Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

RPG Pokémon

  • Please log in to reply
10655 replies to this topic

#6961 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:53 AM

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan frowned grimly at Shannon's question, as he shook his head at the destruction, beginning to clench his fists. However, before he could dwell on things too much, Ryan looked over at Shannon in surprise, as she gasped, and noticed the shake of her hand. "You need attention." Ryan said, as he knew from previous experience when someone was trying to hide an injury, to prevent people from worrying about them, and forcing them to the sidelines.

"Come on, we're headed to the Pokemon Center." Ryan's tone indicated that he wasn't meaning that in the sense that there was an option; especially given the state of Shannon's shoulder. He wasn't just about to sit back and leave her out in the open, either, what with her fumbling for her Pokeball... He was all for her fighting; just not in this condition. If she even wants to fight. Ryan reminded himself, as she seemed so intent on not fighting at all, especially against Hannah.

Edited by An/A Blade, Feb 26 2015 - 02:54 AM.

  • 0

#6962 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 06:35 AM

IC: Amelia Zann (outside Olivine Garden)
Amelia nodded in response to Madison, reaching into an bag pocket for a particular Pokéball, when at once, three things happened: Amelia registered the extent of Shannon's injuries, Zach and Ryan released their Pokémon, and the first of a horde of opposing Pokémon and their Team Rocket Trainers began to descend from the skies. Amelia's reaction to the shift in events was immediate, if illogical...

...she smirked.

"Amateurs," she muttered, tracking a Fletchinder-Mantyke duo descending towards Willows. The spy sensed rather than saw Sina tensing up in preparation to follow her Trainer's earlier orders, but at the last moment she called out an alternate command:

"Beat Up!"

Sina began to glow slightly, a dark aura surrounding her while three more emerged from her Trainer's bag, coalescing into the forms of Pokémon before charging forth alongside the Sneasel that had summoned them. First Sina struck, followed by the shades of Harvey and Van. The Mantyke was staggered, its attack interrupted by the blows of the dark duplicates--but the Fletchinder still flew, the Acrobatic Ember Pokémon unfazed and intent on eliminating its weakened quarry--

--and in that moment, the fourth shadow shot forth, intercepted and joined in midair by a diving, Drill Pecking violet-black blur from above. More distracted than diverted, the twin attacks were just enough to send their target off-course, its aerial Acrobatics just barely enough to keep it from crashing into the pavement. Amelia's grin only grew.

"How nice of you to join us, Crowe. How about giving us a nice Tailwind to keep up the momentum?"

Crowe cawed, then began flapping her fuchsia-feathered wings in compliance. As she watched her Pokémon in smug satisfaction, Amelia spotted a particularly wealthy-looking Rocket agent descend from the skies, clinging to a Protect-projecting Sigilyph. Amelia mentally swore in disappointment. If only I could've shown these rubes how we hit against that sucker, she complained to herself. She watched the agent signal, summoning the two Pokémon who had attacked Shannon, and saw her slip at least one a shimmering gem of lustrous lavender. Smart, the spy grudgingly admitted, before considering her options. "Sorry, Madison," she said grudgingly, "much as I hate it, Dack's gotta wait."

Amelia directed Crowe and Sina to form a defensive circle around Shannon Willows, working in tandem with the Tyranitaur and Furret already in place. "Sina--" she began, but the Sneasel had already anticipated the command to Hone her Claws while she waited for the enemy Trainer's next move. Even as she nodded in approval, Amelia scowled that the Rock-type in this equation wasn't her own. Where in heck is Harvey when you need him? If that lousy lizard doesn't show his face soon, the two of us are going to have to have a talk. Still, she had sent him on an important mission, and if she had to admit it, she was far more concerned with its outcome than the results of her current battle...

IC: Harvey (Larvitar; T:Amelia Zann)
Harvey had not coped well with the cold. Much as he wished other wise, the cold did bother him--and anyway, why was it snowing in the middle of summer?

So occupied was he with his questions that he didn't register the sound of several Thunderbolts streaking from the skies until it was almost too late. At the last moment, the Larvitar looked up, giving himself just enough time to brace himself--

Impact. The electricity itself didn't really hurt--as a Ground-type, he ate attacks like this for breakfast. The launch, however--that was another matter. The lime green lizard hit the ground hard and skidded to a stop, shattering the surface of the pavement even more than the lightning strike already had. Slowly rising to his feet once more, the Larvitar looked up to see dozens more attacks raining down from the heavens, wreaking havoc upon the city.

Harvey stood spellbound for several seconds, before remembering his mission. Even he couldn't take much of that sort of punishment, which meant he needed to act fast if he wanted to complete his mission. The resolute reptile quickly used Sandstorm--not truly trying to change the weather, but merely to add his own brand of complexity to it, allowing him to sneak stealthily through the sand where other foes could not see.

Under the cover of the combined weather, the Pokémon made it safely to his destination: the Celadon City hospital. In the chaos currently controlling the emergency room, it was easy for the Larvitar to make his way to his quarry's room, though he did make a mental note to somehow tell Amelia how poorly managed the place was--it was clear that the cooler heads were all on other floors. Still, it had given him cover, and for that he was grateful.

Harvey opened the door of a particular room, but hesitated at the strange mechanical noises he heard behind it--a strange whine like nothing in the world he had ever heard of. The lime Larvitar quickly opened the door, but by the time he it swung open whatever had caused the noise was already gone. He sniffed warily around, but the only thing of note he smelled was the bandage-bound Carvanha he had come in search of. He sighed sadly, remembering what had brought Van here in the first place...

-----Earlier-----
"Van!" Amelia shrieked, half-sobbing as she rolled off her faithful companion. "I'm so sorry..." she whispered.

The first step in any emergency was to analyze one's surroundings. Knowing he couldn't do so properly from the confinement of his Pokéball, Harvey forced his way out, sensing rather than seeing Sina do the same beside him. It took just a brief scan of the surroundings to tell him they weren't out of the woods yet--literally, in this case, though the woods were like none he'd seen in Hoenn. Sina, too, seemed to have come to a similar conclusion, but she had sighted something more important: the two hostile Pokémon that had accompanied them. Having recovered from their teleportation disorientation, the Ralts and Murkrow resumed their fight, launching leaves and feathers everywhere.

Without a word, Amelia's two Pokémon agreed on their course of action: Sina shooting a Shard of Ice at the Murkrow while Harvey expressed his Outrage towards the Ralts.

The Murkrow, too busy dodging its other opponent's Magical Leaves, flew straight into an Ice Shard, its wings freezing and sending it straight to the ground, landing next to Amelia with a thud--the sound of impact also serving to stir the spy from her stupor. While the purple-black bird struggled against its bonds, the woman fumbled for a Nest Ball and clicked its button before throwing it, the device shaking once, twice, thrice before finally sealing in the half-frozen Pokémon. Amelia sighed in relief, knowing that at least one of the creatures that had harmed her partner would not be getting away. Taking another moment to ensure Van's safety, Amelia finally turned her attention to her other foe.

In that time, much had transpired. As Harvey thrashed wildly, the Rock Skin Pokémon hit air time and time again, as his opponent's Double Team successfully diverted him from his actual target. Meanwhile, Sina showered the battlefield with an Icicle Crash, but the move did little good against the Feeling Pokémon, as more and more and more doubles appeared. Almost laughing now, the blue-capped Ralts began to glow once more--

"Sina! Hone Claws!" Amelia ordered, knowing the Sneasel would need an advantage in order to strike true. "Harvey!" she ordered. "Pursuit!"

Both Pokémon complied, but Harvey, Confused out of his Outrage, managed to trip on his own two feet, hitting the ground hard. With Sina busy honing her claws, this left no one to keep the Ralts occupied. In a last-ditch effort, Amelia threw a Premiere Ball--

--and it was gone. Amelia swore, but retrieved the device before picking up the other ball she had thrown--the Nest Ball containing her newest team member. After waiting a moment for Harvey to shake off his Confusion, she summoned the shiny Murkrow inside.

"Hello," she said coldly, the ice in her tone far chillier than the ice binding the bird's wings. "My name's Amelia. Standing above you right now are Sina and Harvey. Normally, I'd be very pleased about capturing you, and about all the wonderful opportunities we'll have as a team. But right now, something has made me very, very unhappy." She pointed to the wounded Carvanha laying helplessly a few feet away, the Murkrow turning its head to follow. "This is Van, another member of my team. He is hurt. Badly." The Murkrow's eyes grew wide as she saw the blood running down the creature's side, the unnatural angle of its fins. The Flying-type looked to her new Trainer in dismay. Amelia nodded. "Yes. You did this, you and your friend. And you are going to help her."

The Murkrow nodded fervently, gnawing feverishly at her wings. With a nod, Amelia directed Sina to sever the icy bindings, freeing the Flying-type to flutter skyward once more. She looked to Amelia for instructions.

"Find a doctor," she said simply, and though the Murkrow cringed at the thought, she nodded and soared off.

Amelia sighed, releasing her stern facade, and then collapsed to the ground once more. Burying her face in her hands, she began to sob uncontrollably at the fate of her first friend. Sina whined soothingly to her trainer, laying loving claws upon her shoulder.

Harvey was disturbed. He had never seen his Trainer like this--so disturbed, so unguarded, so...vulnerable. He saw Sina nudge the spy, who stirred and glanced up. Staring at the lime-green Larvitar through bleary eyes, Amelia softly whispered "return" and held up a Premiere Ball, the beam of light claiming Harvey and returning him to confinement.

-----Present-----

It was only after arriving in this hospital room that Harvey had heard the details: how the Murkrow--unwittingly dubbed "Crowe" along the way--had returned with an unlikely-looking doctor and his assistant, who together with Amelia and Sina rushed the injured Van here for treatment. He hadn't heard the prognosis for the Carvanha's injuries, but he knew it couldn't be good. Sighing softly as he stared helplessly at his teammate, Harvey was roused from his reverie by the sound of more explosions outside. Peeking his head out into the hallway, he saw two women followed by a Heracross-riding Eevee and several other Pokémon racing towards the hospital entrance. As he listened to the sounds of panic, Harvey knew one thing: he couldn't leave Van here. It just wasn't safe. There was only one solution, he decided, and with a stubborn glint in his eye he set himself to accomplishing it.

??? (Team Rocket Trainer, skies outside Olivine Garden)
"Another one? Really?" The Agent clucked her tongue disapprovingly at her Fletchinder for missing its initial attack. "Be more careful, then. And keep the purple ones between you and the rock-lizard-thing, I don't want a repeat of what happened the last time Agent Tyler sparred with us." The Fletchinder shrieked its compliance before accepting the Flying Gem from its Trainer, while the Mantyke chirruped inquisitively. "Yes, yes, all right, go on and Scald it," the woman ordered impatiently, slipping the Kite Pokémon a sapphire-hued Gem before sending it towards Ryan's Tyranitaur with an exasperated sigh. At this rate I'll be bankrupt by morning. I do hope those bonuses she promised are worth it. Tapping a finger to her headset before directing her Sigilyph to resume its Protective field, she signaled to the rest of the force. "This is Agent Ashley Tango. We have a large group of icky hostiles outside that tacky garden restaurant thingy. Can we please have some more reinforcements sent this way?" Not bothering to wait for a reply, she directed her Sigilyph lower, hoping to be the one to find Shannon Willows by picking her out of the crowd.

OOC: And we are now all caught up on Amelia's flashbacks! I've been waiting for just this moment to pull everything together. ;) (Crowe's profile is on Page 9 of the Discussion Page, and is on Amelia's wiki page as well. ;) )

EDIT: And I should probably start including these as well, oops! :]

Current actions:
Sina: Hone Claws -> self
Crowe: Tailwind -> self
Fletchinder: Positioning -> self
Mantyke: Scald (Water Gem-boosted) -> Ryan's Tyranitaur
Sigilyph: Protect -> self (also protecting Agent Ashley Tango)

Edited by Flipz, Feb 26 2015 - 06:50 AM.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#6963 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 03:07 PM

IC: Evan Tierra, Fortree City

 

"See our strongest attacks coming, huh?" Evan thought frowning a bit as he did so. Monstro had nothing but powerful attacks, aside from Curse, Bide and Wide Guard. The Jynx's Forewarn would make outright attacking difficult for Monstro. Then, Evan had a flash of brilliance...

 

"Monstro, Curse!", Evan commanded his Swampert, as he winked to Jenny, "Then do what you do best!"

 

The Swampert growled in acknowledgement of the command and started to growl louder. A purple aura surrounded Monstro, making him feel slower and heavier. The Swampert then started to build up energy for his next strike, cloaking it under his usage of Curse......

 

 

IC: Albero DeLargo, Fortree City

 

Ryan's words echoed in Albero's mind. They grated on him. He did not like being reminded of what he was now. He also did not like Ryan trying to shift the blame onto himself. So he would just have to make it clear to Ryan what was really going on.....

 

 

"Explain why I am here then, Ryan.", Albero said, his voice sounding a tad frustrated. "I didn't come here because of your winning personality. I didn't come here because I wanted to. I had to. And I didn't plant those thoughts in your head; I just brought them up to the surface! It may be my sin, but right now, you are more gluttonous than I could ever be.......and what you did just now proves it!"


Edited by Hades, Feb 26 2015 - 04:29 PM.

  • 0

#6964 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 11:09 PM

IC: Ryan

Ryan looked to the ground. Albero's words had hit home. The sword in his hand felt heavy once more, as if he were lifting the weight of all his shame and guilt. he took a deep breath. "Y-you should go, Ray," he muttered. "This guy is targeting me... no, I drew him to myself. This is my responsibility. I don't know what's about to happen, but if Fortree ends up like the R&D department... or Galactic's base..." The Liberty agent looked up at Ray, his eyes full of regret. "Keep Sonja safe for me. Evan and Jenny, too. And... if you see Ellen, keep her safe as well." He looked back to Albero, doing his best to keep the seamitar pointed at him. Despite his fear, the corner of his lip curled up in a smirk. "All I've got to do is defeat you and I can overcome my sin. That's how this works, right?"

 

IC: Shannon

"No!" Shannon cried fiercely when Ryan started to lead her away. She tried to wrest herself out of his grasp, then cried out in pain as the action sent a spike of pain through her shoulder. She gritted her teeth. "I'm not going anywhere. Not until I've had a chance to talk with Hannah! That's why you brought me here, isn't it? Or am I just another one of your little citizen soldiers?"

 

Upon seeing her trainer's predicament, the Furret squeaked furiously, scampering about in a panic before Slamming all her weight against Ryan, hoping to make him let go.

 

IC: Dack

The snow pelted Dack's face as Swellow carried him higher and higher through the clouds. They weaved in and out of various Rockets headed for the streets of Celadon. He let them go. Zach and the others would take care of them. But Dack had his sights set on one Rocket in particular: Hannah Wright. He cursed the impossible weather, for he couldn't see anything more than a few feet away. For all he knew, Hannah could be right beside him and he wouldn't even know it.

 

"Hey!" A Rocket agent flying upon a Swanna flew in front of him. The Rocket in question was a young girl, quite a few years younger than Dack. He supposed she was one of the newer recruits. "You're not one of us! What are you doing here?"

 

Dack subtly smiled. "I was a last-minute addition to the team," he said, quickly fabricating his story as it came to his mind. "I seem to have gotten a bit turned around though. Do you think you could direct me toward where Executive Wright is?"

 

The young agent laughed. "You can't fool me, bird brain!" she cried. "Swanna, knock him out of the sky!" The swan on which the girl rode flapped its wings with surprising strength. Dack and Swellow found themselves fighting Hurricane-force winds. Swellow struggled to stay afloat as the windstorm battered his wings.

 

Dack growled in irritation. He didn't have time to deal with this girl. "Swellow, dive!" he cried.

 

The Rocket girl blinked in confusion. "Swellow can't use dive."

 

Swellow folded his wings, sending himself and Dack in a nosedive toward the streets below. When they had at last escaped the fierce gale, Swellow leveled out and continued their search for Hannah.

 

A Water Pulse cut them off. "Nice try," the Rocket girl said as her Swanna descended from above. "But you can't lose me that easily!"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#6965 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 12:20 AM

-==IC: Ray==-

"Yeah right." Ray said, as he frowned. "I said I'd drag you back if I had to; can't really do that if I run away, now, can I?" Ray asked, as he smiled slightly toward Ryan, and then looked back to Albero with a frown. "I'm not going anywhere. If I can help at all; then I'll help." Ray said, as he wondered what Pokemon were even able to fight still...

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan was about to open his mouth to respond, when two things happened; he saw an attack flying toward them, and the Furret decided to slam him away. Ryan let go, for fear that him holding onto Shannon's arm while getting pushed the other way would just injure her further. "Stone Edge!" Ryan called out quickly, inwardly annoyed that the worst chance was chosen for this to happen. The Tyranitar summoned a wall of stones around the two trainers and their Pokemon to block the attack, as Ryan glanced to the skies, and noticed two suspect Pokemon. Ryan reached to his belt and grabbed a Pokeball while still laying on the ground, and sent out his Porygon-Z quickly. The Porygon-Z looked up quickly and got a bead on the opponents, as the digital Pokemon launched off a Discharge in the direction of the Pokemon in question.

"You think I don't get that?" Ryan asked, as he pushed himself up, looking at Shannon with a frown. "I'm not trying to drag you away from your chance to talk sense into Hannah, as I want to do that just as much. But you can't do that, if you're out cold." Ryan said, a hint of worry on his face, as he left the rest of his thoughts on that part unspoken. "Listen, I just want you to quickly get your shoulder looked at, then we'll get right back here, alright? Zach's smart; he'll know better than to let Dack do anything stupid if they get back before this." Ryan said, as he looked back to the skies. "But I'm not just going to sit back and watch as you play down how bad that injury's affecting you. Now come on, or they will get back before we're back..." Ryan said, as he looked down toward Shannon, hoping that made sense.

Edited by An/A Blade, Feb 27 2015 - 01:00 AM.

  • 0

#6966 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 01:27 AM

IC: Shannon
"No!" Shannon cried fiercely when Ryan started to lead her away. She tried to wrest herself out of his grasp, then cried out in pain as the action sent a spike of pain through her shoulder. She gritted her teeth. "I'm not going anywhere. Not until I've had a chance to talk with Hannah! That's why you brought me here, isn't it? Or am I just another one of your little citizen soldiers?"
 
