More Ghostbusters Firehouse Images Revealed

A little while ago, the official LEGO Twitter account shared some new images of the upcoming 75827 Firehouse Headquarters from Ghostbusters. They've also added the set to LEGO Shop@Home, so you can ogle at that ridiculous price tag. The set comes out in a little under two months - is it one you plan on saving up for?

View the full article

For $350, I probably pass on this set. Or as least wait until it goes on sale.

But I still think that it is a really cool set. The minifigs look great and the Firehouse looks well built. But there are others things I want over this, so I won't be getting it when it comes out.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

At first glance, it's a bit more simplistic than, say, the modular buildings are, but those really set the high bar in terms of urban building detail. I'd highly consider getting this if the price wasn't so ridiculously high—I get how licensing is, but this still comes across as a tad excessive.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

At first glance, it's a bit more simplistic than, say, the modular buildings are, but those really set the high bar in terms of urban building detail. I'd highly consider getting this if the price wasn't so ridiculously high—I get how licensing is, but this still comes across as a tad excessive.

I wouldn't even entirely attribute the cost to licensing. It's a 4634 piece set, so it's not surprising it costs $350. In fact, it's almost surprising it doesn't cost more, when you consider that the Temple of Airjitzu costs $200 for just 2028 pieces and the Death Star costs $400 for just 3803 pieces. That's right, this set costs $50 LESS than the Death Star for 831 MORE pieces!

• Upvote 1