Catra

Anyway, why on earth would a Beta!Sufferer be hanging out with an Alpha!Nepeta? Surely he could tell that they're not the same person? More the point, how on earth could he directly interact with her anyway in Dream Bubbles? It's either the Karkat we know and love, or a doomed version that somehow God Tiered.Also people keep pointing out he has no wings and then they say it's because they're small and nubby like his horns and that also makes me sad.signoff.png

The whole Sufferer ide doesn't make any sense. That's why I think Hussie could make it work. Not that I think it holds any water, but there are definitely many shenanigans involved.His wings may be concealed under his cape.

AXKP5KC.png

Anyway, why on earth would a Beta!Sufferer be hanging out with an Alpha!Nepeta? Surely he could tell that they're not the same person? More the point, how on earth could he directly interact with her anyway in Dream Bubbles? It's either the Karkat we know and love, or a doomed version that somehow God Tiered.Also people keep pointing out he has no wings and then they say it's because they're small and nubby like his horns and that also makes me sad.

The whole Sufferer ide doesn't make any sense. That's why I think Hussie could make it work. Not that I think it holds any water, but there are definitely many shenanigans involved.His wings may be concealed under his cape.
So many shenanigans, all of them in fact. I think having the Sufferer involved would be really weird. And also adding to what I said, surely Nepeta could tell the difference as well.And also gosh I hope so, because he needs to fly, he has to! If he gets to at some point, that'll be greater than the blood-brothers handshake he did with Jack all that time ago, still the most poignant moment for me. I guess this is the point where I ask for people's most poignant moment in the series, to promote some discussion, so go.Also, I do believe the Act 6 Flashes have been of a much higher calibre than the previous acts (excluding EoAs). In terms of quality, shock value, intrigue, hilarity (particularly visual gags like the sky writing), etc. Obvious exceptions being the Character Select Screens, but they don't count. Or do they? signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

God Tier players can fly whether they have wings or not. That's kind of a thing with them, since they are supposed to be originally dreamselves. The only reason troll GTs have wings to begin with is that Vriska fantasized about the awesome Summoner guy.As for poignant moments... I don't quite know. I think probably Jack's Exile murderspree, but I really haven't given it much thought. Homestuck is a huge rollercoasting feelings jam session.

AXKP5KC.png

Oh yeah, of course they can. Derp.Most of mine seem to feature Karkat at his most human, like the Vriska/John/Karkat and Bilious Slick convos from the Doc segment. Maybe I should stop talking about Karkat. Like how Equius was the first to noticed Roxy. I found that pretty interesting for some reason, other than the fact they're both Void. And while in my bottom six trolls, I still like him as a character all the same, the creep that he is. Not really any characters I don't like. signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

Yeah, I have a feeling the reason Nepeta and Equius were included in the Flash, other than to mess with the reader, is that they share their title and aspect with Roxy, respectively. I agree though, anything with Karkat is great. He is definitively my favorite troll. Every time he opens up, it's bound to be amazing.

AXKP5KC.png

Is Roxy actually confirmed a Rogue though? Because I have a friend who thinks she's more a Seer, like her mother.Also I saw this post elsewhere earlier regarding the retcon:

The change in the new flash wasn’t a retcon because he made a mistake.You know how people who enter dream bubbles think they’re reliving certain memories, and perceive everyone as alive. Until they get rid of this “filter,” they see others as alive.The original flash had everyone alive because the fandom wanted their favorite characters to be alive. Once we realized that Roxy entered a dream bubble and everyone was really dead, the flash changed because we got rid of our “filter”, revealing the blank, dead eyes.

I just found that immensely fascinating

bionicle is trans culture

My favorite moment would probably have to be the little handshake between Jack and Karkat. It's one of the big reasons behind me wanting that version of Jack to show up again at some point - the other big reason, of course, being that he has unfinished business with the person it was his original goal to kill in the Midnight Crew interlude.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah...If Jack's out to kill Lord English, would he team up with the kids and trolls to do it?

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Is Roxy actually confirmed a Rogue though? Because I have a friend who thinks she's more a Seer, like her mother.