Upon seeing her trainer's predicament, the Furret squeaked furiously, scampering about in a panic before Slamming all her weight against Ryan, hoping to make him let go.

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan was about to open his mouth to respond, when two things happened; he saw an attack flying toward them, and the Furret decided to slam him away. Ryan let go, for fear that him holding onto Shannon's arm while getting pushed the other way would just injure her further. "Stone Edge!" Ryan called out quickly, inwardly annoyed that the worst chance was chosen for this to happen. The Tyranitar summoned a wall of stones around the two trainers and their Pokemon to block the attack, as Ryan glanced to the skies, and noticed two suspect Pokemon. Ryan reached to his belt and grabbed a Pokeball while still laying on the ground, and sent out his Porygon-Z quickly. The Porygon-Z looked up quickly and got a bead on the opponents, as the digital Pokemon launched off a Discharge in the direction of the Pokemon in question.

"You think I don't get that?" Ryan asked, as he pushed himself up, looking at Shannon with a frown. "I'm not trying to drag you away from your chance to talk sense into Hannah, as I want to do that just as much. But you can't do that, if you're out cold." Ryan said, a hint of worry on his face, as he left the rest of his thoughts on that part unspoken. "Listen, I just want you to quickly get your shoulder looked at, then we'll get right back here, alright? Zach's smart; he'll know better than to let Dack do anything stupid if they get back before this." Ryan said, as he looked back to the skies. "But I'm not just going to sit back and watch as you play down how bad that injury's affecting you. Now come on, or they will get back before we're back..." Ryan said, as he looked down toward Shannon, hoping that made sense.


IC: Amelia Zann/Ashley Tango (+Sina/Sneasel, T:Amelia Zann; +Crowe/Murkrow, T:Amelia Zann; +Mantyke, T:Ashley Tango; +Fletchinder, T:Ashley Tango; +Sigilyph, T:Ashley Tango)
Amelia frowned. "Talking's hard to do if you've bled--" at that moment, the Furret Slammed against Ryan, cutting off her train of thought. A moment later, a shield of Stone Edge cut her off physically from the two Trainers, the Mantyke's Scald splashing out in all directions upon impact. The two Dark-types took off to avoid the attack, but Amelia, as the closest to the stone shield, was forced to bear its brunt; the boiling water blast forced her to bite her tongue to the point of bleeding to prevent herself from crying out. She could feel the skin of her arm and legs beginning to blister in response to the heat, and knew the team was now two Trainers partly down. "S-Sina," she called softly, not wanting either of the Trainers beneath the dome to overhear. "Ice Shard. Gently. Please."

Sina screeched at the opposing Pokémon who had dared to harm her partner, contemplating disobeying her orders to retaliate against her attacker. A few moments' thought calmed her bloodlust, however, and she soon complied with Amelia's command, gently using her ice powers to soothe the spy's scalded skin.

This left just Crowe and a Porygon-Z against the three opponents, and Agent Tango was intent on continuing her onslaught. "Bounce!" she shrieked to her Mantyke, the Water-type barely managing to Bounce out of reach before the Tailwind-boosted Discharge hit home. Her Fletchinder, however, was not as lucky, the Flying-and-Fire-type nearly felled by the powerful electrical attack. "Don't just stand there like some fashionless fool, Fletchinder! Acrobatics!" The Pokémon screeched its acknowledgement, before launching what would likely be its last attack if hit...though its target was difficult to tell.

Ashley sniffed disdainfully at how quickly she had effectively eliminated her opponents. "This was not the dangerous mission Executive Wright promised us at all, is it? Come on, Sigilyph, let us ensure our utter victory: Psychic!" Dropping her protective shield, Ashley directed the Pokémon she rode to extend a Psychic grip towards the Porygon-Z, seeming to be attempting to throw it at the Dark-type accompanying it.

Crowe, left without a command and unused to a battle of such magnitide, flew back and forth confusedly for a few moments, belatedly choosing to repeat its Tailwind to benefit the team at least once more before she fell...

OOC:
Sina: Ice Shard -> Amelia (non-combat)
Mantyke: Bounce -> ??? (out of reach)
Fletchinder: Acrobatics -> ??? (either Ryan's Porygon-Z or Crowe)
Sigilyph: Psychic -> Porygon-Z
Crowe: Tailwind -> team

Edited by Flipz, Feb 27 2015 - 01:27 AM.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#6967 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 02:17 AM

IC: Shannon

Shannon grimaced as she leaned against the Tyranitar for support. She opened her mouth to argue, but she couldn't concentrate with the waves of pain flowing from her shoulder. She closed her eyes in defeat, realizing she was too weak to refuse Ryan's help.

 

The Furret, meanwhile, decided that the flying Pokémon up above were a greater threat than Ryan at the moment. She quickly scampered up the Tyranitar's back, coming to a halt at its shoulders. Looking toward the sky, the Furret opened her mouth and unleashed a Hyper Voice at the aerial combatants. Of course, the one caveat with the Furret's attack was that she did not distinguish friend from foe...

 

OOC:

Furret: Hyper Voice -> Porygon-Z, Crowe, Fletchinder, and possibly Sigilyph


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#6968 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 03:28 AM

-==IC: Blade==-

"Not a chance." A Gallade said, as Blade, Heather, and Elsa quickly came to help stall out the Rocket agent. Elsa and Heather launched off an Ice Shard and Thunderbolt respectively, which didn't do much to the Greninja in the long run; however, it did succeed in keeping its attention. Meanwhile, Blade dashed forward, and launched off a Psycho Cut at the Scarmory, to knock it off of Aria. He didn't want to steal the opponent away; but he knew Zach would want time bought; and hoped this would be enough.

-==IC: Zach==-

"Uhh..." Zach paused, as he looked around, at the eyes looking at him. For a split second, he was reminded of the last time that he was in such a position of leadership; when he let everyone down.

That was not going to happen this time. "Alright everyone, listen up!" Zach called out, to get everyone's attention, minus Ryan and the other two his group had brought back; they seemed to be having their own trouble anyway. "Everyone will be split into different groups; ten people will stay here with me and Olivia." Zach said, and then looked around the group, a new determination on his face. "Uhh, Aspen, you and Luke take the west side along with ten others; the gate probably won't be used now, but it doesn't mean people might not land there."

"Madison, you can take aunt Stacy's rooftop; she'll accompany you. The ten that'll be in your group can spread out among the rooftops there, especially since some might be friends, neighbours, or even your own." Zach requested, as Stacy nodded in agreement, and Zach then turned to Dahlia and Erika. "Do you mind taking the south side, Erika, Dahlia?" Zach asked, as Erika nodded, intrigued, and waved over ten of the other citizens. Zach didn't wait for further comments, however, and turned to Palmer. "Do you mind taking the east entrance with just ten people, Palmer? Since Dack left, and the others from our initial group seems to be leaving, or has already vanished like Lucia, I'm not sure who else could go with you..." Zach admitted, as he couldn't figure out who else to send with Palmer.

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan frowned with a twinge of guilt at Shannon not countering his claim, as he guessed the reason for it, and didn't like the fact that it was a pretty hollow reason to win an argument. Ryan looked up at the sky battle once more for the moment, a grim look on his face. "Tyranitar, send Dewott up to help; she can help for a mome-" Ryan said, but was surprised when the Furret launched off a powerful Hyper Voice, that nearly sent Porygon-Z to the ground as well. "Wow." Ryan was shocked, but shook his head with a frown, as he sent out his Dewott; the otter landing in the Tyranitar's hand, as the lizard wound up, making sure to be careful of Shannon, and launched the Dewott into the air, as the otter spun with its shell blades in a circle toward the Fletchinder, wondering what happened to the Mantyke.

"Listen, I'm sorry if I've been rough on you; and this day's just been ugh." Ryan said, as he seemed a bit unsure of what to do. "I'm not sure how well of a support Tyranitar is, though; mind if I help you there? It'll probably be faster." Ryan explained, as he quickly scanned his mind. Where was the Pokemon Center? Which direction were they facing now? There was no time to check a map, and he was not in the mood for more attacks, especially at this moment. "... Also, sorry about roping you into all this; I just figured it better before, than in the middle of all this chaos, by them." Ryan mumbled, as he wasn't even sure how awake Shannon was, after the last non-response. However, he glared back up toward the aerial fight, wincing for a moment at the snowflake that fell near his eye, as he wished that he had some way to keep the weather away. However, he noticed his Porygon-Z launch off a Signal Beam toward the Sigilyph; the bug type move would likely be pretty helpful, though he wasn't quite sure how much so.

OOC:

Porygon-Z: Signal Beam > Sigilyph
Dewott: Shell Blade > Fletchinder

  • 0

#6969 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 04:28 AM

IC - Sonja Baron (Loki)/Maddison Hayes (Jynx) - Fortree City, Ground Level:

 

Though he tried to block the ball of energy with one of his canes, Loki still stumbled from the force of the impact, knocking him back several steps. He growled, righting himself and resuming his offensive stance, though without an order from Sonja, he was hesitant to do anything other than Focus Energy for his next attack. Behind him, Sonja eased back, eyeing Jenny and Evan with a look of confusion.

 

Jynx, meanwhile, glowed with another Hidden Power, using her control over earth to send a cascade of rubble at her opponents--blocking Boarlite's poison in the process. As she did so, her aura darkened with the vague signs of a Nasty Plot, increasing her power.

 

Hayes glanced up, staring past the group with a confused line etched into her forehead. "Sanders may be in worse shape than suspected," she said. "Do you not sense the great conflict emanating beyond our sight?" She rubbed the side of her head. "I fear Hakuda may be in more danger than you're willing to believe . . ."

 

OOC:

 

So, I'm having to cut this post here simply because I'm too tired to write any more, but I will definitely at least try to get my other ICs up tomorrow--they should be very worth the wait.


  • 0

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~


#6970 Offline Metal Gear Minun

Metal Gear Minun
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

  • 31-July 03
  • 640 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 05:45 PM

IC: James – Central Celadon

 

Celebi hardly even looked behind her but just sort of activated her Psychic and conked Agent Oliver and his Gyarados out of their misery. James only paid attention long enough to the poor Rocket agent long enough to confirm that he was out of commission. The rest of Oliver’s strike team however had his full attention and worry.

 

Galahad was using his Aura to try and get an estimate of how many targets there were. The number he estimated was… unpleasant. Guinevere was focusing on re-directing any stray attacks that came their way.

 

James was not sure about the relative power levels of his team and the teams of the Rockets who were attacking Celadon right now, but unless they were not even remotely on the Executive’s level (or had vastly incompetent trainers) they would eventually overpower him by sheer numbers. But in the end his goal was not to defeat all of the agents attacking nor defend the whole city. If Team Rocket wished one of their own cities leveled to the ground, then they were stupid. But there were two places dear to him that he needed to secure before anything else. The rest of the city could come after that.

 

“Celebi, I need you to head west. There are ponds in that direction that contain colonies of Grimer and Muk. Please protect them… however I doubt they are a priority target so act as you see fit.”

 

Celebi nodded and flew off. The Time-Travel Pokémon lamented that while she was going to suggest taking a trip down memory lane, these were not the conditions that she had wanted for one.

 

“Everyone else come with me, we’re heading east.”

 

The Liberty Executive and his team had not gone more than a block before six trainers descended upon him.

 

“Over there! It’s the traitor!”

 

More people that I have betrayed. Well better they target me here than near somewhere I truly care about; not that they would know to target it.

 

It occurred to James that in all the time since he abruptly left Team Rocket, he had not actually gone up against any agents from Chapel, the base where he was stationed and where he was most well-known. So when a man he once knew decently well named Lawrence descended on a Crobat, there was little surprise about the look of anger on his face.

 

“Figures that you’d be here, Arthur” Lawrence spat out.

 

“…Why would you expect me here, might I ask?” James asked genuinely confused. He had made a point not to tell too much about his past when he was a member of Team Rocket.

 

“You know exactly why!” Lawrence shouted back.

 

“No I really do not.”

 

“Lies!”

 

I do not think he would be willing to listen to reason, Guinevere told James telepathically.

 

Neither do I, James replied back.

 

As the rest of the Rockets hopped off their respective Flying types and sent forth their respective Pokémon, James and his team adopted defensive positioning.

 

We could warp directly there, Guinevere reasoned.

 

If we did that, there is no guarantee that he would not show up later. Fewer ‘old friends’ we have to deal with, the better.

Guinevere was silent after that.

 

You know that’s not what I meant, James relayed to her; certain the connection was still there.

 

Eighteen Pokémon approached James and his team, led by a Machamp James recognized as having evolved from the Machop Lawrence once had.

 

Mordred being here now would have been incredibly convenient…

 

OOC: Bringing back throw-away NPCs you used once at the beginning of the RP nearly five years ago. Funz~

 

IC: (Mordred) - Four Island Forest

 

The aforementioned Weavile was still wandering the forests of Four Island. He had tried to find Gawain, figuring he’d still be steamed at James and would enjoy the company of someone who shared his sentiment. But the Swampert was nowhere to be found. Mordred shrugged; Gawain was probably sulking at the bottom of the sea or something. He looked around for Percival afterwards; he was good company too, but the Chandelure was nowhere to be found either. Mordred started to look for any of the others and found no one.

 

So with no one to alleviate his boredom, he had sulked back off into the forest and wandered off to nowhere in particular.

 

It was five minutes in when he realized that someone was trying to follow him. He turned around and saw a small blue shape trying to hide himself… and failing badly.

 

It was the bug who stole from him last week, or tried to at least. One thief to another, it doesn’t count unless you get away.

 

Mordred could just tell that today was going to be a long day.


Edited by Totally Colette; Not Minun, Feb 27 2015 - 05:47 PM.

  • 0

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg


#6971 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 08:49 PM

OOC: Auto-hit and Porygon-Z actions granted by Blade.

IC: Shannon
Shannon grimaced as she leaned against the Tyranitar for support. She opened her mouth to argue, but she couldn't concentrate with the waves of pain flowing from her shoulder. She closed her eyes in defeat, realizing she was too weak to refuse Ryan's help.
 
The Furret, meanwhile, decided that the flying Pokémon up above were a greater threat than Ryan at the moment. She quickly scampered up the Tyranitar's back, coming to a halt at its shoulders. Looking toward the sky, the Furret opened her mouth and unleashed a Hyper Voice at the aerial combatants. Of course, the one caveat with the Furret's attack was that she did not distinguish friend from foe...
 
OOC:
Furret: Hyper Voice -> Porygon-Z, Crowe, Fletchinder, and possibly Sigilyph

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan frowned with a twinge of guilt at Shannon not countering his claim, as he guessed the reason for it, and didn't like the fact that it was a pretty hollow reason to win an argument. Ryan looked up at the sky battle once more for the moment, a grim look on his face. "Tyranitar, send Dewott up to help; she can help for a mome-" Ryan said, but was surprised when the Furret launched off a powerful Hyper Voice, that nearly sent Porygon-Z to the ground as well. "Wow." Ryan was shocked, but shook his head with a frown, as he sent out his Dewott; the otter landing in the Tyranitar's hand, as the lizard wound up, making sure to be careful of Shannon, and launched the Dewott into the air, as the otter spun with its shell blades in a circle toward the Fletchinder, wondering what happened to the Mantyke.

"Listen, I'm sorry if I've been rough on you; and this day's just been ugh." Ryan said, as he seemed a bit unsure of what to do. "I'm not sure how well of a support Tyranitar is, though; mind if I help you there? It'll probably be faster." Ryan explained, as he quickly scanned his mind. Where was the Pokemon Center? Which direction were they facing now? There was no time to check a map, and he was not in the mood for more attacks, especially at this moment. "... Also, sorry about roping you into all this; I just figured it better before, than in the middle of all this chaos, by them." Ryan mumbled, as he wasn't even sure how awake Shannon was, after the last non-response. However, he glared back up toward the aerial fight, wincing for a moment at the snowflake that fell near his eye, as he wished that he had some way to keep the weather away. However, he noticed his Porygon-Z launch off a Signal Beam toward the Sigilyph; the bug type move would likely be pretty helpful, though he wasn't quite sure how much so.

OOC:

Porygon-Z: Signal Beam > Sigilyph
Dewott: Shell Blade > Fletchinder


IC: Amelia Zann/Ashley Tango (+Sina/Sneasel, T:Amelia Zann; +Crowe/Murkrow, T:Amelia Zann; +Mantyke, T:Ashley Tango; +Fletchinder, T:Ashley Tango; +Sigilyph, T:Ashley Tango)
Sina's blood sang as the Sigilyph dropped its defense. The shiny Sneasel whined in frustration as multiple foes weak to her powers revealed themselves, but she suppressed the song of battle and continued tending to her Trainer, knowing the slightest slip-up could have disastrous consequences: too little ice would fail to suppress the burn, while too much would cause permanent injury.

It was only thanks to Sina's ministrations that the spy was even capable of recognizing the danger of the Furret's Hyper Voice. She gasped. "Crowe, Quick Attack Sigilyph, now!" Suddenly snapping forth in a burst of speed, the Murkrow barely dodged the first bouncing energy orb, striking the Sigilyph just in time for a second to slam into both of them, knocking the Dark-type out instantly. A moment later the Porygon-Z's Signal Beam struck, the boosted attack more than enough to finish the Psychic-and-Flying-type.

Though now freed from the effects of Psychic, it came a moment too late, as Fletchinder's furious flying Acrobatics slashed past, the gem-boosted move landing with tremendous force. The stunned Normal-type released an instinctive Discharge in disbelief of what had just happened, before finally fainting from the combined damage, its defenses just barely inadequate to keep it conscious. A moment later, the Fletchinder, too, fell, the Hyper Voice, shell blades, and Discharge serving as severe overkill for the already-damaged Pokémon.

In an ironic twist of fate, the Mantyke reappeared just as Ryan's Dewott wondered where it had gone. Seeing Sigilyph fainted and its own Trainer falling fast, the Kite Pokémon deliberately dashed its attack, barely blundering its Bounce in a last-ditch effort to save its Trainer. Sheer devotion to its master kept it conscious through the Discharge, but even after catching the flailing fashionista, it flew her to the ground, knowing that it would not last much longer at all.

