The Red Star

So lately I've been wondering, the real hydraxon when he died went to the red star.(thank you bonesiii) But if dekar-hydraxon were to die would he go to the red star as dekar or hydraxon, honestly I think hydraxon because no one will ever be able to retrieve dekar's real memories because hydraxon being in the order of mata nui his mind would be trained to withstand any attempt to intrude his mind, so therefor he might go to the red star as dekar but still think he's hydraxon!

Edited by nocturn701

Seeing as the Red Star has to work with existing body parts, I'm pretty sure he'd still look like Hydraxon. If there were to be any effect from recovering his mind, I can only imagine he would either stay entirely Hydraxon, or have the memories of both Hydraxon and Dekar.

• Upvote 1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

The Bionicle Wiki is an unreliable source. Even some of the people who used to run it think it's unreliable. I strongly recommend using BS01.

The original Hydraxon did actually go to the Red Star.

If Dekar-Hydraxon died he'd almost certainly still be Hydraxon on the Star; Greg has said that if the original somehow made it out, there'd be two Hydraxons walking about on Spherus Magna. Presumably the same applies if the other one were to die.

I thought there was something about Dekar-Hydraxon regaining some of his old memories of being Dekar but still continuing to be Hydraxon... but don't quote me on that, I don't remember where I read it.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 3

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

So lately I've been wondering, the real hydraxon when he died never went to the red star.(says the bionicle wiki)

Then it needs an edit. As quoted in the Official Red Star Guide, Hydraxon is one of the very few individuals Greg actually directly confirmed is on the Red Star:

Does this mean there are two Hydraxons alive now?

Yes, one up there, one down here.

But if dekar-hydraxon were to die would he go to the red star as dekar or hydraxon

To be clear, he is still both. He just doesn't remember being Dekar. The memories are still there; they're just suppressed. I suspect he would be revived exactly as he is, but there is evidence against it (though not clearly against it) in that Greg said the RS has information on the original creations of Matoran, etc. So, it might be able to pull that information and make Dekar override Hydraxon. But that depends on how "smart" the revival system is, and we have no way to know.

honestly I think hydraxon because no one will ever be able to retrieve dekar's real memories because hydraxon being in the order of mata nui his mind would be trained to withstand any attempt to intrude his mind, so therefor he might go to the red star as dekar but still think he's hydraxon!

Makuta (when in control of Maxilos) actually informed HyDekaraxon that he was really a Matoran transformed. He very well might seek to remember his true identity later on when he's not needed. Say, if the real Hydraxon ever gets out of the RS and does survive the trip, he might take over imprisoning baddies somewhere on SM, and Dekar might be freed up to be himself again. Also, it's not "no one" because the Ignika itself is still somewhere on SM and could possibly undo what it did in the first place; perhaps transferring all the memories of the copy to the original and freeing Dekar. Who knows?

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The Red Star has the original data for Dekar, and would thus restore him to his original state as a matoran, but leave his memories intact.

Or it would recognize him as Hydraxon rather than Dekar, and repair him as such.

The point is, it depends on whether the Red Star identifies a Matoran Universe entity by it's memories or it's physical body.

• Upvote 1

The point is, it depends on whether the Red Star identifies a Matoran Universe entity by it's memories or it's physical body.

Well in the cases that you mentioned, he'd be Hydraxon either way, since both his body and memories are not those of Dekar, but Hydraxon. :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Well in the cases that you mentioned, he'd be Hydraxon either way, since both his body and memories are not those of Dekar, but Hydraxon. :P

I believe he's referring to the subconscious (hidden) memories of Dekar. :)

Actually, it really isn't about just body versus memories though. There's four main things it might focus on -- current body form, original body form, current accessible memories, hidden memory of true identity. I'm saying this because the Mahritoran were turned back to their original body forms by their brief contact with the Pit Mutagen, so evidently data for that is stored in the protodermis molecules of everybody -- meaning, in the body.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It would appear that the transformation might have left a few gaps:

The part of him that was the jailer of the Pit knew this mask must be important if the Barraki wanted it, and that it should be kept safe and away from them. But a smaller part of him, the remnants of Dekar's consciousness, remembered this mask as something dangerous and destructive. In the wrong hands, the Mask of Life was a potentially devastating weapon.

There's also a scene where Makuta recognizes these memories, enough to taunt Hydraxon with them. I thought there was a scene where the memories came back for a second and D-Hydraxon doubted himself, but I can't find it ATM.

I think if the Dekar-Hydraxon was brought back, he would be brought back as he is - body same, same mixed memories. That's Occam's Razor. Also beings that become Toa or Turaga don't come back as Matoran, so I think that would apply for all transformations in general, which would include this one.