• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BZPower Constraction Parts Draft?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: BZPower Parts Draft

What is the most you are willing to pay to participate?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How would you like to participate? Select all that apply.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,341 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Mar 03 2014 - 06:15 PM

After getting some initial feedback in my blog, I've decided to get some additional feedback about this idea.

If you're not familiar with the concept of a parts draft, check out this page and this one.

The questions above are to help us decide if and how we should organize such a draft. If you are not interested in participating, there's no need to vote. Please add any additional comments or suggestions for sets to draft below.

Thanks!

#2 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 15-March 03
  • 11,567 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Mar 03 2014 - 06:40 PM

I am loving the livestream idea (which is turning out to be one of my favourite things we are doing now), and I am willing to go as high as $20, but I think we would have more fun if it was two sets vs one bigger set.

Semantics at that point, though.

15863389948_205b2ce1e0.jpg

Yes I can see now, we're having fun in the end

Now it all makes sense

#3 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • DJ Kumo

• 01-February 08
  • 6,031 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 03 2014 - 06:52 PM

I'd go to $20, and I'm game for any location (assuming I'm able to make it to BFVA).

Oh the hero comes I can hear the drums and the horses drawn to the kingdom come through the pale moonlight
Our hearts ignite to the call
bionicle_hero.png
Claim your prize for a crown of stars in the name of love be the sacrifice you and I will stand and fight
Our backs to the wall

#4 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,314 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2014 - 07:55 PM

I don't even know if this would be a good idea. I've never done a parts draft before and don't know whether I'd end up with a bunch of parts I want or the least desirable parts in the sets. I might try it just to find out, though.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#5 Online xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 17-January 03
  • 6,539 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 04 2014 - 11:31 AM

I don't even know if this would be a good idea. I've never done a parts draft before and don't know whether I'd end up with a bunch of parts I want or the least desirable parts in the sets. I might try it just to find out, though.

Generally, you end up with a bit of both.  It depends on the set and how many parts you want out of it, and what parts others want too.  I've done some drafts where people are focused on different elements, and all come away happy.

I'd pay for a $20 set (or two $10 sets) in one of the virtual forms of the draft, just to see how it goes.

:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#6 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,314 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2014 - 03:42 PM

Generally, you end up with a bit of both.  It depends on the set and how many parts you want out of it, and what parts others want too.  I've done some drafts where people are focused on different elements, and all come away happy.

I'd pay for a $20 set (or two $10 sets) in one of the virtual forms of the draft, just to see how it goes.

:music:

Okay. I think it'd be worth a shot if we do it, and I could definitely pay for a piece of the pie..

Also, if I might suggest a set to use, I think Splitter Beast would offer plenty of variety. Since it's essentially two figures, there are two heads, two kinds of feet, several types of beams and shells, and even two Mini-Heroes.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#7 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 15-June 12
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2014 - 05:36 AM

I'm more inclined for the 2 set option. Last parts draft I was in at BFVA was great, I got good parts, but I got more than I know what to do with! I'd like to get more kinds of parts in more manageable quantities.

For the same reason, maybe we can have two drafts? Less people in the draft means everyone gets to pick more parts, and doesn't get unnecessarily huge quantities of everything. I usually don't need more than 20 of a piece at all. 10 people is plenty for a single draft, and it looks like we have close to 20 people.

We would be splitting up chima or ninjago sets, right? I think they'd be most popular for Bionicle mocists, and they have very interesting and diverse parts.

Also, I didn't notice the second poll said "pick all the apply". I can do any option easily.

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png  76561198054169989.png

#8 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,341 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted May 02 2014 - 07:28 AM

For the same reason, maybe we can have two drafts? Less people in the draft means everyone gets to pick more parts, and doesn't get unnecessarily huge quantities of everything. I usually don't need more than 20 of a piece at all. 10 people is plenty for a single draft, and it looks like we have close to 20 people.

I think for the first attempt we'd only do one draft.

We would be splitting up chima or ninjago sets, right? I think they'd be most popular for Bionicle mocists, and they have very interesting and diverse parts.

As I said in the blog entry linked to in my first post, this would be for constraction sets, likely some Hero Factory sets from this year.

#9 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 15-June 12
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted May 03 2014 - 10:03 PM

Hmm. Even though we're constraction builders, I can't see any reason why anyone would need 10 of the same mask/head, plus with the low parts numbers of the sets, it would be very hard to split it up evenly. I don't think I would want in on a constraction parts draft TBH, though it could depend on the set.

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png  76561198054169989.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users