Discussions in the Dark

The Lorax

Ouch.... That must have hurt. Take as much time off as you need.

Yeah, it did, but just to reiterate, this does not mean that I will be leaving the game for any length of time. I might just be posting more sporadically. No Lorax-run game has ever died of inactivity or GM-negligence, and I will be doing everything I can to keep it that way.

Anyway, thanks very much for your well-wishes. As I said, once I know more about how this will affect my activity, I will let you know.

ppg2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Ahktu can't really do much right now, being KOed and all.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Well, he could wake up.  ;)

Or , he could get found while still unconscious and get carried out of the mines by a rescue party, or they could miss him and he wakes up alone down there once everybody has gone. They all have interesting possibilities. Your call.

Who knew being knocked out could give you so much to do?

ppg2.png

Well, he could wake up.  ;)

Or , he could get found while still unconscious and get carried out of the mines by a rescue party, or they could miss him and he wakes up alone down there once everybody has gone. They all have interesting possibilities. Your call.

Who knew being knocked out could give you so much to do?

I think I'll have him wake up. :P

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Arsenal:

The Vahki stayed still for a little while, planning how he would get to the mine without his navi module that would normally get him anywhere he had been before. Then Arsenal walked back into his hut, grabbed a map, and began navigating the city. The map showed which color level the mine entrances were, so Arsenal had decided that he would find that color level and follow it until he found the mines.

Well, this is a little awkward. I'd already mentioned his arrival down in there, hoping top get Arsenal into the action quickly. Here:

So saying , he disappeared back into the darkness, leaving the two alone. About a minute later, his voice could be heard in the distance and then finally he returned, clambering over the strewn boulders and bringing with him a Rori, a Tarore and a mechanical android, which was carrying two stretchers.

Do you want to go with that or keep RPing his trip down?

ppg2.png

IC Arsenal:

The Vahki stayed still for a little while, planning how he would get to the mine without his navi module that would normally get him anywhere he had been before. Then Arsenal walked back into his hut, grabbed a map, and began navigating the city. The map showed which color level the mine entrances were, so Arsenal had decided that he would find that color level and follow it until he found the mines.

Well, this is a little awkward. I'd already mentioned his arrival down in there, hoping top get Arsenal into the action quickly. Here:

So saying , he disappeared back into the darkness, leaving the two alone. About a minute later, his voice could be heard in the distance and then finally he returned, clambering over the strewn boulders and bringing with him a Rori, a Tarore and a mechanical android, which was carrying two stretchers.

Do you want to go with that or keep RPing his trip down?

Oops. I'll go with what you had.

I'll be unavailable from the 18-25.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry that this is sorta metagaming - tell me if you want me to remove this post - but I just wanted to give Karaihe some action.

Yeah, this is textbook metagaming. That top-secret official meeting hasn't even ended yet, so nobody could have come out bearing news or these rumors. Nonetheless, I understand what you were trying to do when faced with a plot that is, at thins point, rather difficult to break into, so sorry about that.

Rest assured, however, that as soon as someone who is in on that meeting posts, I'll begin getting that scouting party together and find some way to make sure that Karaihe is in it.

ppg2.png

No problem :) As GM, it's my job to facilitate interaction, give people the best opportunities to participate in the RPG and to make the best possible stories while doing so. This was an easy way to do that.

I suppose that I should also announce that I'll be away this weekend, and unable to read or post on the RPG. The youth group is heading up the mountain for a couple of days of skiing, tramping, camping and general good fun (not that I'll be doing all of that of course, but I'll still be along for the ride. Broken backs suck.  >:( ).

Anyway, I shouldn't mope about that. It will be a great couple of days. So, no posting Friday night through Sunday evening (NZT, for reference. It will be different for most of you). Don't collapse the caverns while I'm gone! I will be back in full force on Monday, hopefully in time for the announcement of whatever new direction the RPG forum will take starting next month.

On a slightly related note, I've felt like this game has turned out to be very railroad-y so far, and I apologise for that. I wrote the plot for this a long time ago, before I knew a lot about crafting or running games, and boy has it showed. I've just been shunting you guys from event to infodump without having PCs really exert much influence at all. Thanks to everybody for sticking through that. Has it felt like this to you guys too? Let me know. It is a problem I've put a lot of work into avoiding in my next offering.