Ashley scowled at her opponents, her fashionable facade flustered by her near-death experience. "How DARE you?!" she screeched angrily. "You fashionless fools nearly ruined everything! Well, I'll show you frustration in my own fabulous fashion! Remoraid and Gliscor, come out!" As the Rocket retreated two of her forces, she summoned forth two more, stepping off of Mantyke even as it prepared a last Bounce to last a little longer...

Amelia gritted her teeth, nearly whiting out from the pain of her injuries. She heard one of the men saying...something...it didn't matter. She tried her best to both focus on the conversation occurring past the Stone Edge still shielding the two other Trainers. "Dunno where the Pokémon Center is, but I can take you to the hospital. Might be best if we head there anyway, my other two Pokémon are there as well, though one of them is--" she hissed in pain as Sina struck a particularly sensitive scalded spot. "It's our best bet for now, and not far from here, either. You're going to have to deal with most of the defense on your own, though...Ryan, was your name, I think? Otherwise you're going to have to carry two wounded women instead of one." The spy gritted her teeth, both from the pain and from having to admit her moment of weakness to another, but it couldn't be helped; even Sina's care would not properly heal her injuries. Note to self, get a healer on the team, she thought to herself irritably.

OOC:
Sina: Ice Shard (non-combat) -> Amelia
Crowe: KO'd
Sigilyph: KO'd
Fletchinder: KO'd
Mantyke: Bounce -> ??? (at 1 HP)
Remoraid: summoned, awaiting actions
Gliscor: summoned, awaiting actions

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#6972 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 11:40 PM

IC: Madison/Luke/Palmer

"Not a problem," Palmer said to Zach with a grin. He looked over and picked ten people out of the crowd. "You lot, you're coming with me!" he said. Before he could turn to the east, he saw their waitress, Natalie Dexter, push her way over to him.

 

"I'm coming with you!" she declared. "Phil's out that way, we might be able to swing by and pick him up."

 

"Your fiance?" Palmer said. "Very well, then. Oh! I almost forgot." He turned to his Pokémon. "Rhyperior, you're gonna help Aspen over on the west side. Milotic, go with Madison up to the rooftops. Take care of yourselves, okay?" The two Pokémon nodded before heading off to join their assigned trainers. The Frontier Brain nodded to Natalie and the assembled trainers. "Alright, then. Let's go!"

 

Madison welcomed Palmer's Milotic to her side, then looked over at Zach's aunt Stacy. "I'm ready when you are," she said. Anzu crooned in agreement. "Lead the way, Ms. Stacy. I just hope your house doesn't suffer too much damage."

 

"Hey, Madison..." Luke placed a hand on her shoulder. "Since Dack took off before he got a chance to tell you, I'll say it for him: don't die out there."

 

The skier offered a warm smile. "I'll try not to. Same applies to you, though." She glanced up at the skies and softly added, "Dack, too."

 

Luke nodded, and stood there watching as Madison and Stacy headed off with their group. The blackbelt then turned to Aspen and the Rhyperior that had joined him. "Alright then, kiddo," he said with a wry smile. "Let's make sure you don't die, either. I don't want to be the one who has to suffer your sisters' wrath when they hear I didn't look out for you."

 

OOC: Small mini-jam with Blade.

 

IC: Shannon

Shannon was only dimly aware of Ryan's words. She managed a weak nod, then winced again as the action irritated her shoulder. "J-just make it fast....." she mumbled, her voice barely audible.

 

Upon seeing the enemies get taken down, the Furret raced down Tyranitar's back and rushed to Shannon's side, crooning anxiously.

 

"Right..." Ryan said, and looked over toward the Furret. "Do you know which way the Pokémon Center is?" he asked, as he tried to use that to get his bearings. He heard Amelia yelling out something about a hospital; however, he wasn't focused on that right then, especially as someone else started to yell out.

 

The Furret tilted her head, looking from Shannon to Ryan. Her eyes widened in understanding, then the little Furret slipped out from between the Stone Edge boulders, on the opposite side of where Amelia and the Rocket agent were, and tried to get her bearings. The streets looked different now that people were running for their lives and attacks were raining down, but it wasn't long before the Furret realized where they were. She poked her head back through the rocks, chittering excitedly. She waved a hand up at Tyranitar, using Follow Me to get both its and Ryan's attention. Then she scampered down the street in the direction of the Pokémon Center.

 

OOC:

Furret: Follow Me -> Self (noticed by Ryan and Tyranitar)


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#6973 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 28 2015 - 12:20 AM

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan seemed amused at the Furret's attempts to get them to notice her, and then looked up, frowning slightly, as he noticed less Pokemon in the air; and mostly only one Gliscor. "Tyranitar, you know what to do."

The Dewott tumbled through the air, as she noticed the Mantyke about to Bounce back up into the air. She was not impressed at that possibility, however, and summoned up a geyser of water, as she launched herself rapidly toward the Mantyke; spinning through the air with a Night Slash, as she tried to finish the thing off quickly. Meanwhile, the Tyranitar roared out, and lifted the stones it had been using as a barrier; and launched them off toward the Gliscor powerfully, as he wanted to make sure it went down. Quickly.

Ryan, meanwhile, took a moment to glance backwards, and seemed surprised, as his Porygon-Z was fainted on the ground. Ryan recalled the virtual Pokemon, as he looked over at Amelia, having not heard everything that she had said. "Pokemon Center's not far over this way, let's get a move on." Ryan said, as he carefully wrapped an arm around Shannon to support her without jostling her injured shoulder, as Ryan began to walk in the opposite direction of the fight, as even with what he'd heard, he was positive the Pokemon Center was in fact closer to where they currently were.

OOC:

Dewott: Aqua Jet into Night Slash -> Mantyke
Tyranitar: Stone Edge -> Gliscor

Edited by An/A Blade, Feb 28 2015 - 11:15 PM.

  • 0

#6974 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 28 2015 - 05:27 AM

IC - Kyle Eston - Dendemille Town, Abandoned Windmills:

 

The door shuddered from the impact of Sanshou's attack, though the lock did not break--at least not at first. Frowning, the Mienfoo assumed a crane pose, before planting her raised foot back onto the ground and spin-kicking the door with her other one. A sharp crack sounded as the lock broke, prompting the door to swing inward from the force of the kick. Kyle gave the Fighting-Type a gentle pat on the head before slowly stepping inside, cautious of what lay within. Kitheus and Sanshou followed.

 

If the outer appearance only tipped Kyle off to the windmill's devious nature, the interior managed to prove his concern. The entire structure had been reinforced and remodeled from the inside--presumably leaving the exterior as aged as possible in order to disguise its contents. Cables stretched from one machine high above to the next, gradually leading down to a set of some sort of transportable cages, each of them just short and thin enough to be wheeled through the doorway. Presently, they appeared to be locked into the ground.

 

It was not so much the cages themselves that caught Kyle's attention as their contents: Dozens upon dozens of small, bat-like Pokémon, each of them with purplish fur and large ears. They crawled around and over each other with a clear sense of fear, those on the outer edges appearing to be in constant pain. As he got over his initial astonishment, Kyle was able to inspect the cages more closely and discover why: Every touch of the bars surrounding them elicited a sharp shock of electricity--a containment mechanism that appeared to be powered by the spinning of the creaky wind turbines above the cages.

 

Kyle could not personally find the words to describe how he felt about this. All he could do was feel--and what he felt was the boiling of his blood.

 

"Sanshou, Kitheus," he said, struggling to stop his hands from shaking. "Get these things open."

 

Sanshou nodded, rushing forward. Kitheus lagged behind, though not out of a sense of rebellion. He stopped halfway between Kyle and the cages, staring upward. Without warning, his eyes widened, and the Magneton unleashed an alarmed Metal Sound, catching Sanshou's attention. The Fighting-Type covered her ears and looked up, just barely managing to jump out of the way of the Cacturne that then landed where she had been but a moment previous. A massive Garbodor slammed into the ground a moment later, the glower on its face matching its companions' manic grin in sheer intensity.

 

Kyle furrowed his brow as Kitheus and Sanshou retreated closer to him, cut off from their initial target. "Of course these people wouldn't leave captive Pokémon unguarded," he said. "Sanshou, hit that Cacturne with U-Turn! Kitheus, Tri-Attack!"

 

They took immediate action. Sanshou leaped forward, twisting around in midair so as to plant her feet against the Grass- and Dark-Type for her attack. She instead crashed into a spiky shield of energy that materialized around her opponent, the spines digging into the pads of her feet and injuring her. As she landed on the ground in front of the Cacturne, its shield dissipated, and it swung out at the Fighting-Type with Needle Arm, forcing her to use Detect in order to avoid being hit.

 

Nearby, the three Magnemite composing Kitheus's body reformatted, each one pouring forth energy into a triangle-shaped beam. This they launched at the Garbodor, who had already lurched backwards before thrusting its head forward, launching a Gunk Shot into the path of the attack. With the Tri-Attack successfully blocked, the Poison-Type lunged. Though it knew some of its attacks would be ineffective against Kitheus's Steel-Typing, it remained undeterred, and almost seemed to relish the irony of the Drain Punch that it threw out at the Magneton. Thinking quickly, Kitheus Discharged a small amount of excess energy into the air around it, narrowly missing Kyle, Cacturne, and Sanshou despite the small space. Garbodor, however, was rendered disoriented enough for Kitheus to dodge, floating into the air above it.

 

"Kitheus, Supersonic!" Kyle called. "Sanshou, try using Swift!"

 

The components of Kitheus's body fanned out, creating a pseudo-satellite shape as he bore down upon the Garbodor with sonic waves. The attack proved effective in confusing the Poison-Type, who struggled to make sense of the world around it. It gripped its head in pain for several moments, before unleashing a savage roar and striking out. Powerful Seed Bombs launched from the tubes of its hands, striking Kitheus and knocking him lower into the air. Garbodor followed this up with another Drain Punch, successfully striking Kitheus and spiking him down at an angle. He slammed into one of the cages, his body managing to shatter the bars--simultaneously catching him in a constant barrage of electricity.

 

Several occurrences followed.

 

First was that, with the cage no longer trapping them, the air became filled with the bat-like Pokémon. They immediately poured out, fluttering to and fro, many of them going straight for the windmill exit whilst others began to rain attacks down on the still-confused Garbodor. The Poison-Type responded with more attacks, though their rapid movements mixed with its swimming vision only exacerbated the confusion, causing its Gunk Shot attacks to slam into the other cages--freeing more of the bats as a result. This, naturally, affected Kyle as well, and he found himself having to first duck beneath the swarm, and then crawl beneath them, taking refuge under a table against the far left wall.

 

What was stranger was what happened to Kitheus.

 

As if empowered by the surge of electricity, the Magneton's three bodies began to meld together, transforming and becoming one. Soon it was not a conglomeration of Magnemite, but a UFO-like Pokémon that resided where Kitheus had once lay. As the evolution completed, he was able to shrug off the continuous electricity, floating uncertainly in the air before finding his balance. When he did, he found that he was able to fully analyze the field, almost seeing every angle and detail of the current combatants at once.

 

And, at present, it saw first and foremost a distracted and dazed Garbodor.

 

The Magnezone blinked once, and then Locked On to the Poison-Type. Fueled by his new-found power, Kitheus gathered energy again, this time coalescing it into a pure Electric-Type attack. Then, he unleashed it. The Zap Cannon popped and crackled loudly as it flung through the air, striking its target with deadly precision. The Garbodor shrieked in pain, collapsing soon after from the sheer amount of damage caused by the attack.

 

Sanshou, meanwhile, was having a much harder time against Cacturne. The Scarecrow Pokémon seemed to find blocking her attacks an effortless task, deflecting Swifts and tanking others with an almost gleeful ease. As she wore herself out, it eventually moved in, taking advantage of her fatigue to slow her down with a Cotton Spore attack before clamping its arms around her, effectively pinning her to its body as a makeshift shield against the surrounding, fleeing captives.

 

As she struggled against Cacturne's hold, Sanshou's small body, too, began to glow. The enemy Pokémon strained to hold on to her as she became larger and taller, her muscles strengthening and whiskers, tail, and hand fur lengthening. At last, the light faded from the newly-evolved Mienshao's body. Sanshou twisted her head to look up at the Cacturne, a cold and deathly glare in her eyes, before headbutting it. The force of the blow stunned the Cacturne long enough for her to jab a Drain Punch into its stomach, before finally Bouncing off of its chest and out of its grip. Landing against the wall, she rebounded back towards Cacturne, managing to land a critical hit on her opponent's head and knock it out from the force of the blow.

 

With Cacturne now taken care of, the three cages destroyed and the captured bats gone, Kyle felt he could breathe a bit easier again. He eased out from underneath the table, and then slowly rose to his feet. After adjusting his coat and sweeping the dust from it, he nodded to his Pokémon with a wide smile. "Nice work, you two."

 

The evolved Pokémon took this as a sign that they could rest, and so they did, finding perches that would allow them to keep a careful eye on their unconscious opponents. Kyle, meanwhile, looked around, before fully registering the documents laid out on the table he had hidden under. Curious, he turned, picking one up and flipped through it. When this produced no useful information, he chose another one, continuing this with a sharp, scrutinizing eye.

 

Finally, he found something.

 

It was an odd document--something like a shipping label, though he couldn't be sure. If anything, it seemed more like instructions, directions on who to speak to at specific points and where to send various items. There was one listing in particular that caught his eye, and he had to reread it several times to ensure that he was not mistaken: "Loads 5FY/3DR RE: Keturi City."

 

Kyle frowned. "Keturi City . . ." he repeated out loud. "That means . . . Is someone on Four Island having these kinds of Pokémon imported?"

 

That train of thought came to a forceful end as the Liberty Agent heard the soft sound of ruffling material--a sleeve lightly moving--followed by a second's worth of electrical crackling. At the same time, a red light suddenly enveloped Kitheus and Sanshou, dragging them back into their Poké Balls. The next instant, two prongs jammed into his back, a powerful electric current crackling between them. He could not so much as utter in pain as the volts coursed through his body, locking his muscles. With no way to keep himself upright, Kyle toppled forward, banging his head against the table on the way down. He was out cold before he hit the ground.

 

The two men who stood in the doorway gave him a few moments before venturing in. One wore a white coat and a white-striped, black bowler. He was a younger man with long, red hair, and it was his taser, fired from the end of his black and red cane, that finally unlatched from Kyle's back, allowing its owner to reel it back in. In his other hand, he held a small black device lined with several buttons, which he nonchalantly rolled through his fingers as he approached, finally placing it into his pocket with an impressed and appreciative look. His much larger companion followed behind him, coming to stand on Kyle's other side.

 

"Well, I suppose that answers the question about whether this actually works," said White Coat, speaking directly to the unconscious trainer as he gestured with the device. He prodded Kyle with the foot of his cane, nudging him onto his back. A bruise was already forming on the Liberty Agent's forehead. "As well as our confusion about you. Doesn't it?" White Coat shook his head. "Mal, restrain the kid and throw him in the truck with the rest of our catch--we can't leave him here after seeing all of this."

 

The larger man nodded, tucking his own black and yellow cane under his arm as he bent down to hook his hands under Kyle's arms. "What about the Noibats?"

 

White Coat set a cigar between his lips, lighting it and taking a long draw of the resulting fumes. "What about them?" he asked. "We'll make 'em up with the next shipment--assuming her pick-up ever gets here. And in the meantime, he gets to answer for their loss." He jabbed his cane towards Kyle. "Once we're done with him . . . I've heard Hojohsin's got quite a bounty on Liberty kids." He chuckled, pushing past Mal, who soon began to drag Kyle after him.

 

OOC:

 

This has been such a long time coming . . .

 

462.png

Species: Magneton.

Nickname: Kitheus.

Trainer: Kyle Eston.

Appearance: Kitheus is more or less a standard Magnezone. However, his 'shoulder' eyes are green and blue for the left and right shoulders, respectively.

Personality: As a result of achieving his final form, Kitheus has regained full control of his instincts and mind, creating a being of absolute calm. Extremely intelligent, analytic, and certain of his own self, Kitheus nevertheless remains a loyal and selfless companion, always seeking to do what he can to help others in need. His capacity to integrate and connect with machinery has improved immensely with his new body.

Ability: Analytic.

Specialty: Kitheus's main specialties lie in special attacks and in inflicting status conditions, although his defenses have also greatly increased as a result of his second evolution.

Known Moves: Flash Cannon, Supersonic, Zap Cannon, Lock-On, Tri-Attack, Magnet Rise.

 

Metal Sound > Flash Cannon

Thundershock > Zap Cannon

Discharge > Magnet Rise

 

 

620.png

Species: Mienshao.

Nickname: Sanshou.

Trainer: Kyle Eston.

Appearance: Sanshou looks like a regular Mienshao.

Personality: An incredibly serious Pokemon. Sanshou spends much of her time meditating and observing, silently focusing on whatever it is that she is focusing on. She is a quiet, thoughtful, and loyal Mienfoo who will do whatever it takes to get her job done. As of her evolution, she has become extremely resolute and stoic, only showing her softer side to her trainer and long-time teammates.

Ability: Regenerator.

Specialty: Sanshou is extremely quick, specializing in speed, dodging and physical attacks, all of which have become significantly more pronounced skills as of her evolution. Her ability to take hits has increased, though she continues to prefer a minimum of direct damage in combat.

Known Moves: Detect, Swift, Drain Punch, U-Turn, Meditate, Bounce.

 

Force Palm > Drain Punch

Calm Mind > Bounce

 

 

Cutting other IC from post for same reason as that other post that was supposed to have this one in it. #tired


  • 0

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~


#6975 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2015 - 11:25 PM

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan seemed amused at the Furret's attempts to get them to notice her, and then looked up, frowning slightly, as he noticed less Pokemon in the air; and mostly only one Gligar. "Tyranitar, you know what to do."

The Dewott tumbled through the air, as she noticed the Mantyke about to Bounce back up into the air. She was not impressed at that possibility, however, and summoned up a geyser of water, as she launched herself rapidly toward the Mantyke; spinning through the air with a Night Slash, as she tried to finish the thing off quickly. Meanwhile, the Tyranitar roared out, and lifted the stones it had been using as a barrier; and launched them off toward the Gligar powerfully, as he wanted to make sure it went down. Quickly.

