Rpg: The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Destiny

Blessed Blade

OOC: Alright, I'm slightly late to the party. Sue me or something.Username: The Shadows Out of TimeCharacter Name: Adskhan Yassassin (I put Garo into Google Translate on "Detect Language" and the suggested language was Turkish, so I went with a Turkish name meaning "Knight". The surname is a combination of a pun on assassin, a Turkish word meaning "Long live", and a wink and a nod to Mr. David Robert Jones.)Gender: MaleAge: 28Race: GaroDefault Equipment: Katana and Wakizashi (What the bugger does "L1" mean in the context of a game like this? This isn't a tabletop RPG, levels have no real meaning, as far as I can see. It should be the player's skill that does the fancy stuff.)Bio: The Garo are a nomadic tribe who value skill with the sword very highly, and many of the young men and women of their tribe are trained extensively in their chosen sword-fighting style, with the pairing of the Katana and Wakizashi being a popular one. In Termina's past, the Garo were frequently hired as spies, assassins or soldiers by various warring nations - indeed, the best known group of Garo were those hired by a rival nation to spy on the kingdom of Ikana, and who died under mysterious circumstances while performing this duty, leaving their spirits to haunt Ikana Valley for centuries.In modern times, the Garo retain their nomadic quality and near-obsession with swordsmanship, but are less frequently employed as mercenaries, finding most of their employment fending off bandits from remote settlements in the eastern desert, or, for the right price, taking up banditry themselves. Unlike the ghosts of Ikana Valley, living Garo have neither control over nor any particular affinity with fire, and the fanatical obsession with destroying their remains upon a fatal defeat is missing as well, though the knack for striking without warning and, if they want to, disappearing just as quickly, remains.In many ways, Adskhan is a fairly typical young man of the Garo tribe - he, like many others, has trained in the use of the paired katana and wakizashi, and, nearing the end of his third decade of life, has elected to undertake a solo pilgrimage throughout Termina, journeying through the whole of the land to experience a reasonable amount of what Termina has to offer a traveler. While stopping in the remains of Clock Town, he happened upon an entrance to the mysterious Catacombs beneath the Town, and, venturing forth, soon found himself in a strange place that, after some wandering, seemed to deposit him in an unfamiliar forest. Continuing his journey after a few unsuccessful attempts to find a path through the woods, Adskhan soon found that he was no longer in any area recognized as part of Termina - he had, inexplicably, come to Hyrule.Unlike some of the more reflective, almost philosophical members of his tribe, Adskhan is something of a pugilist by nature, and will pick a fight with anything that looks capable of meeting the challenge. Like many Garo, he sees the nonlethal defeat of an opponent as proof of honor and skill, and so he makes something of a point of disarming those he fights. If the enemy is worthy, he will return their weapon upon surrender, but if they displease him (or if he is in a fickle mood), he may make rather a big deal of disappearing with their weapon, forcing them to chase him down to retrieve it.Faction: Neutral, quite thoroughly.Character Description: The robes Adskhan wears are similar to those of the ghosts haunting Ikana Valley, except that the shape of his are indicative less of a nearly-formless thing hiding in the robes and more of a human (or at least human-shaped person) wearing them as clothing. The robes extend down to just above his ankles, are the familiar drab grayish-brown, and thoroughly conceal his features. Underneath the robes, Adskhan wears a simple white tunic and knee-length breeches, with burlap wrappings on his lower legs and a pair of dark brown, very durable boots. Should he ever reveal his face, either by choice or accident, he appears basically human, with his skin bearing the dark pigmentation befitting a desert tribe, very sharply angular features, pale blue-green eyes, pencil-thin eyebrows, and black hair hanging in a queue down to his waist.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "Alright then, our next destination is Zora's domain. Our meeting with our potential supplier is in three days. If we travel through the night, we should be able to make it there. Then we can take some time to prepare."Darren was not really listening. He had no reason to as he was not the business type. He let Dankaro take care of his business. All he cared was that he got his money."If we continue our pace we should reach Kakariko in..."Darren lept in front of the Deku Scrub as a Red Tektite sprang out and tried to attack Dankaro. With a massive punch, the goron smashed the monster into the side of the mountain."We must be more careful, monsters still populate this mountain.""Yes... of course..." he said slightly shocked.Well this is what I am paying him for Dankaro thought to himself.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

