Toa Tahu Mata Pencil Drawing

SolitaryHyena

well, i finally made this, took me a while to make this, and plus to scan this. >.< Well overall, it's also a good picture, just as good as my Lewa drawing. I think tahu turned out to look like he has short legs, and the backround isn't as good, well cuz i didn't know how to make a rocky wall that good, or a lava fall. But foreground seems okay to me. :)Here's how my drawing turned out with some help from photo.net:http://s459.photobuc...t=tahujpg-1.jpgAll opinions are accepted. :)Edit1: Well, i meant to shade the rocks like that, because the pool behind Tahu is made of lava, and is usually gives off some bright light . But it is kinda hard to distinguish so i should probably work on lighting too.Edit2:Dead topic here...:( I barely got any feedback on this drawing....(2/20/12)

Edited by Kv195

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

Great job!You've got a lot of great detail going for you!The number one thing I noticed, was a problem with perspective and shading. It's hard to tell which way Tahu is facing, since different portions of his body seem to face different directions. Always take extra care to make sure that your shading and perspective agree with each other. :PAnother thins, is that it's hard to distinguish Tahu from the wall, since they use the same method of texturing. Maybe have a little more contrast between the background and the subject for your future works.Can't wait to see more from you!As a side note, you may want to use this to link to your pic. It links directly to the pic, instead of photobucket.

Edited by Eeko
jlovfkk.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think i'm going to try to draw the mata my own style now instea of the set forms, I tried it with Kopaka, it turned out well not good ,but im still expirmenting with it. I just want to make more simple parts, yet still have a mechanicle feel to it, and it's set style feel to it. Well, looks like this might be a long journey lol.Edit:Whoops did i just revive this topic? Am i allowed to since im the owner of this topic? :s

Edited by Kv195

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

Wow. It's one thing to make a good drawing, it's another to make a good drawing WITH PEN AND A BACKGROUND and NOT have it look like a mess! If I had to find ONE flaw, it would be the mask seems a bit deformed in the back. Counting that flaw, 9.9/10. (And I don't even think that flaw is worth counting.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I think i'm going to try to draw the mata my own style now instea of the set forms, I tried it with Kopaka, it turned out well not good ,but im still expirmenting with it. I just want to make more simple parts, yet still have a mechanicle feel to it, and it's set style feel to it. Well, looks like this might be a long journey lol.Edit:Whoops did i just revive this topic? Am i allowed to since im the owner of this topic? :s

Sorry, but yes that was revival, and since it's not a collection topic it's against the rules. After you draw the new art, post it as a new topic. :)Topic closed.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)