Ryan, meanwhile, took a moment to glance backwards, and seemed surprised, as his Porygon-Z was fainted on the ground. Ryan recalled the virtual Pokemon, as he looked over at Amelia, having not heard everything that she had said. "Pokemon Center's not far over this way, let's get a move on." Ryan said, as he carefully wrapped an arm around Shannon to support her without jostling her injured shoulder, as Ryan began to walk in the opposite direction of the fight, as even with what he'd heard, he was positive the Pokemon Center was in fact closer to where they currently were.

OOC:

Dewott: Aqua Jet into Night Slash -> Mantyke
Tyranitar: Stone Edge -> Gligar


IC: Ashley Tango/Amelia Zann
The Dewott's trajectory took it up in the air, its Spinning Jet Slash gross overkill for the job; however, the Mantyke's momentum still sent the Dewott spinning wildly in the air.

Meanwhile, a series of serrated stones shot forward into Gliscor, the giant gravel grinding away at its defenses; however, the Ground-type grinned as it unfolded its wings, revealing an orb of pure poison clutched in its claws. First the orb, then it began to glow a ghastly purple, its injuries slowly but surely beginning to close. Internally, however, the Pokémon knew it would not want to take too much more of this abuse, and so turned to Counter the attack upon its aggressor: Ryan's Tyranitar.

Seeing this, the Rocket agent sent out her last Pokémon: "Go, Salamence! Dragon Rush!" The Intimidating Dragon-type began to glow blue even as it exited its Pokéball, and immediately charged towards Tyranitaur with overwhelming speed. Ashley crossed her arms, sticking her nose in the air at her opponents' ignorance. "And now, fashionless fools, prepare to face the full force of your forgotten foe. Remoraid! Use Water Spout!"

The Water-type complied, spitting a torrent of water that rained down upon the combatants like tiny waterborne bullets. This included both Amelia and Sina, who shuddered before the onslaught. The spy struggled to stay conscious, and it was this that finally convinced the Sneasel to act. She sped her way to Ryan's Dewott, doing her best to provide a safe spot for the water samurai to land. The moment the creature came down, Sina whined a plan to the Water-type, charging up an Ice Shard to launch at whichever foe she chose...

OOC:
Gliscor: Counter -> Tyranitar
Mantyke: (KO'd)
Remoraid: Water Spout -> enemies (Tyranitar, Sina, Dewott?, Furret, Amelia, Shannon, Ryan)
Salamence: Intimidate + Dragon Rush -> Tyranitar

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#6976 Offline JiMing

JiMing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 08-November 11
  • 546 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2015 - 12:25 AM

IC: Celadon

 

Aria sensed the Skarmory about to slam into her and hastily threw up an aura shield to defend herself. This did nothing to stop the Skarmory from sending the aura Pokemon flying across the street, and right as she got to her feet, the Skarmory quickly gave chase, leaving the Lucario to duck and dodge her opponent's relentless strikes. It wasn't until Blade's timely Psycho Cut finally opened up the opportunity for Aria to slam a point blank Aura Sphere punch directly into the armored bird's side, sending it far away from her. Aria then used ExtremeSpeed to return to her trainer's side, leaving the others to deal with the Skarmory.

 

Amethyst didn't see the Lick coming, and was sent to her knees in short order from the Greninja's extended tongue, paralyzed. The wicked ninja frog examined his work for a moment, and reared back to prepare a devastating Night Slash. However, Elsa's and Heather's attack flew true and forced the Greninja to redirect his Night Slash into the Ice Shard to reflect it back into the Thunderbolt and leap back, leaving the Gardevoir on the ground for now. Narrowing his eyes, Roberts' Greninja prepared two Water Shuriken and hurled them with precision and speed at his newfound aggressors.

 

Aspen nodded his head quickly in reply to Zach's orders. Though normally he would be upset at being ordered around, this was a situation where he had little idea of what to do himself, and was glad to have some direction on where to go. Then Luke and Rhyperior walked towards the youngest Seaton, having been assigned to his position as well.

"Yeah, thanks." he muttered in reply to Luke. "For letting the girl you love go off to make sure I'm not dying." Aspen said, before looking for his designated area.

 

"S-Sure thing!" Dahlia squeaked in response to Zach. She was glad to be paired up with Erika, partially due to respecting the Gym Leader's gardening skills, but mostly because she'd have a strong companion to make it through the situation. "W-We should get moving about now...."

"Oh, are you leaving already?" Agent Draco Roberts called out, shaking his head. "What a shame. I won't have as much time to have my fun..... We can't have that, now can we?" the Rocket Agent crooned mockingly, grabbing two more Pokeballs off of his self and sending out a Mawile and Glalie respectively. "Mawile, Sucker Punch, Glalie, Ice Shard."

As Roberts' Pokemon prepared their attacks, two more flashes of light appeared, with Toxin intercepting Mawile's Sucker Punch with a Bullet Punch and Shade forcing Glalie to move back lest it get struck by a Night Slash. 
"Dream on, creep." Olivia muttered through a scowl, reaching out once more for Zach's hand. "We're not letting you and your boss turn Celadon into a wasteland!" she declared with a look of determination on her face.

 

IC: Lachina Adaon

 

The Ranger's eyes immediately widened upon seeing the photo. "Her..... Her name's Ellen?" she said. "I saw your daughter a little bit ago..... Give me a moment..." Lachina muttered. 

"...So the general direction she went in would be around the docks and harbors, I think." she explained. "You might wanna check there, sir."


  • 0

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

 

 


#6977 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 01 2015 - 01:55 AM

OOC: Permission for Gliscor spike granted by Flipz.

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan continued to walk forward, intent on getting Shannon the medical attention she so desperately needed. He was unaware of the chaos going on behind him; that is, until a roar caused him to look back. The next moment, the two were sent stumbling forward from the wind pressure of a Tyranitar barely stopping itself from flying into the two trainers...

Tyranitar stared down the Gliscor in shock. It launched off its Counter, about the same time that the Salamence launched off a Dragon Rush. The Tyranitar barely stood his ground, as he stumbled slightly. However, he looked up in shock, as the Water Spout was launched off, the charged up and powerful attack being launched off indiscriminately across the entire field.

Ryan's eyes widened, as he noticed the water Spout launched off. No... No, no, no! Ryan thought, his blood slowly chilling, as the two trainers began to be pelted by the torrent of water. Shannon cried out in pain continuously, as she began to be hit by the bullet-like water; the arc pattern barely being on their side, as they managed not to hit anything even remotely vital. Ryan did the only thing he could think of in that moment, and tackled Shannon to the ground, making sure to cover her with the arm he wrapped around her shoulder. Ryan grit his teeth, as he took small relief in the fact that, while still breathing rather heavily in pain, she didn't seem to be yelling out. He hoped that was a good sign, as the pelting of the Water Spout suddenly stopped. Ryan shakily stood up slowly, making sure to move his hand carefully, and noticed a shield of crooked stones covering them from the sky. Ryan breathed in and out slowly, as he turned around, his fists clenched and shaking as the full extent of what Ashley Tango had DARED to do began to sink in. And at that moment, Ryan felt something just... snap.

Ryan's blood began to boil, as his Tyranitar swayed on the spot. "This has gone on way too long! You... You are going to pay... How DARE you!" Ryan yelled out with a wild growl, as his previously calm eyes turned savagely angry. Shannon was defenseless. Shannon was injured. And it was only due to his quick thinking that she wasn't DEAD. "That does it... Limiters are OFF...! STONE EDGE!" Ryan yelled out, even as he flung out two more members of his team one after the other, slowly losing himself in the rage of the situation. "Rock Slide, Grass Knot, Revenge!" Ryan growled, as he glared directly toward Ashley Tango. The Tyranitar and Excadrill chose the most convenient target, as they acted with alarming speed, launching off the two rock moves on it at full power. Right after the attack, however, the Tyranitar fell to the ground with a resounding crash.

Ryan recalled the fainted rock type with nothing but a growl, as the Simisage leaped forward with an angry look on its face, knowing just how out of line that attack was too, even for the typically jolly monkey. The Simisage whirled around, not even caring about the water as he slammed a knot of grass at the Remoraid, using his speed against the fish as much as possible.

Dewott watched with a shocked look on her face as she was pelted by the Water Spout. There was far. And then there was too far. And the Rocket agent had just gone way beyond too far. Dewott landed with a growl. She still was not sure what to think about Ryan; but he had proven that he was alright, even among the anger issues he had been working on. But this was too much. Attacking an innocent citizen, who had already been injured, was weak to begin with, and was more or less defenseless... Dewott let out a small deep noise to indicate her sheer frustration at the situation to the Sneasel, and then launched herself into the air and slammed against the Gliscor in Revenge. However, as she spiked the Gliscor to the ground, smashing it into the ground with a resounding crash, the Dewott glowed, and then roared out in anger, a majestic, and very mad, Samurott falling from the sky.

The Samurott used her falling momentum to slam her hands down at the Gliscor in retaliation; for the trainer's actions, for Tyranitar, for everything that had just happened. And now, she just so happened to have a punching bag to take out her pent up anger on.

OOC: Stuff for battle:
Moves:
Tyranitar(KOed): Stone Edge -> Salamence
Excadrill: Rock Slide -> Salamence
Samurott: Revenge -> Gliscor, Evolution, Retaliate -> Gliscor
Simisage: Grass Knot -> Remoraid

Evolution: 16 EXP as of this fight.

Species: Samurott
Nickname: None
Trainer: Ryan Hikari
Gender: Female
Appearance: Instead of being yellowish, the seamitar Samurott wields is more faded, and looks more like it's white than yellow. Samurott also seems to have more freckles than most. There are no changes other than that, though.
Personality: Samurott appears to be fairly Naive, and usually assumes the best of the situations that she gets into. She doesn't trust Ryan much, even with her new evolution and his change of heart. She has, however, adopted a short temper, especially due to her evolving circumstances.
Ability: Shell Armour
Specialty: Attack ++, Speed ++, Special Defense -, Defense -
Known Moves: Razor Shell, Aqua Jet, Assurance(Egg Move), Night Slash(Egg Move), Retaliate, Revenge

Tackle -> Retaliate

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach nodded, as he took Olivia's hand, and pointed toward Roberts in determination. "You won't have your fun; we'll stop you and Hannah!" Zach exclaimed, as he sent out his Typhlosion to help allow the others to get to their stations. "Cyndy; Eruption!" Zach commanded, as the Typhlosion launched off a conical burst of fire from her back toward the opposing Rocket. The Typhlosion was taking great care to avoid the allied Weavile and Toxicroak, as she was barely having any luck at all with controlling it that much; which showed, as the outer edge wavered a bit in its focus.

OOC:

Typhlosion: Eruption -> Mawile, Glalie

-==IC: Jenny==-

Jenny frowned, as she looked over in the direction Ray had gone, and then shrugged. "I don't sense anything." Jenny said sheepishly, but then smiled knowingly, as she knew what Monstro was doing.

"Superpower!" Jenny yelled out, as the Emboar charged toward its target... However; it was headed the wrong way. Boarlite charged directly toward Monstro, and then punched out, as she aimed to strike the Swampert head on, and then jump back directly afterward.

OOC:

Emboar: Superpower -> Monstro

Edited by An/A Blade, Mar 01 2015 - 02:03 AM.

  • 0

#6978 Offline JiMing

JiMing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 08-November 11
  • 546 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2015 - 01:11 PM

IC: Jet 

Once more, Jet's ears were met with a mighty shriek which left a maddening ringing in his head. In that moment, all he felt was pure pain and agony.

 

Pain that served to spur him on.

 

The Braviary flapped upwards quickly, gaining altitude while carrying Hannah's Charizard still. Then he slammed the Executive and her steed right into the Noivern from Sootopolis, sandwiching Hannah inbetween her own Pokemon. After making a triumphant call, Jet summoned a Tailwind to speed down towards the ground, taking Charizard, Noivern, and Hannah down to the streets below.


  • 0

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

 

 


#6979 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 01 2015 - 01:52 PM

IC: Albero DeLargo

"Not exactly, Ryan.", Albero said as he shook his head "You've gotta overcome your sin first, before you can even hope to overcome me. But, I have no intention of fighting you like this. It would not be right, so......."

Albero then knelt down and placed his hand upon the the soil. Almost immediately his aura flared up once more. As Albero got back up, what appeared to be Sitrus and Leppa Berry trees sprung up near Ryan. The branches were chock full of berries, all ripe for the picking.

"My power, besides that of Gluttony, is the manipulation of plant life.", Albero said matter-of-factly "I suggest you take them, Ryan. I'd hate for you to lose because your pokemon could not fight with all their might for you. Mr. Hakuda, this is between Ryan and I. You should just stay out of this."

With those words, Albero sent out his Emboar, Rhyperior and Snorlax. Each one seemed to glow ominously like their master.

 

IC: Evan Tierra/Monstro

 

As Monstro was struck, by both Jynx's Hidden Power, and Boarlite's Superpower, he felt an immense surge of energy within himself. He was angry at the mere thought of being easily taken out this early. Before Boarlite could back off completely, Monstro grabbed the Mega Fire Pig with both arms. Exerting every ounce of strength he had, in tandem with Bide's power boost, Monstro began to lift Boarlite. The Mud Fish, using whatever he had left, threw Boarlite at Hayes' Jynx. As Boarlite soared, Evan looked on in surprise. He did not expect Monstro to do this. Then Evan, realizing how this could work now, winked to Jenny.

 

"Criticize our theatrics at your own peril!", Evan said, striking another subdued pose.


  • 0

#6980 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2015 - 05:26 PM

IC: Ryan
Ryan narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the berries that had suddenly sprouted around him. "How do I know this isn't some trick?" he asked, plucking a Sitrus berry and turning it in his hands. Nevertheless, he handed it to Quil, who seemed to almost instantly feel better. He looked back at the orange-haired trainer. "Ray," he said seriously. "Now's not the time to be the hero. I got myself into this mess. I'll pull myself out. I appreciate the thought, but... after seeing what happened in R&D..." He grimaced as Quil started feeding berries to the rest of his Pokémon. "Let's just say if things go south, there won't be anything left for you to drag back." He looked away, feeling the full weight of his recent actions. "Just.... just go."
 
IC: Paul/Kiri
Paul gasped. "Y-you've seen her?" he cried. "Oh, thank goodness. I can't thank you enough!" He hurriedly put the picture back in his wallet and turned toward Scar.
 
"Ellen?" Kiri asked. "That's the girl who was helping defend the city with my nieces and nephew. She's certainly a brave little girl."
 
"Maybe a little too brave," Paul muttered. "Why am I not surprised? Listen -- where are the docks and harbors?"
 
Drew suppressed a snicker. "Do you know nothing about the city?" he asked. "They're in the middle of the city! Where'd you expect them to be?"
 
"It's not his fault, Drew," Alaina said with a smirk. "Folks like him don't have the street smarts we do. Sounds like his daughter's a little more knowledgeable than him, though."
 
"Hush, children," Kiri said sternly. "The main ports are on the east side of the city," she explained, pointing them out to Paul. "I hope you find her."
 
"Thank you for your help," Paul said gratefully. He hopped onto his Skarmory, who took off without a moment's hesitation. "We're close, Scar," he said, his eyes starting to well up. "We're so close."
 
IC: Ellen
At that moment, Ellen was in fact being shuffled along by the sea of people waiting to board the submarine-ferries. The girl had already recalled her Pokémon for fear of losing them in the crowd. Hundreds of people lined the docks, ranging from traumatized tourists to entire families that were now homeless, hoping to seek refuge with a friend or family member in another city.

"We're trying to do this as efficiently as possible," a sailor said over a loudspeaker. Ellen barely registered what the sailor was saying -- something about people being evacuated to both Lilycove and Slateport with little control over where they ended up. Apparently they were more concerned with getting people somewhere safe rather than getting them where they wanted to go.

Ellen did not know what was going on, nor did she care. She allowed the crowd to jostle her left and right, and was only vaguely aware of boarding a submarine-ferry destined for Slateport. When the ferry submerged itself in Sootopolis' lake, Ellen was horrified to see that the damage extended even underwater. Piles of debris and even some largely intact chunks of buildings rested at the lake bottom, an eerie testament to the catastrophe that had just occurred.

It was not until the submarine-ferry had left the underwater cave and entered into the ocean that the world seemed normal again. Normal, that is, apart from the solemn passengers. A young couple quietly comforted a grieving family a few seats ahead of Ellen. Most passengers just stared silently ahead or out the windows, still in a daze over the events of the past few hours. If Ellen hadn't been in a similar daze herself, she would have found the atmosphere very unsettling. Instead, the only thing on her mind was that she had to find Ryan. She repeated the goal over and over in her head. She had to get to Fortree. She had to find Ryan. It was the only way she could keep from replaying those horrible images of the aftermath of the battle.

It was the only thing that kept her moving forward.

One step at a time.
 
IC: Madison - Celadon City Streets, Headed to Stacy's House (North and East)
Anzu quickly shot an Ice Shard up in the air to deflect an incoming Dark Pulse. Madison ran as fast as she could through the torn up streets, following Stacy. A handful of citizens trailed behind her. However, when a chunk of building broke off from an ill-placed Hyper Beam and started to fall toward them, Madison could do nothing but cover her head -- an admittedly poor defense against a falling chunk of building.
 
In that moment, one of the citizens cried out. There was a flash of light. Then a Pelipper hovered above the group, casting a Protective force field around them. The building chunk struck the shield and shattered, falling harmlessly to the ground. "That was a close one," the Pelipper's trainer said.
 
Madison stood rooted to the ground. She had suffered the Ancient Darkrai's nightmares before. But near-death experiences were new to her. Luke's words echoed in her mind. She had treated them lightly. But for the first time, Madison realized that one or more of them dying in this battle was a very real possibility. Shannon, the Seaton siblings..... even someone as experienced as Dack could meet his untimely demise. She shuddered at the thought.
 
Anzu floated worriedly at her side as the Protect dissipated. The Pelipper trainer put a hand on her shoulder. "Come on," he said kindly. "No use giving up now. We survived; that's what matters. And we'll continue to survive." Around them, other people in the group comforted their similarly shell-shocked comrades.
 