It's only as confirmed as Jake being the Page or Jane being the Maid.ie. Yes, pretty much.
Actually, those two are slightly more confirmed in-story, but Roxy being a Rogue follows the pattern of introducing the two elements during the character's introduction, which Hussie has stated is an indicator of titles. So, although Roxy hasn't been called by her title (as Jane and Jake have been), it's basically certain that she's a Rogue.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

It's probably the most beautiful, miraculous thing I have seen all week.The close second, of course, is fancysantakind.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Okay. He's a bananafly. This makes perfect sense.He's a trollnana. He's a trollnanaaaa. Let's look at him move.Oh.It's not a gif. Guess we don't get to look at him move.Still.tRoLlNaNa.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, here, have another one.Ianpic3.jpgSeems the Minstrel in the Gallery and the Bard of Rage have something in common as far as their tastes in odd clothing go.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

What are you talking about the Bard of Rage is godly.It's like you haven't desensitized yourself to this by reading Bard Quest two dozen times.But on a completely serious note, the Bard design is pretty interesting, god pieces notwithstanding. It's very similar to the Knight design, which was a little surprising. Those wings are absolute perfection, though.My headcanon for this is that the thing is a thing Gamzee picked up in his adventures but never used because he knew he didn't have the right getup. If he had ever reached the got tier, he would've worn it. But I don't think it's part of the design. Or is this something obvious? I dunno.

AXKP5KC.png

Personally, I find the Trollnana outfit halfway between silly and completely awesome. The main thing that amuses me about it is just the incidental resemblance to an outfit once worn by a certain whistling minstrel.Which brings up the question of what instrument Gamzee would actually play. On the one hand, you have his fondness for horns, which would seem to indicate the trumpet or trombone as likely suspects - on the other hand, he also carries a pair of weapons that he uses as clubs, perhaps pointing us towards percussion (tambourine? snare drum? something portable, no doubt) instead.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

After spending two days actually *reading* Act 5, I have kind of changed my opinions on the trolls. Terezi is awesome, Vriska and Karkat are cool, I hate Eridan and Nepeta, everyone else is neutral.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Fair enough on the honks, though he would probably still go in for a trumpet or something just because. Maybe a kazoo or a jaw-harp, I dunno. Probably something silly.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

> You built him to have rap-offs with now and then.I'm definitely kinda slow on the uptake here but this update has just made me realize that Dirk building robots to rap with is more than likely all a reference to And It Don't Stop

bionicle is trans culture

David Bowie is my messiah, and God Tier Gamzee is his honking prophet.I decree it so. Today is a GLORIOUS day.

Yeah, pretty much this. Not sure whether Gamzee can turn into an owl, but probably yes.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I like the tattoo as well, especially because of the ridiculous little box around it.Sawtooth's description generates a mental image precisely halfway between awesome and ridiculous. Ridawesome. Awediculous.In other, somewhat more brick-to-head news, I have finished my first competition for the contest, and am planning out the second. I have the instrument list ready, it's the tempo, keys and time-signature-shenanigans that will take some effort to plan.Also, if my two pieces for this contest are not selected - and I see no compelling reason to believe that they will be, given that I have all of precisely one kind of luck, and if it wasn't for that kind of luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all - they will likely be compiled with a selection of other compositions of mine, for eventual release once I acquire the instruments required for an authentic recording (as opposed to a really good soundfont-generated version).

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The best part about Dirk's tattoo is that Hussie actually has a Hella Jeff tattoo on his right arm

I did not know this.What I find interesting is that Dirk seems to combine a few character traits of various trolls. He's got the whole robotics thing (Equius), he's trying to turn somebody into a "ruthless killing machine" (Vriska), and, uh... That's about it, actually.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yes, that not even being a thing is a more general characteristic of the trolls. So we've got elements of Equius, Vriska, Sollux, and trolls in general making a clear appearance with Dirk.Twelve trolls, four of this set of kids, so far one of them resembles three of the trolls.Hope we're just seeing things in tea leaves, because otherwise somebody's going to get stuck with the short straw that is Equius. He's an interesting character, but the only emotions he really inspires waver between pity and loathing.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom