Light Vines

I may be unsure, but I just read, I think Swamp of Secrets was it, and the Matoran told the Toa that the light vines would prevent a Makuta from entering. Or something to that effect. It was in that area where the Matoran were transforming into Bohrok.

Edit: From BS01

A Lightvine surrounded the Stalactite Village in which the free Av-Matoran resided. It was placed there in order to keep theMakuta away, as the vine's bright glow irritated them. Following the first battle between them and the Toa Nuva, the Makuta used Radiak to lure Pohatu and Photok away from the vine so they could ambush them.

edit:  "We just needed to get you away from that lightvine that rings your village. Its glow is... annoying."

— Makuta AntrozRealm of Fear

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I think it'd be like a very high-pitched noise to us. We could ignore it and push past, but we'd avoid it given a chance.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

1)Do lightvines on matoran villages protect them from the mukuta 

1a)If so what blocks the mukuta 

thanks 

1) To an extent 

2) Makuta don't like light, because they are beings of shadow. 

8. Is it especially harmful to a Makuta to be near lightvines? 

8) It's not fun -- like vampires and garlic

2. If Lightvines turn out to be toxic to any being devoted to Shadow, what's the point of surrounding the perimeter of a village with them, if the beings devoted to Shadow happen to have wings, like the Phantoka Makuta do, and can just fly over the vines? 

ANSWER: Because light radiates, PS. 

3. In Comic 11, Antroz said that he needed to draw Pohatu and Photok away from the Lightvine just because its glow was annoying.  However, Antroz was blind at this point, so how would he find the glow annoying? 

ANSWER: He can feel the effects of the glow, that's how.

• Upvote 2