Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Ruth Fishers

"True. Well, that's kinda strange..." Ruth muttered. "Well, coincidences aside, we're both on a trainer journey. Why not form a little party, travel together? I mean, then we two trainers can figure out what to do from here on out. Whaddya say?" she asked, holding out her hand.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

"Party of three? Even better, three's a nice number." said Ruth. "So Jacob, what Pokemon do you have on hand? Seems like that other person you mentioned won't be coming out of the Pokemon Center for a bit."

IC: Ruth

Looking back at the Espurr, Ruth soon ran a hand across it's head. "Eh, they all have that stare. I mean, her eyes are different color, but still, it's not like they choose to be so creepy." she said in a nonchalant voice.

Ruth turned her attention to Hexcalibur. "I see you like the Honedge line too. Oh right, myself, I've got three Pokemon myself." she remembered, taking their Pokeballs out and releasing Caliburn, Fuerte, and Locke.

"Let me tell you, these three are the best friends a trainer could ask for."

IC:

"Ok, this is getting freaky now. We both have lived in Kalos, we both live in Sandgem, and we both have Honedge-er, rather, a pokemon from the Honedge line." He looked back at eyes.

"The ones I've encountered don't just...stare like this. They usually move their head a bit. Or blink occasionally. Or...do something other than stare."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

"You may have a point there...." muttered Ruth. Shrugging it off, she turned again to Eyes. "Anyways, it's not like this one wants to murder you. I mean, it obeys your commands, right? Maybe it's a traumatized Pokemon, and that's why it never moves. Ever think about it that way?" she challenged?

"And yes, Caliburn is a magnificent Pokemon, as are Fuerte and Locke." said Ruth, as Caliburn bowed, Fuertre puffed his chest, and Locke jingled her keys and appeared to be chuckling.

"Don't say that about your Pokemon! They have thoughts and feelings too!" shouted Ruth indignantly. "Maybe there's an innocent reason this particular Espurr creeps you out so much! And are you showing favoritism? How dare you-"

Ruth suddenly paused as her brain processed Jaccob's words. "Wait, you haven't even battled yet? Want to try?" she asked, grinning.

"Alright then! You know, it's really nice that we can just battle wherever we want. So long as we don't bust anything, of course." Ruth said.

"Anyways, since this is your first battle, let's just have a quick fight between two Pokemon, who don't have any type advantages over each other. Sound good?"

Edited by JiMing

"In that case, you ready to go, Locke?"

The Klefki rattled in agreement.

"Alright then." Ruth said, gripping her hat and grinning confidently. People around them had already begun to part way and give them enough space to battle, some of them even waiting for the duel to break out. "Get ready, cause we're not going to pull any punches, aren't we?" asked Ruth, Locke rattling once more in agreement.

"Then Locke, set up Spikes!" Ruth ordered, the Klefki scattering spikes all around the feet of Eyes.

OOC: If me controlling NPCs was not allowed, let me know and I'll edit.

Edited by JiMing

"Come on Locke, hang in with Iron Defense!" The Klefki's body had a shine go over it as the psychic blast struck it, though it managed to hold on. "That's the stuff! Now use Mirror Shot!" responding to Ruth's command, Locke fired forth an orb of energy at Eyes.

Heh, I never get to be this dramatic! It's actually sort of fun being this over the top.

"Iron Defense again!" Ruth commanded, the Klefki pausing to brace itself against the attack once more. "Mirror Shot, then get around it!" Locke fired once more, then started to move around the Espurr while it would have to deal with the attack.

IC: Jake

Jake abandoned his earlier jog and settled into a comfortable sprint, swerving as needed to avoid people, Pokemon, and the occasional streetlight. The wind pulled at his hat, which he hurriedly grabbed and clenched it in his fist as he sprinted through the double doors of the building with his parent's apartment. Not wanting to wait for the elevator, he dashed up the stairs three at a time, reaching the top floor in a new record of 45 seconds. Without stopping, he swung his backpack over his shoulder and grabbed the room key, slamming the small piece of plastic into the lock and bursting into the room. He was allowed a quick glimpse of his mom lying in bed, hands folded over her chest before Jared, the Butler, got in the way.

"Young man! What are you doing here? Out, get out! Your mother is too sick for any outside stimulation!" Jared hissed under his breath.

Ignoring him, Jake ducked under the butler's outstretched arms and hurried to his mother's side, gently taking her hand and feeling its coldness. He looked at his mother's face, noticing how it looked too still, chest not rising and falling, pulse nonexistent. Tears prickled at his eyes as he looked at his mother, still clutching her hand as if that would bring her back. He felt a hand on his shoulder, gently pressing. He turned around, face like stone only to see a Hypno right in front of his face, pendulum already swinging.

"I am very sorry about this sir, but... Hypno, use hypnosis."