Anyway, I'm saying this now because I hope we're through that. I've very deliberately withdrawn all of my GMCs from the scouting group to allow those characters to grow together a bit and start interacting organically without me shoving plot all over them every few posts. Their adventures are theirs, as are their choices, so since we are off the rails now, those choices will matter. I do not know how this story is going to end. That's not to say that I don't have ideas (I've got two or three basic scenarios, as with City of Legends), but which one will play out depemds entirely on PC choices.

I'll end this weird rant here. It's past midnight and I should really get to sleep. The point is, have fun and play well, or as the Danes say, LEGO!

ppg2.png

Quick question: Were Kware's kinetic emitters taken, too? I only ask because they are built into his forearm armor and lower leg armor, and while the panels are visible, one wouldn't necessarily know that these panels serve as weapons. Of course, we are dealing with a Makuta...

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, if a new party is assembled, Arsenal would be happy to assist, hint hint. :P

"Uh, I'm afraid it doesn't work like that," Kware whispered. "To make sure he can't hear us, I'd have to use it on him, and I can't do that unless I can see him. If I used it on you, I could only make you deaf or mute."

Really? Canon isn't totally clear on the issue, but it is a completely reasonable interpretation to say that the mask can be used to make a being completely silent, not just mute. In fact, I've already approved that interpretation, with this bit in Teota's profile.

Also, when she uses her mask in conjunction with Kware's, she is nigh-undetectable, though she cannot stay invisible for long. She is mentally sound and strong-willed.

If you want to keep playing under the more limited interpretation of the masks's power, that's cool, but there doesn't have to be any problem with Tarua's plan either.

ppg2.png

"Uh, I'm afraid it doesn't work like that," Kware whispered. "To make sure he can't hear us, I'd have to use it on him, and I can't do that unless I can see him. If I used it on you, I could only make you deaf or mute."

Really? Canon isn't totally clear on the issue, but it is a completely reasonable interpretation to say that the mask can be used to make a being completely silent, not just mute. In fact, I've already approved that interpretation, with this bit in Teota's profile.

Also, when she uses her mask in conjunction with Kware's, she is nigh-undetectable, though she cannot stay invisible for long. She is mentally sound and strong-willed.

If you want to keep playing under the more limited interpretation of the masks's power, that's cool, but there doesn't have to be any problem with Tarua's plan either.

I was sticking to how I interpreted the description of the mask on the BS01 wiki: "It allows its user to simultaneously disable a target's ability to speak and hear for as long as the user concentrates." When I mentioned in Teota's profile that Shelek could be used in conjunction with her mask to make her hard to detect, I meant that Kware would use the mask on their target. That way the target could neither see nor hear Teota.

However, if you are okay with it making another person silent (beyond just being unable to speak), I am, too. It would certainly make it more useful than it has been so far. I'll edit Kware's post when I have more time to do so.

I was sticking to how I interpreted the description of the mask on the BS01 wiki: "It allows its user to simultaneously disable a target's ability to speak and hear for as long as the user concentrates." When I mentioned in Teota's profile that Shelek could be used in conjunction with her mask to make her hard to detect, I meant that Kware would use the mask on their target. That way the target could neither see nor hear Teota.

However, if you are okay with it making another person silent (beyond just being unable to speak), I am, too. It would certainly make it more useful than it has been so far. I'll edit Kware's post when I have more time to do so.

Yeah, personally I feel that's more the way to go with it. Having a mask that did nothing but make the person mute and deaf is really more a communication loss, and I feel that the Shelek was considered to be immoral because of the fact that it made someone totally silent, in actions and in voice, so that they couldn't raise an alarm or alert anyone if they were being attacked or even kidnapped. Just muting one's voice still allows for clanging and clattering that could get someone to investigate what's going on, the entire point of the mask seeming to be to stop that. :P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Okay, I edited my last post. I was going to just respond to Silo's most recent one, and have Kware try it out and be surprised that it works like that. However, based on his background, it wouldn't make much sense for someone like Kware not to know the range of powers offered by his mask. I apologize, then, for making your post not make much sense, Silo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So what exactly is up with this RP? It is still going what's it about and all that?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png