• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Octosubmarine

Lego underwater

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline keiththelegokid

keiththelegokid
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 55 posts

Posted Apr 12 2014 - 10:30 AM

This model is my entry for the Bzpower For Chima contest!

Here is the Link to the model
https://www.flickr.c...57643845503163/

A description is included with the pic.

WARNING: WEAR SUNGLASSES

Thanks for looking:)

Check out Emmets Constructo-Spaceship

http://www.us.lego.c...1f-0b1050ed347f

#2 Online RahkshiToa88

RahkshiToa88
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 403 posts

Posted Apr 12 2014 - 08:01 PM

I think that bears more resemblance to a squid, but excellent build and background! It is much better than the "Squidmarine" I considered entering. Good luck!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

rahkshitoa.png

Credit to Voxumo for the sprite of my self-moc!

#3 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,993 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2014 - 09:55 PM

It looks like it has quite a simple build, like the tentacles look a little thin in contrast to the body, but I guess that can't be helped. Anyways good luck

#4 Offline keiththelegokid

keiththelegokid
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 55 posts

Posted Apr 13 2014 - 03:17 AM

I think that bears more resemblance to a squid, but excellent build and background! It is much better than the "Squidmarine" I considered entering. Good luck!

My sisters said the same thing. My argument was that the model does not have two long tentacles like a squid does

It looks like it has quite a simple build, like the tentacles look a little thin in contrast to the body, but I guess that can't be helped. Anyways good luck

Hmm, I will have to work on stuff like that in the future.

#5 Online RahkshiToa88

RahkshiToa88
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 403 posts

Posted Apr 13 2014 - 03:54 PM

My sisters said the same thing. My argument was that the model does not have two long tentacles like a squid does

That is a good argument.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

rahkshitoa.png

#6 Offline keiththelegokid

keiththelegokid
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 55 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 01:47 PM

That is a good argument.

I thought so too, but what makes my model look like a squid?

#7 Online RahkshiToa88

RahkshiToa88
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 403 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 02:45 PM

The general shape of the body and position of some pieces, also the lack of webbing between tentacles, but that would be way too hard to do with Legos and some squids have it.

rahkshitoa.png

#8 Offline Matoro Lives

Matoro Lives
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 78 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 29 2014 - 09:49 AM

The sub itself seems relatively simple to build, but A+ work on the detailed environment. You definitely are a skilled builder, but I would spend more time on the main subject, than on the surrounding environment. The main build seems to be the weak point in the build and you never want that in a competition. Good work, but next time make the subject of the build what stands out, not the surroundings.

POWER TO THE FANS
LETS TAKE BACK BZP FROM THE HERO FACTORY FANBOYS
STOP THIS POINTLESS CENSORSHIP AND SHEATHE THE BAN HAMMERS
BRING BACK THE FRIENDLY AND INFORMATIVE BZP
SUPPORT TTV AND GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users