Jake crumpled to the floor as Hypno used a specialized form of dream eater, erasing all memory of this encounter from Jake's mind, replacing it with the knowledge that his mother had told him to go and be happy, and not to worry about what happened to her. All Jared had to worry about is if Jake ever came back...

OOC: Wow... I am shocked. I honestly meant for it to be a happy reuniting scene, and well... wow. I guess I had a bad day. -_- if this is not allowed/tasteful, though I guess it is because of the MURDER OF ASH KETCHUM a while back (main reason I didn't join this RPG when I first found it)

Edited by sonyaxe

IC:

The attack hit once more. And, again, Eyes did not move. As Locke darted around Eyes, she suddenly snapped her head towards it.

"Eyes, use Psyshock!"

Psychic energy coalesced in the air, and solidified into sharp projectiles which began to fire towards Locke.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Ruth winced as the attack managed to strike, with Locke being unable to set up Iron Defense in time. "Come one Locke, you still got it!" Ruth cried in an encouraging voice, prompting the Klefki to get back up. Ruth swept her arm back in a dramatic manner "Now then, use Draining Kiss!" Locke flew into the side of the Espurr and attempted to drain it's health.

Edited by JiMing

IC:

Within the blink of an eye, Eyes had shifted herself out of the way of Locke's attack. The psychic energy in the air was almost palpable now.

"Eyes, use Psyshock! The follow up with Confusion!"

More solidified psychic energy appeared in midair, and began to fire towards Locke. A wave of psychic energy followed in close pursuit.

I hope Eyes hasn't gotten hurt too much...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

This time, Locke was prepared, dodging the Psyshock and using Iron Defense against the Psychic. "All right!" cried Ruth as she pumped her fist up in the air. "Now, use Mirror Shot, then don't be afraid to Play Rough!"

That was bad and I should feel bad.

IC: Evan Tierra/Feral Tierra

At the sound of those words, Gnip was knocked back by a punch to her chest. Feral, exuding an aura of pure malice and rage, decided that was the last straw. NO ONE, pitied him. He was going to make her pay for even considering the thought. He walked towards Jenny, seething with anger.

"Yeah, no.", a shaken sounding voice said, "It's time for you to go down."

Feral looked towards where the voice came from, and promptly grew angrier. Standing up, with the help of a very bruised and heavy breathing Swampert, was Evan Tierra. His eyes were aflame with righteous fury.

"You know, I was feeling quite doubtful about myself, after you pummeled my Monstro and Lazengann.", Evan said, "But something tells me that you are the subject of their fury, not me."

With those words, Behemoth, Lazengann, Vlad, and Hippowdon came out of their poke balls, each one looking furious. Especially Lazengann, who, despite his injuries, looked raring to let Feral have it.

"There is no mercy.", Evan said coldly, "At least, no mercy for monsters like you. FINISHING MOVE: RENDING QUAKE!"

At that command, Evan's pokemon rushed towards Feral. Feral readied a Spacial Rend, but became surprised when the power would not respond to his command. Feral was then knocked silly by a Hammer Arm from Monstro. While he was dazed from the attack, Behemoth charged him, and knocked him away from Monstro and into Hippowdon's way. Hippowdon, bit down onto Feral with a Thunder Fang, shocking Feral with her teeth. While the Spacial Horror was recovering from the attack, he was rushed by Vlad, who bit him several times with cold infused fangs. As the chill bit down into him, Lazengann rushed him with a Drill Run. Landorus charged into him at the same time, causing him to fall on his back. Gnip rushed towards him, and breathed an immense cloud of flame upon him.

"Enough!", Evan said, "Finish him off!"

With a single unified roar from those of Evan's team who knew Earthquake, a giant spike of earth rose up and impaled Feral in the chest.

Evan's fight with Feral, was over at last.

OOC: Since I have made no posts after and it won't affect any current posts, I changed my post with the memory modification thing to avoid having to write in the form of a depressed teenager. It now says that his mother told him to go have his journey.

Jake whistled a merry tune as he jogged back to the Pokecenter, secure with the knowledge that his mother was safe and wanted him to go. Upon his arrival, he smiled at Nurse Joy while she gave him back his Pokemon, Pikachu immediately getting released and hopped onto Jake's shoulder. He left the Pokemon Center, hoping to stop by the Pokemart to grab some more potions and Pokeballs, before noticing a crowd, shouts, and bright flashes of light from a corner near the center. He jogged over and ducked and weaved through the crowd until he could see the Pokemon being used. On one side was a Klefki, and on the other...

Pikachu immediately went down the back of Jake's shirt when he saw the particular Espurr being used by none other that Jacob.

Jake grinned; he seemed to recall that Jacob had never battled before. "Go Jacob! You got this!" Jake shouted over the noise of the crowd, settling back and hoping to watch what was sure to be an interesting battle.

IC:

Eyes had once again shifted to narrowly avoid the Mirror Shot.