OOC: I did a couple banners for this, probably since I've had free time and I haven't touched GIMP in about two weeks. :P The only real differences between them are the text "Text-Based RPG" being in the first one and not the second, anyways here you go:Banner 1 (With Text):

[url="http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=2723&st=0"][img=http://www.majhost.com/gallery/supermario546/Zelda/lozood-a.jpg][/url]
Banner 2 (Without Text):
[url="http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=2723&st=0"][img=http://www.majhost.com/gallery/supermario546/Zelda/lozood-b.jpg][/url]
Also, both have a filesize of around 45 KB, so they still leave 55 KB of room for your Avatar/other sig pics. IC: Siris, Hyrule CastleSiris had been careful about his wording when asking about the artist of the pictures, because he somewhat suspected that Zelda was the artist. The princes lives in this beautiful castle, but she can't even draw a Zora? Siris noticed that Zelda had a piece of paper and a pencil, and he was also glad that she seemed to be writing instead of drawing this time.

OOC: Rover, you're approved. =) You bring up a good point about the level swords, too... Yeah, maybe it might be a better idea if everyone just describes which kind of swords they were. xD That way there could still be more powerful swords, but they're more powerful weapons because they're the legendary swords. =P But yeah. Don't honestly know exactly what I was thinking when I randomly introduced them. Ah well. =PTerminus: That banner is awesome. =D I'm going to use it, and put it into the first post. =)-==IC: Zelda//Hyrule Castle==-Zelda did appear to be writing things; however, appearances could be deceiving."Right, so, down to business. The reason I called you here, is this..." Zelda said, and then held up one of the sheets of paper she had been 'writing' on, and an army of stick figure-like characters could be seen. One had nothing different, and the other side had an 'aura' of sorts, scribbled around the people."This is what might happen to Hyrule. The Army of Darkness, a group that more or less consists of Ganondorf's old minions, are trying to gather members. I fear that they might try and conquer or destroy Hyrule, once they get a powerful enough force." Zelda explained, as Orion stared blankly at the picture. However, she wasn't done, and showed that there were apparently coloured pens in Hyrule, as she held up the second sheet of paper; a stick figure rendition of Link."This is the 'Hero of Oracles'... Link. He has gone missing. He was last seen heading out on a journey to the lands that he had visited, however, I do not know where it was that he disappeared." Zelda said with a frown, and paused for a moment, even though there was still other things to explain.OOC: =P/EDIT: Blah, this is why you don't post the moment you get up. Sorry Terminus. >_^

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

IC: Siris, Hyrule CastleSiris resisted the urge to facepalm himself, as he thought that sick figures were the only type of drawing that he thought couldn't go bad. Siris thought to himself: I can't believe that the princess draws stick figures that bad. The Hylian alphabet is even tougher... I'd hate to see her handwriting! However, he thought about what the Princess had said, more to take his mind off the drawings than anything else. Link, gone? He had heard a lot about Link's adventures, and how he had saved Hyrule... Even when Link was gone, there was still news about him... "Princess, does our being here today have anything to do with the disappearance of Link and The Army of Darkness?" Siris was surprised at all this information, because it didn't seem like a job for raw recruits... On the other hand, this would be the chance to go to places he'd dreamed of going for all his life, so he was also quite excited.

-==IC: Zelda//Hyrule Castle==-Zelda nodded."Yes, it is indeed. However, there is some more that also ties into this... Have you ever heard of the tales of the Oracle of Destiny?" Zelda asked, though that question was directed more to everyone in the room.

-==IC: Zelda//Hyrule Castle==-Zelda nodded."Well... You've heard of the incidents that occurred in Labrynna and Holodrum, correct?" Zelda asked, as she wanted to make sure that the people knew of that first of all, and Orion nodded, but Zelda still waited for at least Siris, although she figured that the other one, the Zora, would likely need to be filled in on what had happened.

