Vitruvian Robot Edit

The Cartographer

I'm not sure if a topic such as this is allowed, seeing as I don't own the rights to the original work which this piece is heavy based upon.  It is original in the sense that every element was created from scratch, but it is obviously inspired by Christian Faber's original Vitruvian Robot concept.  If the topic must be closed, please do so.

You'd be hard-pressed to stumble across a member of this forum who is not a fan of Faber and his awesome work.  That said, the reason I created this in the first place is because I wanted to display Faber's original design in my home.  The image he posted to his blog was great but would've required a custom frame, short of some undeserved retouching.  So instead of reworking the original image, I decided to recreate it from scratch, with some modifications.

I made some minor adjustments to the robot's proportions and symmetry, in order to abide by both the dimensions of Da Vinci's squared circle and the scale of the Vitruvian Man.  In light of these changes, I did my best to stick as close to the robot's original details as possible, and I'm fairly happy with the results.  I've since printed it and have it hung up in my room.  Now, I thought I'd share it with the community for some welcomed feedback and criticism.  I do hope you like it, though there's not much to it that you probably haven't already seen.  :P

I will say that I'm aware of the fact that compressing the robot's dimensions and scale pretty much goes against the accepted proportions of the true Mata-Nui robot.

I would like to give credit to Christian Faber, again, for his unmatched contributions to the Bionicle Universe.  Credit for the original concept is owed to him.  The original piece, along with other tidbits of awesomeness, can be found on his blog: Faber Files.

Vitruvian_Robot_Original.jpg

Click the thumbnail for a larger view.

I don't mind if anyone uses this for their own purposes, as long as credit is given where credit is due.

:j: :b:

• Upvote 4

Vitruvian_Sig_03.png

• 3 weeks later...