Madison slowly nodded. She continued walking. Her movements were calm. But her mind was racing.
 
IC: Luke - Celadon City Streets, Headed West
"What are you talking about?" Luke asked Aspen with a frown. "Madison and I aren't--" He was cut off as a Mawile leapt toward them, only to be intercepted by Olivia's Toxicroak. "No time to worry about that now," the blackbelt cried. "Come on, kid, let's move!" Aspen, Luke, Rhyperior, and their group of citizens dashed away from the plaza and ducked into a nearby alley. "Alright," Luke said. "That should keep them out of our hair for now." He looked to the assorted citizens. "Now, which one of you can get us to the western side of the city before Hannah's army gets there?" he asked.
 
"I can lead you there," a woman said. "Although there's no guarantees the army won't get there first."
 
"Perfect," Luke said with a wry smile. "I've been waiting to get some action. Let's go!"
 
IC: Shannon - Celadon City Streets, Headed East Toward Pokémon Center
Shannon had no idea what was going on. Her world was spinning, and it seemed all she felt was pain. Pain from the water pellets crashing down on her, pain from Ryan crashing down on her. Her breathing became ragged as she struggled to remain conscious. She heard Ryan yelling, but his voice seemed to come from far away. He was supposed to be taking her to the Pokémon Center. Why had he stopped? Were they there?
 
The Furret paused and looked back in surprise. Ryan and Tyranitar had stopped following. The Long Body Pokémon quickly doubled back, squeaking urgently at Ryan. She nudged Shannon, who groaned weakly, and then darted over to Ryan, trying to push him toward the Pokémon Center. When Ryan didn't immediately respond, she pushed harder, desperately Headbutting his legs.
 
IC: Palmer - Celadon City Streets, Headed East
Palmer, Natalie, and their group of citizens had not gone far when they came across a disturbing sight. Ryan Hikari and two girls he did not recognized seemed to be locked in a fight to the death against a Rocket agent. One of the girls knelt on the ground in pain, aided by her Sneasel. The other girl lay face down on the ground, blood trickling from an open wound on her shoulder.
 
Palmer's eyes widened as Ryan's Pokémon started to decimate the Rocket's. The Frontier Brain had to lift an arm to shield himself as a combination of Stone Edge and Rock Slide flew toward the Salamence, some of the rocks flying toward his group as well. Cresselia glowed with psychic energy to protect the citizens. "Ryan!" Palmer cried, rushing to the trainer's side. "These girls need medical attention! Take Cresselia and bring them to the Pokémon Center! We'll take things from here!"
 
Natalie nodded as she sent out an Aipom. "Get them out of here!" she cried, before turning toward her Pokémon. "Quickly, Bounce!" The Aipom leapt into the air, waiting to see which of the Rocket's Pokémon had already fallen before picking a target.
 
Cresselia used her psychic powers to carefully lift Amelia and Shannon off the ground and onto her back. Hop on, she told Ryan. They'll need someone to look out for them once we get to the Center. Meanwhile, Palmer's Dragonite began to fly in a fascinating formation above the battlefield, quickly gaining speed as he performed the ancient dance of his ancestors.
 
OOC:
Aipom: Bounce -> ???
Dragonite: Dragon Dance -> Self
 
IC: Dack - Skies Above Celadon City
"Out of my way," Dack growled. "I don't want to hurt you. I just need to find Hannah Wright."
 
The girl laughed. "You don't want to hurt me? Please. You vastly underestimate me. Air Slash!" The Swanna swiped its wings, creating a sharp current of air that dug into Swellow. Swellow cried out in pain, responding with a Wing Attack before trying to soar off once more. "Hey!" the Rocket girl cried. "I'm not through with you yet! Ice Beam!"
 
A thick layer of ice suddenly coated Swellow's wings, sending them plummeting. Dack cursed as he reached up to try and scrape the ice off Swellow's wings. "That does it," he said. "The gloves are off. Swellow! Knock her out of the sky!" Flapping his wings desperately to regain altitude, Swellow soared toward the Swanna, screeching in a fierce battle cry. He tore into the Swanna with Brave Bird. His talons were busy holding onto Dack's shoulders, but that didn't stop him from using his beak to strike at their enemy. Meanwhile, Dack sent out his Luxray. The electric-type landed on the Swanna as Swellow flew away from his aerial attack.
 
The Rocket girl cursed. "What are you-?" The Luxray grinned and let out a Discharge, shocking both the girl and her Swanna. As they fell, Dack recalled his Luxray, then swooped down to catch the girl. Swellow flew even lower, catching the Swanna on his back. "That was a cheap trick!" the girl cried.
 
"Next time, don't get in my way," Dack said darkly. He deposited the girl and her Swanna on a nearby rooftop and then flew off, resuming his search for Hannah.
 
IC: Hannah - Skies Above Celadon City
Hannah grunted as she found herself pressed between her two Pokémon. "Destroy that Braviary!" she cried. They may have been falling. But they were also within point-blank range of their target. With a savage growl, the Charizard opened its mouth and summoned a fierce Fire Blast at Jet. Tilting its head to the other side, Noivern issued another Boomburst.
 
Meanwhile, Hannah managed to slip out from between her two Pokémon, sending her freefalling toward the ground. She grabbed a Pokéball and opened it, releasing her signature Pokémon: Staraptor. The bird of prey caught her, then flew back around to look at the situation his teammates had found themselves in. With a kestrel-like scream, the Staraptor flew in toward the Braviary from the side, ramming into him with Aerial Ace.
 
Noivern took the opportunity to escape the plummet, flapping its wings as it tried to regain its balance. Narrowing its eyes, it summoned a Tailwind of its own to help its team.
 
IC: Jayron/Colette/Clonette
Jayron was starting to worry. The field of psychic energy surrounding the Deoxys-Lucario-Ninja fusion had blocked every attack he had thrown at it. And with Colette trapped within her clone's aura prison, he was stuck commanding her Pokémon in addition to his own. He glanced back at his fellow aura wielder, then did a double take. Colette seemed to be trying to get his attention. "What is it?" he asked, leaning close to the aura barrier.

Colette frowned slightly at the muffled sound of Jayron's voice. She motioned for Collie to cover her ears, and then took a deep breath. "JAYRON!!!" she yelled out, figuring this was the best way she could explain. "CAN YOU LOOK AFTER ALEXA WHILE WE GO DESTROY THAT FUSION THING?!"

Jayron couldn't believe his ears. "You want me to do WHAT?" he cried.

Collie looked from Alexa to Jayron. "Are you sure we can trust him with her?" she asked.

Colette paused at Collie's question, as she pondered it for a second. "We have no other choice." Colette said quietly to Collie, before turning back to Jayron. "YOU CAN HAVE METAGROSS OR SOMEONE LOOK AFTER HER TOO; JUST FIND SOME WAY TO KEEP HER SAFE!!" she yelled.

"Alright," Collie said with a shrug, wincing slightly from the ringing in her ears. "If you say so."

Jayron was about to ask how he was supposed to keep Alexa safe when she was trapped in an aura prison, when said prison dissolved, and Colette's double gently placed the young girl in his arms.

"If a single hair on her head is harmed..." she said in a low voice. "There will be no escape from my wrath."

"W-wait!" Jayron stammered. "When did you suddenly switch sides?" But the doppelganger had already taken off, running full speed toward the monstrosity.

Colette dashed forward, her aura beginning to flare up once again as she looked over to her clone with a smile. "So, Collie! Ready to win?" she said confidently as she looked forward and launched an aura sphere at the monstrosity's head.

Collie nodded, as her hands lit up with aura. She sent blast after blast at the monstrosity, each one battering it down. The monster screamed in rage as it glared at the two Colettes. It raised a tentacled hand, forming an aura sphere of its own, which it launched toward the two girls.

Colette stepped back slightly, as she hadn't expected that, and then rolled to the right. The aura wielder skidded slightly, using her stance on the ground to allow herself to charge up a powerful Aura Sphere, which she then launched toward the monster. She began to pant slightly, but noticed out of the corner of her eye that Myriam and Kammy were running toward them. Kammy charged up her own Aura Sphere, firing off the incomplete attack as Myriam leaped into the air and then kicked downwards toward the monstrous fusion.

"These Pokémon," Collie said, continuing to launch sphere after sphere at the monstrosity. "They're here to help?"

Myriam's and Kammy's attacks never reached their target, for the psychic field surrounding the creature was too strong. At that moment, however, Jayron's Lucario rushed toward the monster with Extremespeed, using his own Psychic to counter the force field. The monster slashed at Lucario, sending him flying. But its one source of defense was down. From the other side, Absol leapt towards the fusion, striking it with a powerful Megahorn. Servine combined her Leaf Storm with Aqua's Mud Bomb, Zwelious used Dark Pulse, and Metagross summoned a Meteor Mash.

Colette nodded to Collie as she launched off another charged Aura Sphere toward the monster. "Yeah! Together, we can defeat this thing." she said confidently. Her Pokémon waited until the attacks from Jayron's Pokémon were finished, and then leaped into action as well. Myriam slowly stood up, having hurt her foot slightly in her landing. However, she and Kammy launched off an Aura Sphere of their own at the monster, as Vivian quickly launched off a Water Pulse toward it as well.

The monster reeled from the attacks, then lashed out with a Zap Cannon charged Aura Sphere. The attack would have struck the entire army of Pokémon, but Collie created another massive aura shield, big enough to protect everyone. "If they're here to protect Alexa, I'll see that no harm comes to them!" she cried.

Colette smiled and nodded as she focused, launching off two quick Aura Spheres toward the monster. She was getting into the groove of the fight, although she wasn't totally sure how much more she could take, since the fights in general had been rather draining.

Collie smiled at her as she dispersed her shield and resumed her aura sphere assault. "Keep it up, Colette Natalie Llyan," she said. "If you could survive a battle against me, surely you can survive against this freak."

The monster roared again, and large splinters began to appear on the platform from its weight. The creature stomped the ground repeatedly, intending to destroy the platform they were on and send them all tumbling into the vortex below.

Colette chuckled slightly at the comment. "You only have to call me Colette, you kno--" The aura wielder stumbled back slightly, gripping the ground with a frown. "Not good!" she cried. "We can't let that monster follow through with its plans!" She was unsure of what would happen if the platform was destroyed, but she was not about to find out. Taking a deep breath, she dashed forward, attempting to fire off more aura spheres toward the head of the monster.

The monster merely shot another lightning-laced aura sphere at Colette, and then resumed stomping the platform. Collie cried out a warning, and threw out a shield, which both halted Colette's movement and protected her from the attack. "Colette," the doppelganger said, panting. "Your aura -- it shines with the same determination as mine. The last time we met, we were pitted against each other. This time we need to work together; combine our powers to stop that thing!" She held out a gloved hand, her eyes full of respect for her lookalike.

Colette raised an arm to try to defend herself, before her clone's shield blocked the attack. She looked over to Collie with a nod, and took her hand with a smile. "Right! Together, I'm sure we can do this," she said, turning toward the monster with a fierce determination. "Ready?"

"Ready!"

Collette and Collie both glowed, the aura around them intensifying. They brought their other hands closer together, a sphere of brilliant aura forming between them.

"Whoa." Colette was surprised by the joint aura sphere, but nodded with a smile. "Let's keep this up!" She focused, continuing to pour as much power as she could into the sphere, hoping beyond hope that the attack would be enough.

Collie concentrated, every inch of her being dedicated to maintaining the glowing ball of energy. The monster shielded its eyes from the intense light, stumbling backwards. At last, Collie nodded to Colette.

"NOW!"

As one, they launched the aura sphere at the monster. The creature threw up its arms in a vain attempt to protect itself. The moment the sphere struck its body, the monster disintegrated, evaporating in an explosion of light. When Colette and Collie could see again, the creature had vanished completely.

The illusion had been defeated.


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#6981 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 01 2015 - 06:25 PM

-==IC: Ray==-

"Heh. This seems familiar." Ray said, as he placed his hands into his pocket. "I seem to recall telling you to stay out of the way during a certain fight six months ago, for much the same reason. Except, turns out that you helped out well." Ray looked over at Albero with a frown.

"Sorry; but I'm not going anywhere." Ray said, as he dug out healing supplies, and recalled his weakened Pokemon, as he applied the supplies to his Pokemon. "I'll just be a moment, alright?" Ray said to Ryan, as he stayed back until the healing was complete.

-==IC: Stacy==-

Stacy frowned grimly, as she prepped a Pokeball for a moment. "Chin up." Stacy said kindly to Madison with a smile, as she walked up beside her. "I know things seem desperate now, but we'll stop them. These people won't tear up my city and get away with it..." Stacy muttered toward the end, but then smiled at Madison again. "We just have to keep moving on." Stacy continued, as they approached the mansion slowly.

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan was fuming in anger. This person thought this was a good idea. However, Ryan stumbled forward slightly in surprise, and looked down to see a desperate Furret, and then looked around in shock with a blink, as his eyes widened, recalling that they needed to move. Ryan numbly nodded as Palmer showed up, and tossed the empty Pokeballs for his Samurott, Excadrill, and Simisage toward the Frontier Brain. "Yeah... Go all out for me." Ryan said darkly, as he hopped onto Cresselia close to where Shannon was set down.

"We need to get there quickly." Ryan said, both because he only had his two fainted Pokemon, and because he wasn't sure how bad Shannon's injuries were, and looked down at the injured girl with a pang of regret and guilt. ... I lost myself in my rage again... Ryan realized, and looked down worriedly. He had stopped moving forward, just to make sure the attacker paid for it; but it prolonged getting Shannon help. "... Please, please hang in there..." Ryan said to the barely conscious girl, as he wished that the Legend could go faster, and just get them to the Pokemon Center as soon as possible...

-==IC: Blade/Heather/Elsa==-

The Weavile and Pikachu jumped up quickly, as the Water Shurikens clipped their sides even still. The Pikachu rapidly spun in the air, and Elsa quickly grabbed her, and flung Heather toward the Greninja in a makeshift Volt Tackle; even as the Weavile began to fall to the ground.

Meanwhile, Blade's eyes narrowed toward the Skarmory, as he nodded to Aria before she left. "Right then; you and me, overgrown bird." Blade said via telepathy, as he shot forward, and quickly unleashed a Close Combat on the Skarmory, trying to take it out quickly.

-==IC: Jenny==-

As the Emboar flew through the air, flames began to surround it. "Operation Frying Bacon has officially commenced. Chaaaaaaaaarge!" Jenny cheered, equally surprised by the maneuver, but equally impressed.

OOC: To make it clear, that's a Heat Crash that the Emboar's gonna be landing with. =P

Edited by An/A Blade, Mar 01 2015 - 06:37 PM.

  • 0

#6982 Offline Metal Gear Minun

Metal Gear Minun
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

  • 31-July 03
  • 640 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2015 - 10:00 PM

IC: James – Central Celadon

 

James managed to keep a defensive line up despite the pressure placed upon him by his assailants. Gawain and Galahad working in tangent was the key to his defense. Gawain kept the majority of attackers on the ground at bay by sweeping them back, and effectively deterring any assault from any of those attackers with a weakness to water of which there were five. In the air, Galahad deterred the six aerial combatants with bolts of Thunder Wave, which none of the fliers were readily willing to risk.

 

A Sawsbuck tried to brave the waves of mud that Gawain kept sending and tried to strike at him with Horn Leech. But he was intercepted by Lancelot, whose U-Turn sufficed to chase the Grass-Type off. In similar manner, Percival launched a Shadow Ball at a Gourgeist who had a similar thought process as the Sawsbuck.

 

The only Pokémon that did not seemed daunted by James defense was the Machamp leading the other Pokemon. The Machamp merely drew back into a Dynamic Punch with the intent to punch straight through to Gawain and shatter their defense. He would have too, had he not been pulled away by a powerful Psychic. James had specifically saved the one Pokémon he knew from experience could defeat the Machamp. Though unfortunately, that required her to be able to fight him one versus one. So the Machamp was dragged behind James’ line of defense as to separate him from his allies.

 

The defense held quite well by James’ count; the offense was virtually non-existent. The attackers that were driven off were trying to bide their time while they plotted how to target their respective prey. A Darmanitan, Magmortar and a Talonflame were looking at Lancelot quite savagely, though the Scizor was as fazed by their looks as his trainer was at the taunts and curses being spat at him by Lawrence, which is to say, not at all. The main problem with James’ ability to counter-attack was that the one Pokémon who could best disrupt the enemy long enough to strike was busy dueling the one Pokémon that he knew had a significant amount of experience behind it.

 

So James needed either Guinevere to finish off the Machamp quickly or for something else to come along and create a disruption that James could use to make a massive counter-attack.

 

And sometimes, fate provides.

 

IC: Jamie – Central Celadon

 

Jamie and Lucia had decided to try and regroup with everyone they had left at the Olivine Garden. While Pelleas was disappointed to not get straight to, he was admittedly a little relieved to not have to tick off the many Flying Types above his head. Double weaknesses were a pain. Lucan on the other hand, oddly calm and happy and nowhere near as scared as he normally was.

 

The snow probably had something to do with that.

 

However the key word in their plan was ‘try’, as fate seemed to have other ideas. The pair’s path was blocked by what seemed to be a small mob of trainers and Pokémon. They probably would have stopped to investigate and/or fight them considering the circumstances, but then Jamie saw who they were ganging up against.

 

“Pelleas!” Jamie called while tossing four Pokéballs on the ground.

 

The Heracross needed no further motivation.

 

Hold on tight, Pelleas warned the Eevee on his head, revealing his wings.

 

The Heracross flew low across the ground, ready to punch the nearest opponent in the back with his Brick Break. The Eevee on his head held tightly onto his horn as he charged, and unbeknownst to Pelleas used Helping Hand on him. The Helping Hand seemed to have an odd side-effect on Pelleas, as the Heracross felt his Brick Break change not only in power but in nature.

 

Aggron was having a somewhat pretty good day. There was lots of fighting, so that was a plus. The fighting in front of him however was behind waves and waves of water, which was a minus. But the Swampert couldn’t hold it up forever right? And when the waves died down, the fun would begin.

 

And it would have, had a flurry of punches not struck him from behind.

 

Aggron’s day wasn’t so good after that.

 

OOC: Pelleas forgot Brick Break and learned Close Wombat… I mean Combat.