-==IC: Zelda//Hyrule Castle==-Zelda nodded with a chuckle."Well, it hasn't been that long since it happened anyway, so that makes sense." Zelda said, and thought for a moment."Here's a quick explanation... There are three Oracles... One of 'Ages', one of 'Seasons'... And as I just mentioned, the Oracle of 'Destiny'. We found the Oracles of Seasons and Ages, however, before the two could be brought back from both Holodrum and Labrynna, they had been captured by minions of Ganon. Link successfully rescued them, however, the reason they were captured had been revealed: To revive Ganon. Nonetheless, Link still defeated the King of Thieves, and that is why the lands are safe. However..." Zelda said, and paused for a moment."Now Link's missing... The minions of Ganondorf are gathering again... And there have been rumours about sightings of the Oracle of Destiny." Zelda said, a grim frown on her face now.

IC: William///Forest Temple room fourWilliam walked into the room unsure of what he might find, then he saw three of those plant guys he saw earlier. "Defeat us, and you shall get what you desire to continue." They all quickly ran away to hide leaving William only to say "Waiit!!" ...There was a silence. William looked around. He was in a similar room to the one nearby, but the door to the next room was blocked off by a few things. He thought he heard something behind the blocks too... was that.. howling? William started pulling the blocks back. And with some effort, they budged. Revealing a very nasty looking Wolfos! It pounced on William, attacking him a few times.. But William got up and smacked him with his sword. (Which he had pulled out when he saw it) The Wolfos was knocked back, and it was stunned for a moment, but got back up quickly, but William pulled his shield before it could pounce on him again, then did a shield bash to knock it off. Then he slashed it a few times while it was down. The wolfos swept William's legs in a last ditch effort, but William kicked it, then thrusted at it with his sword, the thing disappeared into a puff of smoke. And the door behind it, which was locked, opened up. William rested... longer this time... the wounds and all this swordplay were getting to him. He ate a little from his food too. Later, he got up and went into the next room...OOC: Okay.. that's a little weird.. Did I just hear something howling in real life? ~PowerMiner~

Edited by PowerMiner

IC: Tobias / Castle TownTobias made his way through Castle Town, keeping to the shadows. He didn't like going out into public very often, preferring to keep the company of his trinkets in his little office. Still, he liked getting paid, and if going into public meant getting paid, Tobias would be out there everyday.... Well, he often is anyways, but he didn't like the big crowds. With a jolly whistle to himself, despite his grim task, Tobias left to the south, on his way to the house of Link's Uncle.~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

-==IC: Forest Temple==-As William walked through the door, the door suddenly closed, and iron bars then covered it. In front of him, stood a seemingly innocent-looking statue, and a similarly locked door on the other end of the room.

IC(Adskhan): It had been three days since the Garo had managed to extricate himself from the confusing tangle he had found himself in after he had ventured into the tunnels that lay hidden beneath Clock Town, and, though he had struck upon a clear path through a more navigable stretch of forest, he was no less lost than he had been upon his first emergence from the Catacombs.The heart of the problem, of course, lay in the sheer impossibility of what he had done - he had heard of a device that could turn the sky on its head and send the ground above, and of a mask that was once used to call the moon itself down to Termina, but those, though much grander absurdities, were at least within the realm of reason - a trick of the eye or the mind could make the world appear upside-down, and the moon, being a solid mass, could be induced to fall, but it was plain insanity to suggest that one could journey underground, only to find themselves, without any distinct upwards motion, standing in a forest at high noon, blinking in the sunlight.Resolving to discover the means by which this was achieved if ever the opportunity to do so found him, Adskhan had spent the space of four days in great frustration, always walking in a different direction yet always, somehow, finding his way to the same clearing in the forest. Finally, frustrated to no end with the madness of these woods, he had climbed a tree, navigating his way through the woods from the treetops.It was three days since that frustrating incident, and Adskhan had seated himself on a boulder nestled in the middle of a clearing in what natives of Hyrule knew to be the Faron Woods, contemplating the mad turn of events that had brought him here, and trying to decide on his next course of action.OOC: He's in the game now, so whatever happens - run in with somebody's character, Bokoblins, etc. - happens.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

