Did the Makuta create Keetongu's species?

So thought of this a while ago and I really wonder did the Makuta create Keetongu's species?

As I believe the Makuta were tasked to create all the rahi for the Mata-Nui and for some reason Keetongu was made a rahi. So did a Makuta create his species as I can't think of any other being having the ability to create rahi except Artakha but he only tried once. 

So is it just me thinking to much into this or did they create his species? What's you guy's thoughts on it?

Onvermel :pakari:

• Upvote 1

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

In terms of people who can make Rahi, the Great Beings created some of the early Rahi too, like Mahvrah's ancient sea Rahi.  They also fiddled with the Blade Burrowers' coding even though they were made by Makuta (although the timeline on this is suspect given that Mata Nui's mission would be well underway at this point -- maybe Velika was to blame).  So conceivably it is possible that one of the Great Beings decided to make a race of intelligent healing Rahi.

Alternatively...

Keetongu's species comes from an island located in Mata Nui's left hip, which was under the jurisdiction of Makuta Chirox, who also controlled Visorak Island in Mata Nui's left hand (don't even get me started about how ridiculous that is, but obviously you have to take the map of the Matoran Universe with a 100 million foot tall grain of salt -- maybe he just teleported between the islands???).

Sorry, got off track there.

Keetongu and the Visorak both come from islands run by Chirox.  Presumably he would have been in charge of creating all the Rahi there (and we know he often worked with Mutran).  So if the Makuta did indeed create Keetongu's species, I think there are two likely possibilities:

A) Chirox and/or Mutran created Keetongu's species as a fail-safe for their Visorak experiments.

B) One of the benevolent Makuta prior to Miserix's downfall found out what Chirox and Mutran were doing and created Keetongu's species in an effort to stop them.

In writing this, I actually got a tangentially related theory, but I'll post it in another topic so as to not hijack this one.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

Most likely yes. Most Rahi were created by the Makuta, so it's reasonable to assume they created Keetongu's species as well. Most likely before Teridax's coup. While you had your mad scientists like Chirox or Mutran, most Makuta at the time created rahi to serve a specific purpose or to balance an ecosystem. I don't think universal conquest was on their minds when the fikkou and mahi were made.

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

Keetongu and the Visorak both come from islands run by Chirox.  Presumably he would have been in charge of creating all the Rahi there (and we know he often worked with Mutran).  So if the Makuta did indeed create Keetongu's species, I think there are two likely possibilities:

A) Chirox and/or Mutran created Keetongu's species as a fail-safe for their Visorak experiments.

I like this theory very much.

And besides, if I am not mistaken, there are plenty of other intelligent Rahi.

That one species of tool wielding minotaurs  come to mind...

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

It would bring an interesting sense of irony to Keetongu's role-his race, or at least him as an individual, retaining the honor that his creators abandoned.

I get the feeling that Keetongu may have been unusual among members of his species, given that the rest of them were wiped out and the Visorak still feared him afterwards; unless the other members of his species were just the toughest challenge they ever faced, it doesn't seem like a solitary member would evoke that much fear. Apart from the Visorak connection, I could see them being a means of "taming" the Tahtorak, i.e. being the only ones who could ride them due to mutual respect rather than being forced to carry Skakdi or transporting Toa out of convenience.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge