• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

RED_GRADE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,876 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2017 - 05:02 PM

/x

31941149810_ccac9eaac3.jpg

31485847204_81ce793295_m.jpg / 32327887665_cf7b255634_m.jpg

click thumbnails for larger, higher res images

/

A bit of Evangelion inspiration, I guess – just a weird robot thing

My entry to the March 2017 BZP flickr contest – good luck to the other contestants

My flickr is here

My experience with graffiti was critical to my success in creating an army of murderous seagulls.

feelin crabby?

#2 Offline The Invisible Handman

The Invisible Handman
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-March 05
  • 2,327 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2017 - 03:35 AM

He looks weird but I like it for that. It looks very much like a mecha. The combination of colours is unique and his style of build is very mechanical. You could give him a single cyclopean eye if you wanted, honestly I think he looks better without eyes. I also feel like he needs weapons. That said in the end this is a really cool looking build and I'm sure you will do well in the contest.

Edited by The Invisible Noob, Mar 22 2017 - 03:36 AM.

#3 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,876 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 23 2017 - 05:53 PM

He looks weird but I like it for that. It looks very much like a mecha. The combination of colours is unique and his style of build is very mechanical. You could give him a single cyclopean eye if you wanted, honestly I think he looks better without eyes. I also feel like he needs weapons. That said in the end this is a really cool looking build and I'm sure you will do well in the contest.

Thank you! The mech vibe was intended, I don't think of this build as a sentient Toa-esque character. Regarding the lack of weapons, it's obviously up for interpretation, but I intended the shoulder tubes as some kinda guided missile or mortar launchers? Go figure. :P

My experience with graffiti was critical to my success in creating an army of murderous seagulls.

feelin crabby?

#4 Offline The Invisible Handman

The Invisible Handman
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-March 05
  • 2,327 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 24 2017 - 04:02 AM

Oh they do, but the fact still remains that his hands look kinda empty, and he doesn't have the bar knuckle brawler or walking mortar type look. That might just be my personal taste though.

#5 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,876 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 25 2017 - 02:52 PM

Oh they do, but the fact still remains that his hands look kinda empty, and he doesn't have the bar knuckle brawler or walking mortar type look. That might just be my personal taste though.

To be fair, though, how's this look? ;) 

feelin crabby?

#6 Offline Ganto

Ganto
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 16-March 11
  • 1,421 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2017 - 09:43 PM

Wow. I mean just wow. This is the first time in a long time that I've taken time to comment. I absolutely love this MOC. The legs, the color scheme, how clean and crisp it looks. Absolutely fantastic job.

ad_kong_gant.png Ganto, coming soon

Corpus Rahkshi characters:

cuutuk_head.pngCuutuk

krieveks_head.pngKrieveks

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users