-==IC: ?/Faron Woods==-Interestingly enough, Adskhan might just have had something else to think about; as if he looked up, he would notice a pointy eared girl with sandy brown hair and a very light green tunic. The girl noticed the Garo, and blinked, as she stepped toward Adskhan slowly, intrigued."Hello?" The girl asked, as she wasn't sure who he was; as being out in the middle of the Faron Woods was certainly not something normal.

OOC: An Armos I'm assuming.. =PIs there some reason I'm not on the profiles list?IC: William///Forest Temple room five"Uh oh." William said, worried. He looked around. His compass (Which seemed magical) suggested that one of the Deku Scrub's should be in here. But he wasn't sure where. That statue in the middle of the room creeped him out a bit. He approached it, and touched it's face. Suddenly, it sprung to life and started chasing towards him. "Yikes!" He ran away, trying to figure what the creature was. He circled around so that he could see the entiriety of the figure. The back looked almost.. wooden... Or rusted.. He let it get near to him, then did a jump attack on its front. No effect. The statue grabbed William, and threw him into the wall, while he was getting up. "Ow... I don't know if my shield is gonna last much longer like this... "The back.. he thought." He let it get near him again, jumped aside, then turned around and smacked it's back. It appeared to take damage, but it did not do much other then stun it at the moment."Ah Nuts.."~PowerMiner~

Edited by PowerMiner

OOC: *Whistles innocently*-==IC: Armos?//Forest Temple==-That might have been a bad idea. As the statue then shook, and a pair of arms seemed to appear from the stone, which shattered. Then the statue hovered in the air, as a pair of legs appeared, and it grabbed a sword from it's back, and turned to face William.It was pretty obvious by now that the 'Armos', was actually, a Darknut that had been covered in stone somehow.

IC(Adskhan): The Garo's head whipped around as he turned to look at the girl, very nearly jumping off of the boulder as he did so. It wasn't visible under his hood, but the Garo was looking the girl over, checking for weapons. Deciding that she wasn't a threat, he moved his hands away from his swords, and stood, bowing slightly to the girl as he did so."Who are you?" The voice sounded rusty from several days of disuse, but the distrust and confusion were still quite apparent.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-"My name is Kreena." The girl said with a nod and smile."What are you doing here in the woods? It's not often that people are seen around here, even though I've noticed a strange influx of people traveling through here recently for some reason." Kreena asked and rambled at the same time, and then paused."Oh, right, who are you, as well?" Kreena asked, as she recalled that he hadn't introduced himself.

OOC: Okay that was not obvious to me.. =PIC: William/// Forest Temple room five"Aww nuts."William quickly did a shield bash quickly when the darknut slashed at him with it's sword, knocking it off balance for a short time, and he slashed it a few times, but the darknut quickly regained it-self and did a shield bash, a very powerful one at that, which caused william to drop his shield. "Aww.. Darknuts.." He drewback before it could attack him again, and observed his oponent. Mostly he observed the weak point on his back. He slashed it, but what happened...OOC: Your move, Darknut..

OOC: Yeah, my fault technically, I was going for something like the axe wielders from Ocarina in description, but obviously Armos is the first thing everyone thinks of when you say statue(Even I did), so I don't blame you for thinking it was an Armos. In fact, I was fully prepared to continue with that before I remembered I was trying for something else. =PAs for the player list, I think it might've been the whole age thing; Korkoa might've thought it wasn't approved until I found that out, when I was honestly just curious. =P So just a simple misunderstanding, I was gonna PM him about that when he got on today. =)-==IC: Darknut//Forest Temple==-The Darknut stumbled forward, but then straightened up, as the rest of the stone fell off. The Darknut shook it's head, and then whirled around quickly, and then attempted to swing it's sword at William quickly.

