What relation do you want the 2015 story have to the past?

John Smith

What relation should the 2015 story have to the past?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It should be a hard reboot. The previous line ended with Mata Nui melding Spherus Magna back together and the Matoran Universe migrating to live with them in harmony. It's a satisfactory conclusion to the story.

And now it's time to tell a new story. Lego has the opportunity to write a new chapter in the history of Bionicle without being hampered by the admittedly vast continuity which already exists. They should take it.

Soft reboot, as I don't think it's 100% necessary to have a hard-reboot. The only reason the 2006 and 2009 soft-reboots didn't work was because the previous plots were unresolved, and so the story had to inevitably go towards solving the main issue which meant bringing the convoluted points back once more.

But in 2015's case, the plot was resolved back in 2010 (minus the story serials). It doesn't have to necessarily ride on past story because that is all-well and concluded. Give it a time-skip and a new villain and you can start again with a fresh story for new fans, but keep all of the previous history and rules of the universe intact for old fans to digest. Unfortunately, this may limit the new story. 

At the same time, some of the old-universe rules that I mentioned weren't very well-done. If it means changing Bionicle's limited concepts, I'm all down for it. Seeing familiar characters in a completely new story and setting with new rules is exciting too. 

So I'm down for either way. Hopefully we'll find out more tomorrow.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg