Takanuva's color choice.

Takanuinuva

I've always wondered why Takanuva's colors in 2003 were white and gold. Why white for the Toa of light. Wouldn't yellow made more sense and would have stood out more against Kopaka?

Was it cause White and Gold contrasted against Makuta's Black and Red?

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

White typically represents purity, forces of good, justice, and sometimes absence. In this case, the absence of shadows and in this instance, Takua's self-doubt.

Gold is reflective and shiny, and also shows wealth, power, and grandness, obviously used to express Takanuva's control over light and importance as the "Seventh Toa."

I'm sure you can find lots of information on color symbolism just by looking it up.

It also looks pretty cool. 

Speaking of... have any of you also noticed that Takua is canonically red, blue, and yellow? As in the primary colors, almost as a nod to the fact that he was a Matoran of Light? Not that Lego thought that far ahead, though...

EDIT: "Subsequently" to "in this instance" because I forgot what that word meant.

Edited by Inary the Gunhaver
  • Upvote 3

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Speaking of... have any of you also noticed that Takua is canonically red, blue, and yellow? As in the primary colors, almost as a nod to the fact that he was a Matoran of Light? Not that Lego thought that far ahead, though...

Sorry to be that guy, but the primary colors of light are red, blue, and green - add lights of those colors together and you get a white light. Red, blue, and yellow (or, more specifically magenta, cyan, and yellow) are subtractive primary colors, used for inks and dyes - paint with those three colors and you'll get black.

To unruin this theory a bit, I could imagine this symbolizing the light trapped inside Takua - radiant inside, but all he or anyone else sees is the black...

Or maybe he was just always different.

• Upvote 1

IrMSNn3.png

Sorry to be that guy, but the primary colors of light are red, blue, and green - add lights of those colors together and you get a white light. Red, blue, and yellow (or, more specifically magenta, cyan, and yellow) are subtractive primary colors, used for inks and dyes - paint with those three colors and you'll get black.

To unruin this theory a bit, I could imagine this symbolizing the light trapped inside Takua - radiant inside, but all he or anyone else sees is the black...

Or maybe he was just always different.

You are misinterpreting what I'm saying. I mean, that his colors are like a rainbow, and that all colors can be made with those three colors. Sure, white light its green, blue, and red, but light can also just be represented by the rainbow.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

It's probably because of the standard "white vs. black is light vs. dark" trope.  I don't think they ran much of a risk of confusing him with Kopaka, either, because his color scheme was all-white with gold armor rather than white and gray with silver armor, plus the last Kopaka set was two waves before him.

OpAXNpl.jpg