William quickly did a shield bash quickly

OOC: From Department of Redundancy #49.IC(Adskhan): The Garo cleared his throat and nodded, the hood of his robe bobbing up and down slightly."Then it is an honor to meet you, Kreena. I am Adskhan Yassassin, of the Garo tribe. I was exploring a series of tunnels beneath the old Clock Town when, to my own great surprise, I found myself in this forest, in a pathless area that I only extricated myself from with great difficulty. Tell me, where in Termina is this place?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-Kreena looked at Adskhan curiously."Termina? This is Hyrule... The Faron Woods, to be precise." Kreena said, and thought for a moment, as she tried to recall where Termina was said to be, and then smiled."I believe that the entrance to Termina is somewhere around here, in an area known as the Lost Woods." Kreena explained, and frowned slightly."However... Recently there's been a lot of monsters gathering around the Lost Woods for some reason." Kreena stated, and then smiled."Might not be a problem to you, however, if you came from Termina." Kreena said, and nodded, and then looked at Adskhan curiously."What is Termina like, anyway?" Kreena asked, as she had never actually ventured there yet.

IC: Tobias / Hyrule FieldTobias made his way out the gates, into the vast field. He stretched his arms, a big smile on his face. He always loved the clear air of the field. He spotted his destination, a hill in the distance, upon which sat a single house. "Pretty odd to have the house in the middle of nowhere, but whatever..." Tobias said, making his trek towards the house.~Det

IC(Adskhan): "Termina is a great land. I know the most about the great western desert, where my tribe makes their home, but as of late I have endeavored to travel across the whole of Termina. I came first to the vast swamp in the south of Termina, a land filled with a great multitude of unpleasant insects. From there I journeyed north to Ikana Canyon, a rocky, forbidding place, where I paid my respects to the spirits of a great many members of my tribe who had met their death in that place. When I continued my journey, it was to the north, where I spent some time among the Gorons before I made an attempt to climb the peak of Snowhead. Storms drove me back from that place before I could achieve that goal, and I came down from the mountains to the village built in the crater where Clock Town once stood, where I gathered supplies and prepared to head for the coast. Before I could leave for the coast and complete my journey, my eye was drawn to what appeared to be the entrance to a network of tunnels. I descended below the earth, coming upon a place with no association with any sane architect - after wandering through the catacombs for some days, I emerged in the forest - and if they are the Lost Woods you speak of, the name is apt."In truth, he had simplified the tale of his journey through Termina somewhat - all told, it had been a year since he had departed from his home in the desert, and he had spent several months exploring each region of Termina.As he explained his journey, a thought occurred to him. After he came to the point of his arrival in the forest, he gave himself a moment to pause, then returned fire with a question of his own."Am I to understand, then, that I have come to a wholly different world?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-Kreena listened to the Garo's story, and then nodded when he asked the question."It always seems that way, from stories told by others. Whether it's actually true or not, however, no-one really knows." Kreena explained with a smile.-==IC: Link's Uncle//House On The Hill==-Link's uncle was sitting on his chair at the moment, reading a book, as he frowned, and scratched his head."Huh. I just got the oddest sense of deja vu. I wonder why?" He mused, before he shrugged, and went back to his book.OOC: =P

OOC: Typos of Redundancy.. -.-IC: William/// Forest Temple room fiveWilliam ducked just in time, but a small strand of his hair was cut off.. The Darknut tried a forward slash, but he ducked to the side, dodging it, and while the Darknut was pulling it's sword out, William ducked around and was just about to hit it when it pulled it's sword free and...OOC: Darknut's turn.~PowerMiner~

IC(Adskhan): "Well, judging from the fact that I am now here and not there, I think it's safe to say that the old stories have been confirmed."After a brief pause, the Garo continued the pattern of question-answer-question."So, what are you doing in these woods?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Well, he DOES have a tendency to not stay dead xDIC: Tobias / House on the HillTobias made his way up the hill, coming to the house. Even though this was an assassination mission, he knew he also had to extract information, though there was something about this entire thing that was fishy. Nevertheless, he figured he should at least look somewhat dignified. "Here we go," Tobias said with a deep breath. Straightening himself out, he knocked on the door and waited for his target.~Det

