Journey to Netflix entry [Cosmic Destiny]

Crunchyn

The poster is very pleasing to look at, what are the techniques you used for this?

I used a lot of photo-bashing due to time constraints. Initially I had just a scribble of the Toa and the Mask of Creation atop basically a wall of rainbow to set the mood. Then using layer styles (overlay, soft light, color dodge, etc.) and clipping masks, I mesh photos that fits the visual narrative I was going for together cohesively into one image. I kept the rainbow wall as a overlay layer to bind all the different elements together. The Toa were the last elements I finished which I painted by hand.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Wow, this is awesome. Using those planets aligned in the background was an inspired idea for 2016. I feel like the big protector and skull masks in the background look somewhat photo-realistic and clash very slightly with the rest of the painted-style. However, I do realize you were pressed for time. The end result is really quite beautiful.

Am I seeing the "Matrix rain" in there? :P It's awesome.

Haha...I don't know what you're talking about  :guilty:

but yeah, it's supposed to symbolize the fall of Ekimu and his unconscious self reciting the Prophecy of Heroes to the Protectors so of course I immediately thought of the Matrix Rain and the cover of Mass Effect where Commander Shepard had the same effect.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

• 3 weeks later...

Great job on this entry! I loved it when I first saw it on Tumblr. The Toa feel really accurate to the sets while also being slightly stylized, and the overall composition with the masks and planets is very dramatic. Everything about this entry feels incredibly professional.