

With the speed of wildfire in dry grass, the fearful word of the trembling in the earth spread, and it was only a matter of minutes before practically the whole Koro was peering anxiously from behind cover at the patch of ground which, by now, was visibly shaking, tossing dust and debris about. The patches were all situated someplace easily within view, right at the doorsteps of the Koros; it was clearly a strategically placed disturbance. The noise of breaking ground was a pervasive growl interspersed with sharp sounds of fracturing rock. The Matoran watched with unconsciously held breath. The warriors among them already had their weapons ready; if today was to be a day when they would fend off an assault, so be it. The Matoran of Mata Nui may have been small, but they were not helpless against Makuta's pet Rahi.

Against what emerged from the ground, though, they stood no chance.

The final cracking noises were loud as gunfire, and the rock of the earth shattered outwards like ten thousand arrowheads, injuring any who were too close. The ground exploded completely into shards, revealing a gaping maw of a tunnel, wide enough for the passage of a legion. And a legion marched forth from the earth, arranged in the formations of a well-trained army. At the front of the columns were brown, spiny creatures wielding sharp-edged staffs. Even the Matoran who had never seen one of these frightful beings before knew that these, and the countless others behind them, were Rahkshi. The many brown Rahkshi of Shattering, which had carved the way for those behind them, screeched in challenge and exploded nearby boulders as signs of force, then moved to the back lines to preserve their strength. The others strode out on their long legs in unison step, weapons held with deadly ease.

Line by line, the Rahkshi emerged from Makuta's secretly-developed system of tunnels, a project he had set his tireless sons to some weeks ago. Each contingent had carved through the earth on their straight paths, and all had simultaneously broken through the final barriers before their targets at the order of their master. Every breed, every shape of spine and pattern of staff, was represented in the ranks, each different color interspersed at random with the others. There were perhaps a hundred Rahkshi at the foot of every Koro, each one a warrior with more speed and strength than two Toa combined. There were no forces in any Koro that could give any challenge to such a host of the staff-wielding creatures.

None in the people in the Koros moved or spoke. They waited for the Rahkshi to make the first move, but the Rahkshi, once assembled before the holes they had stepped out of, stood in still readiness. If any were foolish enough to try and brave the creatures, they were killed before they even reached the tips of the staffs. After any futile attacks ceased and silence returned to the tense standoff, the scattering of red Rahkshi of Fear began to scream, and they were rapidly joined by all their brothers. The cacophony of a hundred shrill voices curdled blood for miles around; the likes of the sound had never been heard on the island of Mata Nui. The shrieks died down after a few seconds, leaving the Rahkshi standing as they were: ready, but motionless.

The people of Mata Nui wondered how long it would be until the army that spelled their doom would strike.

test2.png

Voxumo watched as Jivahn worked away on forging his new sword.

2 hours later

Voxumo was amazed at the craftmanship of his blade. It was almost a exact replica of his original blade but slightly smaller and lighter.

With several quick movements he sliced through the air with his right hand. It was amazing

He turned to jivahn and smiled

"Well thank you very much Jivahn. Glad we could pay your tab off at the bar."

"Eh no problem, Vox. Just don't get it broken again."

Voxumo laughed rather loudly "Of course Jivahn. Take care."

"I will."

And with that Voxumo placed his katana on a hilt that laid on his right hip. He turned to look at Thentyle just as he heard the loud shrill noise

"What the Karzahni was that?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The wait for the weapon to be completed was agonisingly long, but the Toa of Earth had been happy to wait. When the shrill Power Scream echoed over the island, Thentyle felt a rush of pure terror flood over him. "I have no clue..." he said to Voxumo, rushing outside of the forge where he, Voxumo and Jivahn had been and hurriedly looked around Onu-Koro. At first, he hadn't noticed it. Then, he saw the eyes of the hundred-strong rahkshi army in the distance, and a small scattered litter of corpses of those who had attempted to attack or been caught in the initial blast. Thentyle trembled when he saw them all. "I've seen these before...one used to live in the forest I had to forage in...but these looks so much stronger...as though they've been trained..." He realised that he was probably a prime target for attack based on the light his shoulders emitted. The claws on the back of his orange feet dug into the ground out of fear. "I want to keep everyone safe but...I don't want to die here either..." As the thoughts came to mind, he hurried back to Vox and Jivahn to relay what he'd just seen. Then, he shouted out, "We have to get everyone out of here!"

Voxumo looked at Thentyle with a look of mild interest.

"You know they most likely have every tunnel out of Onu-koro blocked."

With a look that essential gives off a 'I don't care' feeling he looked directly into Thentyle's eyes

"I am not going to risk my life for the matoran. They have never done anything to inspire me to help them. Anything i do will be to benefit me and me only."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: [Calkf]

The sad thing about being a therapist on the island of Mata Nui was that you never got any business, even though nearly half the population had some sort of problem they were trying to conceal under layers and layers of bravado or coldness. One could chalk that up to a refusal to admit that they were problematic in some way, but even those with minor problems that weren't too embarrassing didn't come to her.

Paying the rent was going to be rather difficult this month.

Calkf shook her head, clearing her mind of such thoughts. For now, she would simply sit in her hut and wait, hoping that someone would see the sign hanging in her front yard and come in for a session. Maybe even more. She did need the money after all.