 

Full list of the Pokémon being fought by both Arthurs and Lucia if she joins in, courtesy of randomizer.

 

Lawrence: Crobat, Machamp, Medicham
Unnamed Rocket with Randomized Team #1: Aggron, Dustox, Skarmory
Unnamed Rocket with Randomized Team #2: Darmanitan, Magmortar, Talonflame
Unnamed Rocket with Randomized Team #3: Quilfish, Ledian, Gyarados
Unnamed Rocket with Randomized Team #4: Sawsbuck, Gourgeist, Swanna
Unnamed Rocket with Randomized Team #5: Stunfisk, Flareon, Pelipper

 

If anyone wants to give these guys names/personalities go ahead.


Edited by Totally Colette; Not Minun, Mar 01 2015 - 10:01 PM.

  • 0

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg


#6983 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2015 - 10:04 PM

IC: Sina
Sina was, in every way, the perfect opposite to Ryan and his Pokémon: they a longstanding team war-forged through experience, she a singularity somewhat new to battle; they shining juggernauts of power and strength, she a speedy, shadowy sneak; they rumbling in wrathful rage, she still and silent, cool as the Ice defining her Type.

As the Dewott leaped into the air, and two new allies joined the fight, the calculating creature counted the seconds as numerous massive attacks pounded their opponents into submission. One...two...the Remoraid went down. Three...four...now the Gliscor pinned down. Five...six...

Now.

Three Ice Shards--one, two, three. One for the Salamence, writhing in pain--a Shard to the throat meant it wouldn't again. Two for the Gliscor, strained hard to get free--one more to the chest made sure that would not be. Three for the Trainer, once swelled up with pride--now trapped under ice, and doomed to the Rock Slide.

But Tango's full payment was not quite complete...the Sneasel still had to make everything neat. So laying a finger aside of her neck, a faint-feeling pulse the Dark-type did detect.

A swift, sharp, slice, a splash of red--a moment more, the woman was dead.

Before anything else could interfere, Sina sped back to her master, knowing her mission had been a success.

Few people alive could say that Amelia Zann found them important. The late Ashley Tango had made herself so...too important for the spy to allow her to remain alive.

Sina was, in every way, the perfect opposite of Ryan and his Pokémon: where they had found within the will to hold back...Sina, like her master, had learnt the opposite.

Edited by Flipz, Mar 01 2015 - 10:07 PM.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#6984 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 01:56 AM

IC: Madison

Madison took a deep breath and nodded slowly. "I- I know..." she muttered. "It's just... what if we aren't so lucky next time? What if one of the others...?"

 

"Hey, snap out of it," the Pelipper trainer said. "The only thing you'll accomplish by losing your head is... well, literally losing your head. You've gotta keep it together. Don't think about it."

 

The skier nodded as they arrived at Stacy's house. "A-alright. I'll try..."

 

IC: Palmer

Before Palmer or Natalie could react, the Sneasel shot forward several Ice Shards, impaling the attacking Pokémon. The waitress stifled a horrified gasp as three more Ice Shards made their way to the Rocket trainer, followed by Excadrill's Rock Slide. Palmer made to step forward, then stopped as the Sneasel leapt forward and sliced the woman's throat.

 

A red stain splattered on the white snow. Palmer froze, hardly believing his eyes. The Sneasel whooshed past them in a pink blur, quickly catching up to its trainer who was being carried off by Cresselia.

 

Natalie stared at the small pool of blood. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words seemed to come. Her Aipom landed beside her, equally horrified. They were dead. The Salamence, the Gliscor, and their trainer. They were all dead. Around them lay the crumpled forms of a Mantyke, Remoraid, Fletchinder, and Sigilyph; no doubt the remaining partners of the deceased trainer. They had been fortunate to have fainted earlier in the battle, for it was only their unconscious state that had spared them the fate of their teammates. "T-these Pokémon..." the waitress finally stammered in a small voice. "They... they'll need a new home."

 

Palmer nodded and walked up to the dead Rocket, grabbing four Pokéballs from her belt. The Frontier Brain looked to the assorted citizens in their troop. "Anyone who's willing to look after these Pokémon, feel free," he said, recalling the trainerless Pokémon to their capsules. One by one, three citizens approached, choosing the Sigilyph, Mantyke, and Remoraid.

 

Natalie herself walked up, taking the Fletchinder's ball in her hand. "I think this poor little guy will make a great addition to my team," she said with a sad smile. The Aipom on her shoulder nodded.

 

"Very well," Palmer said, looking back to dead Rocket. "There's nothing else we can do for her, save for giving her a proper burial when this fiasco's over. Now, we should focus on catching up with Ryan and Cresselia. They were headed to the Pokémon Center. We should make haste." He quickly recalled Ryan's Pokémon, placing their capsules on his belt for safekeeping.

 

IC: Cresselia

Cresselia sped toward the Pokémon Center as fast as her Psychic powers could carry her. She was aware of the Sneasel hitching a ride. And she was aware of what the Sneasel had done. But she could worry about that later. It was clear the Sneasel meant no harm to any of the trainers on her back. What mattered now was getting the two women the medical attention they needed.

 

The Furret curled up next Shannon, doing her best to comfort the girl. For her part, Shannon seemed to be slipping in and out of consciousness. She was not aware of the battle that had so brutally ended behind her. She was only dimly aware of the ground moving quickly beneath her. Her Furret cooed worriedly, using her tail to wipe the snow off Shannon's back.

 

It wasn't long before the Lunar Pokémon arrived at the Center. The glass doors slid open at her arrival, and the nurse looked up in surprise at the appearance of a Legendary Pokémon carrying wounded humans. In her experience, it was usually the other way around: the humans brought in the injured Pokémon. Nevertheless, she called a pair of Chansey out to the lobby, wheeling a hospital bed. "What happened?" she asked the group in general, as the Furret began squeaking intensely.


Edited by Konuju, Mar 02 2015 - 02:02 AM.

  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#6985 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 02:27 AM

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan had been so focused on what was going on with the two girls, that he had not seen the outcome of the fight. It was very likely a miracle that was the case, too, especially since he was berating himself for letting his rage get the better of him in the first place. Ryan looked up, as he saw the Pokemon Center come into view. As the legend headed inside, Ryan hopped off quickly, and looked at the nurse with a grim look on his face.

"There's a war going on outside. More injured out there, I'm sure, but please heal them!" Ryan said, as he motioned to the two girls; but making sure to bring the nurse's attention to Shannon especially. "My friend's had... a very rough time, and she really, really needs attention quickly." Ryan urged, as he glanced over at Shannon, to see if she was still okay, still worried even though they were there.

  • 0

#6986 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 03:54 AM

IC - Sonja Baron (Loki)/Maddison Hayes (Jynx) - Fortree City, Ground Level:

 

"You sense nothing because your mind is closed off," Hayes said. "And it is that same closure that hampers your ability to understand the greater world. Jynx, Protect!"

 

As the flaming boar bore down upon her, Jynx threw her hands up again. Again she produced a field of protective energy, the field cascading into existence around her until the very ground was touched. Yet even with the Protect in place, the force of Boarlite and Monstro's attack knocked the Humanshape Pokémon back several steps, a clear strain on her mind.

 

And it was here that Sonja saw her chance.

 

"That only works once, Sophia!" she called. "Loki, take her out!" The Fighting-Type grinned and nodded, charging forward. As the last vestiges of Jynx's Protect dispersed into the air around her, Loki appeared in front of her. He moved too fast for her to react, slamming his canes into the ground and then clasping his hands above his head, before bringing them down upon the ground before him. Even with Jynx's attempt to dodge, she could do nothing to stop the resulted Stone Edge that erupted underneath her, throwing her backwards.

 

She landed with a heavy thud against the ground, her lack of movement indicating that she was stunned from the impact. Yet soon she managed to recovered, shakily pushing herself onto her knees. Teeth clenched, she raised her hands, launching forward a triplet of Nasty Plot-enhanced Ice Beams, which struck her three opponents. Loki's grin vanished as he became encased in ice, left to only stare out at Hayes and Jynx.

 

At the very least, the Humanshape Pokémon collapsed after the attack, fainted from the exertion.

 

Hayes recalled her, her expression betraying no anger. "Well done," the Second Child said. "Now onto the next." She hurled another Poké Ball forward, this one containing her Kricketune. The Bug-Type brandished its razor-like arms threateningly, clearly remembering the last time it had seen Evan and Sonja.

 

"Can you keep up whatever momentum you think you've got?" Sonja asked. She, too, recalled her Pokémon, and after careful consideration, sent out Athena. The Pidove fluttered through the air for several seconds before landing, her chippy expression slowly dissolving as she became aware of the tense atmosphere around her, as well as the presence of her fully-evolved opponent.

 

"If you're going to send out first-stage Pokémon against the rest of my team, then yes, I can."

 

Sonja did not respond to this. "So what's this 'greater world' that we don't seem to be able to understand?"

 

Sophia did not respond to this.

 

IC - Esen Windred - Dendemille Town, Abandoned Windmills:

 

As a Flying-Type specialist, Esen had spent countless hours studying various Pokémon of the type, learning their behaviors, their calls, their abilities--everything she could possibly need to know to create effective bonds with them should she ever find them in her possession. Noivern were not an exception. It had been through those hours of study that she had convinced herself of the need to own a Noivern, recognizing how beneficial its power would be for her in future situations.

 

It was those same banks of knowledge that made her--and by extension Bat--hesitate to attack this particular Noivern.

 

Most may have read its initial actions toward her as aggressive, and responded in kind. But Esen could tell that something was off. The Noivern growled at her, clearly disliking her presence in the windmill, yet the noise brought with it more of an air of suspicion than it did a sense of territorial conflict. The look in its eyes, too, was not anger--merely confusion. As if he had seen her kind and knew it to be an enemy, yet did not specifically recognize her.

 

Like a very specific someone had made transgressions against it--as evidenced by the burn marks on its side, where it seemed some sort of cattle prod had applied.

 

That was why Esen eased up, keeping her own careful eye on the Pokémon as she raised her hands, aiming to demonstrate that she meant no harm. The wild Pokémon, in turn, circled around her, watching her very, very carefully. Finally, it dared to approach, almost eliciting a sharp hiss from Bat that only stopped at a quick "Shh!" from his trainer, who slowly held a hand out.

 

The Noivern eased as it sniffed her palm, apparently deciding that she could be trusted.

 

"Good girl," Esen said, finally releasing the breath that she had not known she was holding. "It's okay. You have every reason to be wary of me. But I don't want to hurt you." She reached into her bag, producing a Rawst Berry. "Here--this should help you, if you'll take it."

 

Though hesitant, the Sound Wave Pokémon eventually accepted, eating the berry from her palm. It even allowed Esen, smiling, to gently rub her head.

 

"I think I can understand what you've gone through," she said, quiet. "You're by yourself, and someone took that as an invitation to hurt you. Didn't they?" She sighed. "Seems like that's all there is to people these days . . ."

 

The Noivern did not seem to be paying much attention to her. But she did suddenly lift her head up, a look of alarm in her eyes as she to look toward one wall. With a frightened chirp, the Pokémon turned and fled, hiding among the rafters again. Esen stared after her, and then followed where her gaze had been, listening. At first she could not hear much of interest. Gradually, however, the trainer became aware of many bat-like cries, slowly dispersing. Then, moments later, the sound of a running truck began to stand out.

 

She furrowed her brow, confused, and then glanced up at the Noivern, who had turned to look at her again with suspicion. Esen held a hand up. "Stay here," she said, and then turned, hurrying outside. Bat stared after her, not immediately following. Instead the Swoobat looked back up at its fellow bat, sending a short, telepathic message to her before following after his trainer.

 

IC - Ethan Worth (Serena, Céris)/Gavin Braner (Irest, Ithes)/Skye Hall (The Human Torchic)/Leigh Rosemary (Carnivine)/Rocket Strike Team Alpha (Jenner/Marowak, Nakamura/Kingdra, Dufour/Weezing, Venet/Stantler) - Celadon City, Streets:

  

The particular street of Celadon City upon which Ethan Worth, Gavin Braner, Skye Hall, and five other Rocket Agents composing Strike Team Alpha could be described at this instant with one word: Bedlam. Even with each combatant limiting their self to roughly one Pokémon each, they each found it extremely difficult to keep track of what was happening and when it had happened.

 

The breakdown went as thus:

 

Gavin Braner + Irest and Ithes v. Agent Nakamura + Kingdra and Agent Dufour + Weezing

 

For Gavin, these opponents were not particularly difficult. Each was hindered by separate circumstances, and thus his number of variables were limited--it was merely a matter of getting his opponents down and out. It was a maneuverability issue; for though the Water-Type and Poison-Type could both float, their ability to navigate the storm of snow rested on their ability to combat the blowing winds, which was easier said than done. This was not necessarily a problem for either Ithes or Irest.

 

This would not take long.

 

"Ithes, Hydro Pump on Weezing!" the Rocket Agent called. "Irest, Cross Poison to Kingdra!"

 

"Weezing, Sludge Bomb!"

 

"Dragon Pulse, Kingdra!"

 

The two sides charged and launched their attacks. It was a fairly typical affair: The Hydro Pump and Sludge Bomb collided, the former winning out yet still missing due to Weezing's dodge. As Irest charged, the Kingdra launched a Dragon Pulse, striking him in the chest though not fainting him. And from there it continued like that, for a rather inordinate amount of time--a series of attacks and counterattacks that dealt little damage and accomplished virtually nothing of value for either side.

 

Clearly, this would require something different.

 

Something unexpected.

 

Like a shurikan.

 

"Ithes, Rapid Spin on my signal! Irest--throw him!"

 

The Drapion gave Gavin a look suggesting he was insane, though decided to go along with the move anyway. Picking up the Water-Type, he took careful aim--and then began to spin, building up momentum. Finally, he let go, successfully launching Ithes in the direction of their opposition.

 

"Ithes--now!"

 

And that was when Ithes began to spin. Powered by the throw, he slammed into Weezing, launching the Poison-Type backwards. Ithes's own spinning allowed him to redirect his course, bouncing back and striking Kingdra in the head. The Dragon Pokémon fell to the ground, fainted from the impacted, while Weezing huffed as it struggled to rise again. Seeing this, Irest charged forward, slamming the Poison-Type into the ground with his tail. The attack managed to knock it out.

 

"Impressive!" Nakamura called as he recalled his Kingdra. "But can you defeat this so easily?" He reached for another Poké Ball on his belt, as did Dufour.

 

Gavin whistled, sending Ithes hurtling forward again. The Starmie slammed into both Rocket Agents, winding them and knocking them to the ground.

 

"Honestly," he said. "I'd prefer it if we could cut some corners here." With that, he recalled his Pokémon, hurrying away.

 

 

Skye Hall + The Human Torchic v. Agent Leigh Rosemary + Carnivine

 

This was perhaps the most difficult fight that Skye had taken part of, even considering Havoc. At least against her opponent there, she had had others to back her up; but now? Now she was expected to take on this Agent Rosemary by herself, and she was not entirely confident in her ability to do so. The Human Torchic seemed to shiver in the cold, clearly not used to the snow, and this overall discomfort did not appear to be lost on the Rocket Agent.

 

"Looks like your friends've abandoned you," Rosemary said. Her own Carnivine spun in the air, shivering more than Torchic for entirely different reasons. "You sure you don't want to give up, kid?"

 

"I feel that would be counter-intuitive to my well-being," Skye said. "Moreso than an actual battle. If that makes sense."

 

"I get it," Rosemary said. "You want a chance to defend yourself. Maybe to even prove yourself." She smirked. "Admirable, but unwise--as you're about to find out. Carnivine, use Crunch."

 

On the order, the Grass-Type lunged forward, large mouth wide-open. The Human Torchic cheeped in suppressed fear at the daunting sight, before kicking backwards, causing Carnivine to slam into the ground. A cloud of snow and dirt erupted upward from the impact, forcing Torchic to turn to avoid being blinded. Skye, too, covered her face.

 

"Torchic, use Ember!"

 

The Chick Pokémon puffed up, releasing a short burst of flame at his target. Though it struck, Carnivine did not seem fazed by the attack, instead merely pushing itself up from the ground and shooting forward again. Though Torchic dodged, this time the Grass-Type nicked his side, causing the Fire-Type to grimace in pain. He continued to pelt the Bug Catcher Pokémon's hide with small fire balls, each one proving just as ineffective as the last.

 

Rosemary laughed. "You see, kid?" she said. "You're not going to beat me--that Torchic of yours just isn't strong enough." The Rocket Agent's uncrossed her arms. "Carnivine, hit it with Power Whip!"

 

With what sounded like a cackle, the Grass-Type thrust its arm sideways, a powerful vine erupting from its hand and slamming against Torchic's frail body. The attack sent the Fire-Type reeling past Skye, who could only bring herself to watch in shock as the small bird skidded to a stop behind her, with no signs of movement.

 

"Torchic!" she cried, running to his side. Skye crouched down beside him, gingerly picking up the Fire-Type and cradling him in her arms. She was surprised to find that he was still conscious, and just barely able to move his head in order to glare at the Carnivine who had injured him. He made a slowly and pained motion, clearly trying to get back to his feet. "Torchic, no! You're too hurt to do anything else."

 

Despite her pleas, the Chick Pokémon continued to struggle against her hold. His desperation--his clear desire to protect his trainer, futile as it seemed--shocked Skye, and she could not help but feel her throat slowly clench, a sensation accompanied by the tears welling in her eyes.

 

"Torchic . . ."

 

Across the field, Rosemary sighed. "Enough of this," she said. "Carnivine, finish them off."

 

Skye gasped. She turned just in time to see the Grass-Type lunge again, mouth open and ready for another Crunch--this one aimed at her. And in that moment, she knew true powerlessness.

 

Torchic suddenly stopped, his eyes growing wide as he watched, as if in slow motion, the impending death of his trainer. Millions of thoughts ran through his head, all of them centered around the same, single concept:

 

Protect.

 

He took a deep breath, opening his beak. While he had intended another Ember to fly, instead he produced something much more helpful: A blazing stream of fire. The Flamethrower attack caught the Carnivine dead-on, burning its face and causing it to divert its course, landing several feet away from where Skye and Torchic sat. The trainer stared, baffled, at the injured Grass-Type, and then turned her head to Torchic as a warm light enveloped his form.

