Paranormal Stories and Sightings

JAG18

With Halloween fast approaching I thought it'd be fun to make a topic, where everyone could share their stories about their encounters with ghosts, ghouls, phantoms, poltergeists, shadow people, and any other weird paranormal things that might have happened to them.  One quick thing, lets keep this topic focused on just things related to ghosts and the like; if you want to talk about monsters, cryptozoology, or aliens you can start your own topic about those things.

Without further ado, my (admittedly, not very impressive) story:

One night, when I was nine or so and living in a different house, I was sitting in bed when my door suddenly closed itself.  Nobody was near it, the windows were closed, no strings attached, there was just a "swoosh" and in a second or two my door went from being wide open to being closed shut.  I didn't think much of it then, but sometime later I was walking (from somewhere) back to my room and the door was closed.  I left it open when I walked away, so I asked everyone in the house, "Who closed my door?"  "Who was in my room?"  The consensus was, nobody touched my door.

This is where it get's--weirdly enough--funny.  No matter how many ghost TV shows I watched in that room, no matter how big of a scaredy cat I was in those days, I never thought that anything strange (ghost strange anyhow) was going on.  I just propped my trash bin in front of the door and never gave it another thought...

So, anybody else got a story they want to share?

Edited by JAG18

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

With Halloween fast approaching I thought it'd be fun to make a topic, where everyone could share their stories about their encounters with ghosts, ghouls, phantoms, poltergeists, shadow people, and any other weird paranormal things that might have happened to them.  One quick thing, lets keep this topic focused on just things related to ghosts and the like; if you want to talk about monsters, cryptozoology, or aliens you can start your own topic about those things.

Without further ado, my (admittedly, not very impressive) story:

One night, when I was nine or so and living in a different house, I was sitting in bed when my door suddenly closed itself.  Nobody was near it, the windows were closed, no strings attached, there was just a "swoosh" and in a second or two my door went from being wide open to being closed shut.  I didn't think much of it then, but sometime later I was walking (from somewhere) back to my room and the door was closed.  I left it open when I walked away, so I asked everyone in the house, "Who closed my door?"  "Who was in my room?"  The consensus was, nobody touched my door.

This is where it get's--weirdly enough--funny.  No matter how many ghost TV shows I watched in that room, no matter how big of a scaredy cat I was in those days, I never thought that anything strange (ghost strange anyhow) was going on.  I just propped my trash bin in front of the door and never gave it another thought...

So, anybody else got a story they want to share?

This has happened to me too, mostly with the windows open, but it has happened with them closed. I think the answer to that can be wind or air pressure. What's really weird is when a closed door opens itself. That's happened to me, and it may be a ghost. It's even spookier when I'm home alone.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

*stuff*

This has happened to me too, mostly with the windows open, but it has happened with them closed. I think the answer to that can be wind or air pressure. What's really weird is when a closed door opens itself. That's happened to me, and it may be a ghost. It's even spookier when I'm home alone.

That's probably it; as I said it wasn't a very impressive story.  Could have been ghostly could have been completely normal.

Now I agree, having a closed door open by itself would definitely be really weird--especially if I was home alone.  

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Once I was brushing my teeth and the toilet paper began to unroll by itself.

I said, "cool," and kept brushing my teeth.

I need to give you an award for best reaction ever.

One time, I was walking into my dark room at midnight and I used my phone's flashlight to get to the bed. When I turned it on, something SLITHERED away from the light. It couldn't have been a snake or cat. It only happened once and this was a while ago. I have no idea if this will occur again.

mindeth the cobwebs

A while ago, while I was at work, I went into our clock in room to get into another room that was connected to it to assist one of my employees. When I went back into the clock in room to exit the building, the entrance door was locked. This may not sound like a big deal, except for the fact that it could only be locked on the inside unless someone had a key to lock it from the outside. And since I had the only key and the room was empty when I went into the other room, there was no one who could've locked it. Except it somehow became locked. 

To this day I don't know how that happened. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png