In Case Of The Bionicle Apocalypse

TheDarkSide

I'm just so amused by all the people who feel so offended by this.

So Bionicle fans starting a religious underground cult, eh? Sounds great to me. We can try to capture Greg and force him to answer all Bionicle canon questions against his will. We can have weekly Bionicle novel reading times and public screenings of the Bionicle movies. We'll eventually be forced to repopulate to sustain and keep the cult going, so we'll establish schools teaching the new children about Bionicle canon. Prayers will have to be made to Mata-Nui every morning.

If you don't think this is a good idea, then I don't know what's wrong with you. This is clearly the greatest thing to come to the Bionicle fanbase since Bionicle itself.

Well it's not really a cult, but more of an organization.

That's just what you'd expect the organizer of a cult to say. :P

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It's kind of a "feel free to spam to an extent" and "make up ridicilous ideas about a bionicle apocalypse" kind of topic.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I... don't see why Lego doing with Bionicle what Disney did with Star Wars would be a bad thing. In fact, doing EXACTLY what Disney did with Star Wars—keeping the core story while decanonizing peripheral stories (I guess things like the serials in this analogy)—might be the best way to do a continuation in the unlikely event of the story picking up from the end of original Bionicle.

However, what you seem to be implying is Lego doing a full reboot, which is even better. Why? Because the original Bionicle story is, for all intents and purposes, over. The villain is defeated, the Great Spirit Robot's mission is complete, and the heroes have established a new peace on Spherus Magna. Revisiting the flailing loose ends the serials left would make the story worse, not better, and trying to introduce new conflict after that ending (as the serials almost did) would mostly serve to undermine that conclusion.. Old Bionicle is effectively a closed book. And for anyone who does want to revisit it or experience it for the first time, it's not going away. It's just not going to get any longer—it will be preserved and encapsulated, at least as much as such a sprawling story ever could be.

Rebooting the theme, on the other hand, allows an entirely new generation of kids to experience the magic and mystery of Bionicle. And for older fans like myself, it allows us to see a "take-two" of the theme—keeping the good aspects, throwing out the bad, and in general starting fresh with a new story about similar characters.

In any case, I don't quite understand the reality-show solution you're proposing. As for me, I'm going to stay put and enjoy the new Bionicle as it happens.

You... know this is a prank, right?

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)