 

"Torchic . . .?" she said. "You're . . . You're evolving?"

 

So he was. His body became bipedal, claws growing larger, arms sprouting from his body. At last, Skye held not a Torchic, but a Combusken--one still badly injured from the battle, but still energized by his transformation. Gently, he pushed Skye's hands away, and then rose to his feet, taking a moment to gain his balance. At the same time, Carnivine stirred, slowly recovering.

 

Rosemary blinked away her surprise, shaking her head. "You're lucky, I suppose," she said. "But this won't change anything."

 

The Human Torchic growled in response. Skye looked between her Pokémon and Rosemary apprehensively. Finally, she settled on the enemy trainer. "I wouldn't be so sure about that." She pushed herself up. "After all, the hero always wins in the end."

 

Though starting slowly, Combusken finally gained enough momentum to slam into the injured Carnivine, knocking it back into the snow. He wasted no time in reaching down, taking hold of the Grass-Type's vine-like legs and beginning to pull, and then spin. Soon he had gained enough speed to launch it into the air, where he finished it off with another Flamethrower. Rosemary had only a moment to step out of the way of the burning Bug Catcher Pokémon before it landed on her, unfortunately still catching the brunt of the searing flames in the process. She cried out in pain, gripping her burned nose, and barely managing to recall her Pokémon before fleeing, calling for medical attention.

 

Combusken smirked after her, though soon collapsed to his knee, prompting Skye to run to his side again. This time, however, she smiled, wiping away the last vestiges of the tears in her eyes. "Buddy," she said. "That was amazing." Combusken chirped happily at his trainer. "Let's get you healed up, okay?"

 

 

Ethan Worth + Serena and Céris v. Agent Jenner + Marowak and Agent Venet + Stantler

 

The biggest problem with these second-rate Rocket Agents, as Ethan had discovered, was that they were not at all against the idea of using their ill-begotten "Executive privilege" to justify lethal force. At least, this was the case with these particular Agents, Jenner and Venet, who had taken to pulling their pistols on him in addition to sending their Pokémon after his own.

 

Thus this battle had become less about his ability to effectively command Pokémon and more about how well he could put the advanced CQC training he had received into practice.

 

Part of that involved free-running and--more useful at the current moment--taking cover. Which he was now doing. Celadon was great for this in that the city was dotted with various decorative statues, many of them set beside the streets. Currently, he hid behind a large, bronze sculpture of a Vileplume, a monument that had been erected in honor of Erika some time ago. The sound of shots echoed through the air every few seconds, and those shots, too, were dotted with the occasional clang of metal striking metal--bullets bouncing off of said Vileplume statue.

 

He was not alone in attempting to deal with this inconvenience. Céris darted around his Marowak opponent, sidestepping attacks as quickly as he could whilst simultaneously attempting to work his way in Ethan's direction. This was proving to be extremely difficult, as the Ground-Type was quickly proving itself to be more than capable of matching the Scizor's speed with equally strong attacks. Céris would dodge around one Bone Rush, only to find himself just within the path of a Fire Punch, which would then shift into a localized Earthquake that required him to jump backward to avoid taking damage.

 

All in all, his defensive game was being pushed to the limit.

 

Serena was not fairing much better.

 

It seemed that Venet's Stantler held some sort of grudge against the Deerling's evolutionary line, as it had slipped into a sort of bull-like rage upon seeing her--quite a strange sight for a reindeer, all things considered. Few blows had been traded thus far, as after the first few--including a Jump Kick that had dealt somewhat serious damage to Serena--the Deerling had fled, turning their battle into an all-out chase. She darted to and fro, weaving about where she could in an attempt to lose her pursuer; all the while, the Stantler merely growled, continuing after her, its horns and snout constantly glowing with the ready signs of some unknown attack.

 

Her situation was not invisible to Ethan, who found that he could only shout out orders until an opportunity arose for him to strike. And knowing all that he knew about the current situation, he could see that the key to their victory rested on one simple part of the equation: Serena's ability to get that Stantler off of her trail.

 

But how?

 

. . . Of course!

 

"Serena!" he yelled. "Camouflage!"

 

The Deerling looked up in surprise, only briefly catching a glimpse of his encouraging nod as she passed by. But that was all she needed, as the move's utility registered to her. Taking a deep breath, she concentrated, working to become one with her surroundings.

 

Stantler slid to a halt as the Deerling's color changed, allowing her to blend in almost perfectly with the deep snow around them. The one tell-tale sign that could have given her away immediately--her footsteps--would not betray her, for it seemed that she was taking care to tread only when and where it could not see her movements.

 

Appropriately, her ambush came by total surprise--a Grass Whistle that carried with the howling wind, almost inaudible. But it worked. The sensation of music and snow melded together in the Stantler's head, instantly throwing it into a half-asleep state from which it struggled to escape. Frantic, the Big Horn Pokémon launched off a Thunderbolt in front of it, scorching the earth and sending up a cloud of snowy dust. Serena responded with another Grass Whistle. This time, the Stantler could not resist the move.

 

It fell to the ground.

 

And with herself free, Serena could turn the tide.

 

First she charged Céris's opponent, finally reappearing into full view. The Marowak grunted in surprise as she slammed into its side, knocking it back. With a grateful nod at the Deerling, Céris lunged, using his own Agility and Double Hit combination to turn the tables on the Ground-Type. The Bone Keeper Pokémon responded in kind, swinging its marrow weapon in time enough to match each of the Scizor's hits. Eventually,Céris stepped back, letting the Marowak's momentum carrying it forward, before using the opening to slam a Night Slash straight into the Ground-Type's stomach, launching it across the field.

 

That left only Ethan to save.

 

Serena led the way, Céris directly behind. Neither of Ethan's opponents appeared to have noticed their Pokémons' defeats, instead choosing to continue focusing on attacking the Final Rocket. And for a moment, it seemed that no even the charging Scizor and Deerling could distract them. That was, at least, until said Deerling's body began to glow brightly, becoming engulfed in a rainbow of white, green, red, and orange. This finally got their attention, the bright rays briefly blinding Céris, Jenner, and Venet, so much so that they could not see her body grow larger, fur growing longer, horns elongating--and it was these that she used to knock their guns out of their hands. 

 

And there's my opening.

 

Ethan wasted no time in darting out from behind his hiding place, making a beeline for the enemy Rockets. Though he was unused to running in snow, and almost slipped several times, he forced himself on, using his momentum to tackle Venet to the ground. Rolling off of her, he swept his foot under Jenner's, tossing him off balance; he soon fell, hitting his head against the ground hard enough to daze him. As Venet moved to retaliate, Ethan grabbed a handful of snow, tossing it in her face and briefly blinding her, granting Ethan enough time to swing his leg around again and slam his shin against the Rocket's head, knocking her to the cold ground.

 

Céris offered his trainer a hand, pulling him to his feet. Ethan panted, taking a moment to catch his breath before nodding in approval at the Scizor and now-Sawsbuck. "Great work," he said. "Now it's time to find the others."

 

OOC:

 

 

586.png 

 

 

Species: Sawsbuck.

Nickname: Serena.

Trainer: Ethan Worth.

Appearance: Serena looks like a normal Sawsbuck in all of her forms.

Personality: Serena is very careful, much like a normal deer would be. She takes her time studying others before getting near them, so as to be better prepared in case they try to do anything to her. Generally, Serena is kind and gentle, though a little icy around strangers. She has taken quite a liking to Ethan since joining his team, and feels fully at home amongst her fellow Grass-Types; as such she is extremely loyal to him and would lay down her life if his became threatened.

Ability: Serene Grace.

Specialty: With her evolution, Serena's speed and attack power have increased tremendously. Her defenses are no longer as fragile as they once were, though she still finds it difficult to take too many hits without fainting. Her support attacks are more developed, allowing her to utilize them more effectively than she could before.

Known Moves: Nature Power, Aromatherapy, Jump Kick, Horn Leech, Grass Whistle (Egg Move), Megahorn.

 

+Megahorn

Camouflage > Nature Power

Double Kick > Jump Kick

Take Down > Horn Leech

 

The Human Torchic:

-Torchic > Combusken

--Ember > Flamethrower

--Peck > Double Kick

--Quick Attack > Slash

 

 

IC - ??? - Celadon City, Streets:

 

He paced.

 

So it seems that we have a deadlock: Pawns all placed such that any move results in a counter, no side gaining nor losing significant ground.

 

He stopped. From the balcony he stood upon the battlefield did, indeed, reveal its secrets; and though he had only a limited view from which to directly observe, those steps and movements within his domain told him much more. And so it was thus that allowed him to know and make his proclamations.

 

Both sides move without clear objective--one merely to defend, one to destroy. This must change if my own is to be completed.

 

He held a hand out, the snow and shadows coalescing into a purple Poké Ball. This he threw, the motion commanding it to open and unleash its contained servant into the world. The light within materialized into a Rapidash, outfitted with riding gear fit for a one of prestigious descent--as he was. The Fire Horse Pokémon's warm breath showed against the cool air as it breathed, a steady stream that shuddered only as he climbed up and into the saddle, taking her reins in his hands.

 

Let the fire guide them forth through this, the most dangerous of storms.

 

With his gentle prodding, she moved, the pair making their way through the building and towards their destination . . .

 

IC:

 

Relinquish that human self which remains. The all-consuming hunger will wait no longer; it is time to accept that which you know to be your true nature: The voracious beast that knows only its own need for unattainable contentment . . .


Edited by Apears, Mar 02 2015 - 04:06 AM.

  • 0

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~


#6987 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 06:08 PM

-==IC: Erika==-

Erika nodded, as she began to head toward the south side of the city with the ten trainers and Dahlia. She noticed the Ice Shard and was about to react to counter it when Zach and Olivia blocked the blow. Erika nodded thanks, and then motioned to the others, as she began to run toward the south end of the city, recognizing that moving slowly would not help anything.

-==IC: Stacy==-

Stacy placed her hand on Madison's shoulder with a comforting smile. "No-one ever said it was easy, dear. But, Trevor's right. We won't get anywhere like that; but I can't blame you for feeling the way you do. We'll protect each other the best we can, and that's all that's certain, though." Stacy explained, as she opened the door quickly, ushering the group that was with them inside. "Right, let's get to the roof, we'll have better luck fending the flying Pokemon off there."

  • 0

#6988 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2015 - 08:23 PM

IC: Madison

The door to the mansion closed, cutting off the sounds of the battle raging outside and plunging the group into an almost eerie silence. Had the situation not been so desperate, Madison would have been in awe of the size of Stacy's mansion. Many of the citizens murmured amongst themselves. However, Stacy quickly ushered Madison and a couple others up the grand staircase and over to a narrow flight of stairs that spiraled up to the roof.

 

Madison couldn't tell if it was the fact that they had just come from a pressing silence or the fact that they were closer to the action, but the sounds of battle seemed even louder when Stacy opened the door to the roof. Madison's hair whipped about in the strong wind, and she had to shield her face against the icy storm that blew above the city. The harsh wind seemed to shake her back to her senses, as the skier looked around at the army flying above them. "Alright, Anzu!" she cried. "Quickly, while we still have the advantage of surprise! Shoot them down! Just be careful not to hit Dack by mistake."

 

The Froslass peered through the clouds. One by one she picked out her targets, and, after making sure they weren't Dack and Swellow, fired a series of Ice Shards to freeze their wings. For the moment it was a relatively easy process, but Madison knew it would only be a matter of time before the Rockets started realizing they were being shot at from a rooftop.

 

IC: Furret

As Ryan Hikari sat in the lobby of the Pokémon Center, Shannon's Furret darted around impatiently. The nurse, with the help of her Chansey, had taken both Shannon and Amelia into the back for immediate attention. Furret had tried to follow, but one of the Chanseys blocked the door, indicating that the doctors could not have anyone interfering with their operations. So instead the Furret had taken to pacing the lobby, her long tail twitching in anxiety.

 

Cresselia sat in the corner of the lobby, ignoring the curious stares of the citizens in the lobby. Amelia's Sneasel stood motionless nearby; the exact opposite of the worrying Furret. Ryan, for his part, remained silent. The Furret could only guess that he was brooding about Shannon's current condition. After all, that was the only thing on the Furret's own mind. The waiting was driving her crazy. Waiting, waiting, and not knowing the condition of her trainer. Seconds dragged on into minutes. And she could do nothing but wait and hope.

 

At long last a door opened. The Furret poked her head up. It was not the emergency room door, but rather the front entrance. A large group of people entered the Pokémon Center, and although the Furret would not know him, Ryan would recognize Tower Tycoon Palmer at the head of the group. Four members of the group instantly split off to crowd around the front desk, where a lone Chansey aided them in healing their Pokémon.

 

One of the members of the group pointed a finger at Sina. "That's the one!" he cried. "That's the Sneasel who--"

 

He was quickly hushed by Palmer, who approached Ryan. "What did you order that Sneasel to do?" the Frontier Brain asked in a harsh whisper. He passed a handful of Pokéballs back to the trainer. "Both it and your other Pokémon's attacks went too far. I know this is a war, but we have to draw the line somewhere. Otherwise we're no worse than Hannah's army. What are you playing at?"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#6989 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 03 2015 - 08:32 PM

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan looked up, both a worried and confused look on his face from everything, as he accepted the Pokeballs. He was especially confused because of what the one person had said, alongside Palmer's comments. "What Sneasel?" Ryan asked in honest confusion, and then blinked, as he looked down at the pink Pokemon, as that clicked.

"That's not my Sneasel, that belongs to that other red haired girl." Ryan said, but then paused, as he looked up to Palmer, a look of dread on his face. "... How did you get here so fast...?" Ryan asked, as he had a bad feeling he did not want to know the answer to that question, especially after Palmer's tone.

  • 0

#6990 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2015 - 09:12 PM

IC: Palmer

The Frontier Brain frowned. "Then you don't know what happened?"

 

"That Sneasel," interjected the man who had pointed a finger at the pink Pokémon before. "Is a cold-blooded killer. That Rocket you were fighting? Slit her throat. And murdered her other Pokémon as well. Although it certainly seemed to be working alongside your Tyranitar and Excadrill." The man cast a suspicious look at Ryan.

 

"The battle was over the moment you left," Palmer said grimly. "Although I have to agree, your Pokémon were pretty merciless as well, even if they weren't the ones to strike the killing blow."

 

Natalie, having left the Fletchinder with the Chansey, walked over towards Palmer, overhearing the tail end of their conversation. "So the Sneasel is that girl's?" she asked darkly, casting a wary eye towards the Dark-Type. "I'm guessing she's not this Shannon you were looking for. Who is she, anyway? I didn't see her in your little group at the restaurant. Where did she come from?"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#6991 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 03 2015 - 11:57 PM

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan looked shocked as he learned the fate of the Rocket, and frowned, as he closed his eyes. "... That Rocket nearly killed Shannon. I just... Lost myself in rage when I saw what was happening, and heard her screams." Ryan said quietly, as he recalled the incident, as he looked up to Natalie.

"I don't know." Ryan admitted to Natalie, and frowned. "She showed up as we were leaving Shannon's place, and basically forced Dack into letting her help us." Ryan explained, and then stayed quiet for a little longer. "... I'm not sure what would have happened if you hadn't shown up when you did..." Ryan said, a guilty look on his face, as he wished that he could've done more to protect Shannon in the first place, and just not lost his temper.

  • 0

#6992 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2015 - 12:56 AM

IC: Palmer/Natalie

The Frontier Brain placed a hand on Ryan's shoulder. "You may have lost yourself. But you came back. And that's what matters."

 

Natalie narrowed her eyes. "It doesn't matter what your intentions were," she said. "Sure, she almost killed Shannon. Well now she's dead herself! Feel any better?"

 

"Natalie," Palmer said calmly. "Now's not the time to--"

 

"When I signed up for this, I was signing up to defend Celadon," Natalie said, glaring at Ryan. "Not strike down its enemies. And if that Sneasel's trainer wasn't in the emergency room, I'd have some choice words for her too!"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#6993 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 04 2015 - 01:20 AM

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan winced slightly, as he stared at the floor, even though Palmer had placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "... You're right..." Ryan said to Natalie, even though he didn't look up. "In the end, I guess I'm just the same as I've always been." Ryan mumbled the latter part more to himself, though Palmer might have heard it due to proximity.

"I'd say I'm sorry, because I am, but that probably isn't going to help anything, because I know nothing will bring that Rocket back." Ryan said, as he stood up suddenly, head still angled toward the ground. "... Excuse me." Ryan said, as he moved toward where the emergency room door was; wondering if there was any way to see what might be happening, and if there were any updates, and... I got her involved. The thought echoed through Ryan's mind again, and he scowled, as he clenched his fists, and closed his eyes.

I snapped, went too far, that sneaky Sneasel took advantage... And that guy's words... Guess they came true after all. Ryan thought, as even then, he was certain he felt the eyes of the group targeted on his back. Sporting the exact same look of anger that he himself had often worn... And wore once more during that last fight. Ryan was tired; not just physically from that last fight and the emotional effects; but mentally too.

  • 0

#6994 Offline Metal Gear Minun

Metal Gear Minun
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

  • 31-July 03
  • 640 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2015 - 01:42 AM

OOC: Woot, Second Miriam post.

 

IC: Miriam – Chapel Meeting Room

“Thank you sir,” Miriam said addressing General Coleman “I’ll get straight to the point then.”

The bureaucrat pulled up several documents on her tablet and handed the device to the general.

“The first document I have there is the record of all communications to and from Celadon City for the last four days. Please note in this time frame that before any message arrives here, one message always appears leaving Chapel for Celadon approximately five minutes earlier. All of them. By itself, this is a statistical oddity with any number of explanations, but the current circumstances surrounding Celadon lead me to believe there is something far more sinister at work.”

Miriam waited a few moments for General Coleman to review the data as he wished, before bringing up the topic of the other documents.

“The second document is a transcript of the message we intercepted from Team Liberty, which implicates them for Groudon’s attack on Sootopolis. It's strange that the only message we have intercepted from this Liberty outpost in Celadon is the one message that perfectly incriminates them for the events in Sootopolis and reveals the aforementioned outpost. To say that this is convenient is severely understating the matter."