She did not avoid the Play Rough though. As Locke slammed into Eyes, Eyes tumbled backwards onto the ground, and lay there for a few moments.

"...Eyes?"

Her head snapped up to look at Locke once more.

"Use Psyshock! Again! And again!"

A cloud of projectiles-larger than before-formed all around Locke.

"Bring it down, Eyes!" Arius shouted.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

"Not a chance!" she shouted, sweeping her arm back dramatically. "Locke, Spikes!"

The Klefki spread a cloud of spikes covering a wide area in front of her, forming a makeshift shield that intercepted the Psyshock. As the attacks cleared, it was apparent that Locke moved during the chaos. Ruth smirked, this was a common strategy of theirs.

"Great job, Locke! Now for a Draining Kiss!" Ruth commanded, as the Klefki who had moved around Eyes rushed forward.

Edited by JiMing

"Wow... Espurr is really powerful. That psyshock probably would have beaten Klefki." Glancing back at Jacob's opponent who was an athletic looking girl, he took on a more thoughtful expression. "I've never seen spikes used that way before. Interesting..." Jake muttered to himself.

IC:

Eyes took the Draining Kiss directly to the face. Once again, she reeled back and fell over. She slowly stood once again, though it was clear she wasn't doing too well.

"Gah, why don't I have any potions...?"

Arius shuffled his hand around in his pockets, nd came up with nothing.

"...Eyes, use Psyshock!"

A cloud appeared around Klefki and didn't seem to go down to attack.

I hope this works...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

What the.... What's happening now?

Ruth observed the cloud of psychic energy that had gathered around Locke at the moment. Trying to touch it would not be the smart thing to do. "Alright then Locke, close in with Mirror Shot, then follow up with Play Rough!"

The Klefki rushed forward at the source of the attack, firing a Mirror Shot to cover herself, then attempted to slam into the Espurr.

IC:

The second Ruth shouted her attack, Arius yelled out to Eyes, "Now!"

The psychic energy cloud condensed incredibly quick around Locke, firing towards the Klefki and almost trapping it in place. The Mirror Shot did not strike Eyes, who had shifted out of the way ever-so-slightly.

"Confusion! Then Psyshock again!"

I hope that Locke doesn't break through...I don't think Eyes can handle another attack...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

"No! Quick, Spikes and Iron Defense!" Ruth said quickly, the Klefki responding to her command and summoning more spikes and bracing itself against the attacks. Thanks to this, Locke managed to stand her ground, though things were going clearly starting to go south for Locke.

"Do whatever it takes to break out!" Ruth ordered, Locke struggling in it's prison, firing more Mirror Shots as well to see if they could pass through the binds, and if not, if they would shatter them.

Edited by JiMing

IC:

The attacks battered the psychic cage.

"Alright! Another Psyshock to strengthen the cage! And Confusion once more!"

More energy coalesced and began patching the holes which started to appear in the cage. And pure, non-solid psychic energy lashed out towards the trapped Locke.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

"Iron Defense again!" Ruth panickly shouted, the Klefki following suit. Both Pokemon were on their last legs by now, so it was time to make a last stand. "Get up and out of there, then use Mirror Shot over and over! Show no mercy!" the trainer cried, as Locke leaped out of the cage, and fired multiple Mirror Shots, even leading them in the directions that Eyes would most likely dodge to.

"Wow, check it out Pikachu! They're using moves in ways that not even I could come up with!" Jake watched in amazement as the battle unfolded. He was reminded of some of the battles he had seen on T.V., what with all the unorthodox ways they were using moves. Pikachu looked over Jake's shoulder and his eyes widened as he saw the Klefki start to go crazy with Mirror Shots.

IC:

All the Mirror Shots missed.

All but one.

And it only took one to finally knock Eyes out.

The Espurr was struck directly in the face, and tumbled back towards Arius. He looked down at Eyes, who was now fully unconscious. He looked down at his fallen pokemon, and sighed.

"You did good, Eyes. Really good."

He returned Eyes to her pokeball, and turned to Ruth.

"Good battle, Ruth." He offered his hand to her.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

"Yeah." agreed Ruth, shaking Jacob's hand. "But I was not expecting Eyes to be that strong! Locke really was on her last legs." she said, returning the exhausted Klefki to her Pokeball. "That was one of the most exciting battles I've had in a while. And to think that was your first! If that's the case, I can't imagine how you'd do later on!"

Ruth looked around. "You think your friend is around here somewhere?"

"Hah, let me tell you, that was pretty intense. Hopefully the battle was just as fun for you to watch as it was for me to actually battle in!" she said, accepting his offer for a handshake. "So... You're the one he's traveling with? Jacob agreed to let me go with you two, I hope that's okay." Ruth said. "It should be, after all, you've seen my battle skills in action!"

Edited by JiMing