OOC: He's as bad as a centurion. :rolleyes:*Looks at post rank title* xD I launched Lehvak-Kal. =P-==IC: Link's Uncle//House On The Hill==-Link's uncle looked up, puzzled."Who could that be?" He mused, as he stood up, and walked to the door quickly, and then opened it."Hello." He said, not cautiously at all, surprising for someone who died once only two or so years earlier.OOC: =P-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-"I was investigating those monsters I was telling you about. They seem to be around a lot near here and the Lost Woods... But I don't know why." Kreena said with a frown, as she shrugged."It's almost as if they're gathering for some reason..."-==IC: Darknut//Forest Temple==-The Darknut was not prepared for that either, as he roared out in pain, and stumbled around, and then collapsed to the ground, his foot twitching. Obviously the arrow hadn't just stopped at the eye.

OOC: William must be an exceptional shot to put an arrow through the narrow slit in a Darknut's helmet in the middle of a fight.IC(Adskhan): "Then perhaps the investigation should continue. Apart from my exploration of Termina, my main interest is in the art of swordplay - if we come across these monsters, I may have the opportunity to test my craft."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Yeah, I'm thinking part of the helmet might have gotten chipped or so... Parts of the armour came off when the stone was broken, don't ask me how that works, it probably works the same way most things like that work in the series. =P-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-Kreena nodded, with a smile."That might be good." Kreena said, and then frowned, as she heard a rustling in the bushes nearby."Did you hear that?" Kreena asked Adskhan, as she looked around to see what might have made the noise.

IC: Tobias / House On The HillTobias was somewhat taken aback by how Link's Uncle had apparently completely thrown caution to the wind. Especially since Tobias wasn't exactly dressed the way someone trustworthy would dress. But still, he had a mission to go through with. "My name is Tobias. I take it you must be the Uncle of Link?" Tobias extended his hand to Link's Uncle, offering a handshake.~Det

IC: William/// Forest Temple room five. Assuming it to be vanquished, he took it's armor and weapons and piled them into the corner, where they disappeared into puffs of smoke, strangely. He told it: "Surrender or Die, beast....."OOC: I don't really like making William kill things.. but it's the way the Zelda series rolls.. so... ~PowerMiner~

Edited by PowerMiner

-==IC: Darknut//Forest Temple==-The Darknut didn't answer, as it exploded into a puff of smoke as well not long after. Again, that arrow had obviously gone farther into the Darknut's head than anticipated. After that, the doors were unblocked.-==IC: Link's Uncle//Little House On The Prairie==-The uncle nodded, and shook Tobias' hand, as a shock of power ran through Tobias."Yes, I am." Link's uncle said, though seemed intrigued by Tobias."What can I do for you?" He asked, curious.

IC: Tobias / House on the Hill"It's about your nephew," Tobias said, examining the uncle. While he seemed old, there was still an aura of power to him, he WAS a former knight of Hyrule, after all. "I'm trying to gather as much information as I can about his potential whereabouts. Is there anything you can tell me about him?"~Det

IC: William///Forest Temple room five "Woohoo!" I can advance again!"Suddenly another treasure chest appeared, seemingly from no-where. "Yes! My efforts have been worth it!"He opened the chest, only to find... One of the Deku Scrubs! He quickly vanquished it, and it disappeared into a puff of smoke and popped up some sort of key-part... He then moved into the next room...~PowerMiner~

-==IC: Link's Uncle//House Near CastleLink's uncle frowned, as he thought for a moment, and shook his head."No, I'm sorry, I have not heard of anything from him since about two years ago, after that whole Dark World incident." Link's uncle said, as he examined Tobias a little."So, what do you do for a living, anything?" He asked, curiously. He knew his equipment was nearby if he really needed it... And since there was likely only one reason someone would want to know about Link's current location...

Edited by Fullbringer Blade