The final document was regarded with complete disdain by Miriam. But since it was of great importance, she had to bring it up.

“Spurred on by suspicions from these two sources, I researched all files pertaining to this army Executive Hannah had created. The final document shows Executive Wright's reasoning for raising an army during the cease-fire: to use her own words, it was 'just in-case such an army is needed'."

Miriam paused for a moment, as she swallowed her anger at the thought of the bureaucratic incompetence or malevolence of whatever bureaucrat was stationed at Chapel when the Executive’s order went through.

“The incredible vagueness in the Executive’s reasons are, quite frankly, more shifty than my Hippowdon’s Shiftry father. I also did not find a single report indicating that the reason for this army was ever sent to the Shadow Admins. Clearly either a grave oversight or a cover-up.”

Miriam took a second pause to calm herself once more, glad to be done with the topic.

“In conclusion, I believe there is a high chance that this invasion is completely unwarranted, and a ploy created by Executive Wright. For what purpose, however, I am not sure. At the very least, I believe there is definitely foul-play going on. I suggest her forces be immediately recalled and an investigation commenced into her actions and into our message system. My hope is that you will use your influence to get both requests fulfilled.”


  • 0

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg


#6995 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2015 - 02:04 AM

IC: Palmer/Natalie

"You're right, you can't do anything to help that Rocket agent now," Palmer said, following a few paces behind Ryan. "But your remorse -- that shows that you're better than Hannah's army. Don't take it for granted."

 

As Ryan approached the emergency room door, the Chansey at the desk quickly moved in his way, giving him the same stern look she'd given the Furret. She motioned for him to sit back down.

 

Ryan was about to turn away when the door burst open. The Chansey cried out in surprise as Shannon pushed her aside, nearly crashing into Ryan. "Stop!" the nurse cried out. "You need to rest!"

 

"What I need to do is talk to Hannah," Shannon said, moving to push Ryan out of her way. Her shoulder had been bandaged, but she still looked a little worse for wear. "That's the only thing that will put an end to this madness!"

 

"Maybe, but overexerting yourself will rip open your bandages!" the nurse cried. "Your body needs time to heal."

 

"While the rest of Celadon gets destroyed?" Shannon shot back, tears beginning to well up in her eyes. "I have to do this. I'm the only one who can stop her!" She turned away from the nurse, finding herself face to face with Ryan. "Out of my way, Hikari!"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#6996 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 04 2015 - 02:25 AM

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan stayed quiet in reaction to Palmer's response. Even if it were the truth, Ryan didn't believe it at that moment. Palmer didn't know what he had done only six months before, after all; how could he? But, at that moment, the door opened to an annoyed and teary-eyed Shannon. Ryan waited there, as she argued with the nurse, until she turned back around to face him.

Ryan was about to open his mouth to agree with the nurse; Shannon looked a bit better, but definitely not in the best of conditions at that moment. However, he remembered what he had said when he convinced her to head to the Pokemon Center, and closed his eyes for a moment. "Alright then." Ryan said, as he began to step out of the way, and then fall into step alongside Shannon. "But; I'm coming with you, because I have things to discuss with Hannah as well." Ryan said, as he frowned slightly. This wasn't going to redeem him. But he was not just going to let this slide, at all.

  • 0

#6997 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 04 2015 - 03:24 AM

IC: Albero Delargo

 

Albero shook his head at the whisper in his mind. It wasn't time yet. He had to hold on just a little longer, before 'that" happens.

 

"If you insist, Mr. Hakuda....", Albero said, shaking his head. "Be aware, though, if he loses, you will suffer the same fate. You will be consumed."

 

With those words, Albero sent out three more pokemon, those being a Hariyama, Metagross, and Swalot. As soon as they were sent out, Albero made a "Come at me!" gesture...

 

IC: Evan Tierra

 

Monstro, as tired as he was, was frozen solid by the Ice Beam. "One day...I'll be strong..." he thought as he fell into unconsciousness. Evan recalled his hard working Swampert and looked at Hayes.

 

"I can sort of sense what if going on.", Evan said, frowning. "But, I'm not worried. As much of an idiot he is, Ryan will be fine. He's got Ray to help deal with him. That leaves us to deal with you."

 

As he spoke, Evan sent out his next pokemon, which happened to be Vlad. Despite the situation, Vlad cheered at being sent out and clacked his pincers excitedly. He recognized this woman. He knew how dangerous she was. It didn't mean he wasn't going to enjoy this fight to the fullest.


  • 0

#6998 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2015 - 12:53 AM

IC: Ryan

"Ray," Ryan said as he looked at Albero's assembled team. "This is your last chance. I don't want you dead because of my sin. Contrary to how I was acting a few minutes ago," he added with a small flinch. "But if this 'Gluttony' has really come for me, then it looks like I'm the only one who can stop him. You'll just be getting in the way." He nodded to his Pokémon, then threw his seamitar with all his might. "Now!" he cried.

 

Ryan's Pokémon leapt into action. Samurott caught the seamitar and spun into a Razor Shell aimed at the Emboar. Togie took flight, launching an Aura Sphere at the Snorlax before vanishing amidst the dead branches of the surrounding trees. With a roaring battle cry, Garchomp charged toward the Rhyperior, lowering his thick skull as he aimed to attack with Iron Head. Missy giggled as she fired a Psybeam at the Hariyama. Ampere's wool crackled with electricity as a Thundershock arced over towards the Swalot. Quil's back erupted with fire. The Typhlosion knew it was a risky move to use his element in the middle of the forest, but this was a desperate situation. Focusing his powers, Quil send a concentrated Flamethrower towards the Metagross.


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#6999 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 05 2015 - 04:42 AM

IC - ??? - Celadon City, Central Park:

 

Rapidash's hoofs clocked rhythmic against the pavement, a sharp click-clack that cut through the sounds of battle all around. The snow seemed to bend and twist around him and his Pokémon, doing little if anything to impede progress toward their target. Indeed, nothing slowed him. Though combatants--Rockets and civilians--occasionally ran past him, he merely continued walking, slipping by without their notice. On the final leg of his journey, a wanton Rocket Agent stopped, and not recognizing him, brandished a Poké Ball.

 

"Hey, kid!" the Agent shouted. "Off the street, now, before I decide you're working with these punks!" When he did not respond, the Agent growled, rushing forward and reaching to pull him from Rapidash's back. "Hey! I'm talking to you, you little--!"

 

He grabbed the man by the wrist. The Rocket looked as if he was going to say something, though stopped when he realized that his hand was rapidly numbing, shards of ice beginning to cover his sleeve and glove. He struggled futilely against his grip.

 

For several moments, it looked as if the man's entire body would freeze over. Eventually, however, he relinquished his grip, tossing the man aside. "You are not worth my efforts," he said. "Continue your pettish quest, but do not even consider crossing my path again."

 

The man only nodded before scrambling to his feet and scampering off. With another prod, he continued on his way, eventually easing Rapidash to a stop as they entered Celadon's Central Park. The place was more or less a massive garden, large and circular in shape and resting almost within the very center of the city. And in the center of the circle there lay the city's greatest monument to its beloved Gym Leader: A massive tree, decorated with symbols and gifts no doubt related to some sort of local belief.

 

He smirked at the sight, and then looked down at Rapidash. "What better symbolism than the felling of the queen? A call to war, a call to defense--perhaps, even, a call to draw inward," he said. With a deep breath, the snowstorm began to ease--not stopping, but simply slowing, bestowing him with a clear line of sight for his target. And, hopefully, providing a clear line of sight for all to view the rising smoke . . .

 

"Rapidash, Flare Blitz."

 

IC - Sonja Baron (Athena)/Maddison Hayes (Kricketune) - Fortree City, Ground Level:

 

"Clearly, your faith in your friends is unshakable," Hayes said. "At least, for now it is. Kricketune, Brick Break." The Bug-Type shot forward, claws glowing. He headed straight for Athena, who took flight in an attempt to evade.

 

"Athena, Detect!" Sonja called. The Pidove's eyes flashed for a brief moment, allowing her to fully dodge at the last possible moment. Sonja breathed a sigh of relief before looking back to Hayes. "Are you expecting to change our minds by talking?"

 

"No," Hayes said. "But it's proving to be a great diversion, isn't it?" She pointed, prompting her sister to turn back to the battle just in time for Kricketune to change his stance into that of a Night Slash, which landed against Athena's side. The force of the attack sent her reeling, already barely able to hang on to consciousness.

 

IC - Lucia Zyther/Jamie Arthur Poké Gears - Celadon City, Streets:

 

Lucia and Jamie would soon receive a message. It was short and simple, straight to the point, and seemed to have been written by Ethan under a great deal of stress:

 

 

Where are you??

 

IC - Emmerich Coleman - Chapel, Meeting Room:

 

General Coleman pored over the files that Miriam had given him as she spoke, carefully combing through every pertinent detail. It seemed that just as with his impeccably perfect appearance, he would not let even the slightest detail regarding this incident slip under his radar if he could help it.

 

At last, he looked back up at her and nodded. "Consider it done--in time," he said. "Unfortunately Executive Wright's authority matches my own, which means that I will have to summon another Rocket on par with us to second the motion." He took an annoyed breath as another thought crossed his mind. "That, or get in contact with an available Shadow Admin, which in this case would be Bounty. Either way, this may take up to an hour before we see any real results. Do you have a proposal for action until then?"

 

IC:

 

if you insist Mr. Hakuda

 

if he loses

 

when

 

you will suffer the same fate

 

consumed

 

all the rest

 

one identity

 

devoured

 

one truth

 

one form

 

if you insist

 

if you resist

 

you will be consumed


Edited by Apears, Mar 05 2015 - 10:02 PM.

  • 0

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~


#7000 Offline Metal Gear Minun

Metal Gear Minun
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

  • 31-July 03
  • 640 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2015 - 09:51 PM

IC: Arthurs and a ton of Pokemon- Central Celadon

 

James was quite surprised to see Pelleas of all Pokémon show up (and with an Eevee on his back) but not enough for him to not be able to take advantage of his enemies’ surprise. The four Pokémon in front of James, charged at their respective targets, herding them apart to place the battle on the Executive’s terms. Jamie sent her Pokémon forth as well, towards the targets she believed them best able to fight.

 

Jamie noticed a buzz in her purse. She checked the offending device and saw Ethan's message.

 

 

We're near Celadon Condominiums, fighting a group of Rockets to rescue my brother.

 

Lancelot noticed Pelleas before anyone else (save maybe Galahad, but the Togekiss told him nothing). As such the Scizor prepared a Swords Dance as we waited for James’ order. When the order came, he swiftly U-Turned the Sawsbuck before spreading his wings and using Aerial Ace on the Gourgeist. With the power of the Swords Dance behind him, brought both Pokemon to their knees. Unfortunately though, when he finished his second attack he found himself badly positioned in comparison to the two Pokemon. The Sawsbuck used Thunder Wave while the Gourgeist used Will-o-wisp. The really horrible positioning left Lancelot with no way to dodge both even with Bullet Punch, so he bit the bullet and let himself by paralyzed rather than burned.

 

The Gourgeist was satisfied by this, and began to sap the Scizor’s health with Pain Split.

 

But Lancelot wouldn’t be stopped but such a setback.

 

Lancelot was not worried by the Fire-Types not only due to his own strength, but because Gawain was near him. When the defense ended, his Muddy Water went from a defensive stance to a direct offensive one. Gathering water from the snow and dirt from the ground, the Swampert unleashed one more Muddy Water directly at the Magmortar and the Darmanitan who tried to taunt Lancelot.

 

Surprisingly, the Magmortar was able to withstand the attack and the Darmanitan transformed allowing it to survive quite handily. Both Darmanitan and Magmortar began to charge light in their arms, weakened by the lack of sunlight (and disappointment when the Magmortar tried Sunny Day earlier) but the combined power would be enough to take out the Water-Ground Type.

 

Gawain knew he wouldn’t allow that to happen.

 

The Skarmory on the field sought to attack Pelleas with his Brave Bird when Percival appeared in front of him, surrounded by a circle of flame. The Fire Spin the Chandlure created transferred over to the Skarmory, trapping the Steel-Flying type in place. The Skarmory seemed undaunted however when it simply cast Toxic on Percival, poisoning the Ghost-Fire type. The Skarmory raised a Protect, to simply try and wait the Chandelure out…until the Chandelure appeared inside the Protect and unleashed Overheat.

 

The Skarmory was daunted before it fainted.

 

While his allies fought the opponents on the ground, Galahad took a much more aggressive approach towards pressuring his airborne opponents. Using his Thunder Wave, the Togekiss was able to paralyze the Swanna and the Pelipper in play, preventing them from attacking Percival with their water-type moves. However when he went for the Talonflame, the Fire-Flying proved quicker than Galahad was prepared for, not only dodging the Thunder Wave but striking at him with Brave Bird.

 

Following up his surprise Close Combat, the Heracross finished off the shocked by surprise Aggron with a Night Slash to his face. The new attack had the downside of weakening his defenses, something that he could not afford with a passenger on his back, and this resorted to the neutral hit. But the power of the first attack had been enough to put the Aggron in KO range of his Night Slash, as the second attack proved.

 

Trying to keep the momentum gained from his ambush, he spread his wings once more and tried to bring down a Dustox flying nearby. The Dustox however was taken off-guard and used Protect to cancel the Aerial Ace out. In a sudden reverse of momentum, the Dustox used Quiver Dance.

 

Lucan’s high spirits seemed to continue into the battle as he advanced towards a Ledian and a Crobat until they were both clearly in his range. His last battle versus the Diggersby gave both his heads an idea. Implementing it here, they both created an Ice Beam and launched the separate attacks at the two opponents. Each Ice-Beam was weaker than his normal one, but it nearly caught them both off guard. If not for the Ledian using Light Screen, the attack would have done major damage.

 

The Crobat followed in the Light Screen’s wake, advancing on Lucan and attempting to strike him with Cross Poison. The Ice-type used Acid Armor to protect himself, but felt the effects of poison.

 

He didn’t seem worried however. Perhaps a bit more cautious than earlier, but far more relaxed than his normal self. Maybe it was due to the fact he knew Ice Body had activated or that Lucia was right behind him, but the two headed ice cream cone still looked confident.

 

When he walked slowly over towards the Qwilfish he picked as his opponent, Grummore was surprised to watch it merely do nothing. He began to use his Future Sight to predict what possible threat the Qwilfish might represent. He could not foresee any offense taken by the Qwilfish to be of any danger to him. The Slowking prepared a mighty Psychic intent to try and take out the Qwilfish in one blow.

 

Unfortunately, Destiny Bond does not count as an offense.

 

The Slowking only regretted his miscalculation as fell into unconsciousness.

 

Using both Shell Smash and Whirlpool, the Shellder dubbed Bedevere charged toward a Pokémon that sort of looked like a ground type. He actually wasn’t sure what it was. It was so flat he nearly overlooked it. But as soon as he noticed it, he added water razors to his shell to strike the flat Pokémon with Razor Shell, and it reacted badly confirming his hopes. What he didn’t know was that it was also Electric.

 

The Shellder avoided the Stunfisk’s Discharge by the narrowest of margins, having to get away from his Whirlpool and temporarily getting stuck.

 

Lamorak wasn’t too used to how Jamie ran things, and simply used Aqua Ring while he gained his bearings. Unfortunately, one of the enemy Pokemon took his inaction as a sign of weakness. It was not, the weakness was completely unrelated. It was only due to the Aqua Ring that the Clamperl did not immediately fall to the Superpower from the Flareon seeking to remove one of the water types on the field. While he was sent flying, the water-type managed to create a Whirlpool to keep the Flareon in place.

 

Perhaps it was because Palomides had bonded the least with Jamie, but the battle went horribly for him. The Gyarados he was facing dodged his Hypnosis with ease. The Curse was much more accurate but had the nasty side-effect of getting the Gastly knocked out with one Bite.

 

James had given his orders as quickly as he could, for there was one fight he wished to give greater attention to than any of the others (even if he could have been completely omnipresent, he would have wished to give greater focus to this battle). Guinevere was in a deadlock versus two opponents at the moment. Something James did not anticipate was a Medicham using High-Jump-Kick to leap over James and his team to assist the Machamp in fighting Guinevere. Whereas the Machamp was strong and bulky, the Medicham was lithe and swift. Using Psychic force, she was able to evade (or rather make Medicham miss) most of the attacks.

 

The Machamp seemed to be waiting for his opportunity however. The already large Machamp seemed to grow another inch taller every passing minute. James recognized this as Machamp using Bulk Up. Repeatedly.

 

The main problem for Guinevere in fighting the two Fighting Types was the presence of the Machamp’s No Guard ability. The ability was far greater than when she had fought him as a Machop when she was a Rocket Pokémon. She tried to warp away from an Ice Punch, which she succeeded at… but warped right next to the Machamp. The Machamp had not yet prepared his attack, allowing the Psychic to put distance between them… and decreasing the distance between her and the Medicham. The Medicham smiled deviously as she tried to herd the Psychic back towards the Machamp.

 

Guinevere, James called out to the Psychic’s telepathy, do you trust me?

 

Honestly, that question is still up in the air. But I trust your skill as a trainer.

 

Alright then listen…

 

Guinevere closed her eyes, stood still and gathered her focus. The Medicham seized the opportunity to grab the Gardevoir to hold her in place. The Machamp seeing the opportunity before him draw back two of his arms, cloaking both with dark energy. James watched intently at both the Machamp and the Gardevoir.

 

Wait until the last moment.

 

As the Machamp’s fists were thrown rapidly approaching her face, the Gardevoir activated both her Psychic and her Teleport. Using the physical contact and her Psychic power, Guinevere switched the position of herself and the Medicham placing her opponent in between the two, and placed the Medicham in the same hold she had been put in. The Medicham tried to High Jump out of the Machamp’s path, only to find that she couldn’t break out of the Gardevoir’s arms.

 

Sorry, but you left your Pure Power out in the open. I had to take that power for myself. Goodbye.

 

Using the Medicham as a shield and her own Psychic force, the Machamp’s attack was completely intercepted. While watching in horror as he knocked out his ally, the Machamp raised a Light Screen to protect himself.


Edited by Totally Colette; Not Minun, Mar 06 2015 - 01:25 AM.

  • 0

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg





0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users