Toa Metru, Toa Inika/Mahri and G2 Toa Kaita

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. We know that there are Toa Kaita for the Toa Mata/Toa Nuva. After 2002, there are no more Toa Kaita for some reason. It’s just Toa-involved combiners that represent different beings in the stories, whether they are canon (example: Toa Jovan) or not canon (like the 2016 Toa combiners). Have you thought about what would the Toa Metru’s, Toa Inika’s/Toa Mahri’s, and the G2’s Toa’s Kaita look like when the teams form their own Kaita? You guys ever experimented in combining these sets (I did notice some people, though)? I know that the Toa Hordika can’t form Kaita because they don’t have mental discipline, and the Toa Nuva’s Kaita can’t access to their Adaptive Armor, so I would imagine the Toa Kaita Nuva still look like their 2002 selves rather than their 2008 selves. For me, well, it’s hard to imagine, but I can give it a shot (I know that the Toa teams never formed their Kaita and Matoro’s dead, but please try to use your imagination to give them their looks and pun-based names): 

Toa Metru Kaita: 

1. Vakama+Onewa+Whenua (Metru) - His Mask would look like Vakama’s and his weapons would be Onewa’s Proto Pitons on one hand and Whenua’s Earthshock Drills. Vakama’s disk launcher would be used as a jet-pack. His name would be Vakewhenua. 
2. Matau+Nokama+Nuju (Metru) - His Mask would look like Matau’s and his weapons would be Nokama’s Hydro Blades. Matau’s Aero Slicers would act as his wings while Nuju’s Crystal Spikes would be attached to his feet. His name would be Nokamatauju. 

Toa Inika Kaita/Toa Mahri Kaita: 

1. Jaller+Hewkii+Nuparu - In both Inika and Mahri forms, his mask looks like Jaller’s Mask. In Inika form, he would have Nuparu’s Zamor Launcher on his right shoulder. He would have Hewkii’s Laser Axe and Jaller’s sword on one hand and Nuparu’s Laser Drill on the other. Hewkii’s climbing chains would still be attached between the axe and the torso. In Mahri form, he has Jaller’s sword, connected to Hewkii’s spear, on one hand and Nuparu’s shield on the other. He would have two Cordak Blasters on his shoulders. He has Hewkii’s Electrified Chains attached to his arms. He has tubes on his body. His name would be Japarewkii. 
2. Kongu+Hahli+Matoro - In both Inika and Mahri forms, his mask looks like Kongu’s. In his Inika form, he has Kongu’s and Hahli’s weapons on one hand and Matoro’s sword on the other. He would have two Zamor Launchers on his shoulders somehow. In his Mahri form, he has Hahli’s Protosteel Talons on one hand and Matoro’s Twin Cutters in the other. He has four Cordak Blasters on his shoulders and arms, and he has Hahli’s wings on his back. He has tubes on his body. His name would be Hatorongu. 

G2 Toa Kaita 

1. Akamai (Tahu+Pohatu+Onua) - In both his 2015 and 2016 forms, his Mask looks like Tahu’s. In his 2015 form, has Tahu’s silver swords on one hand somehow and Onua’s hammer on the other. He has Pohatu’s boomerangs on his feet. He has Tahu’s gold swords on his back. In his 2016 form, well, his weapons would be blades, maybe including Onua’s drill hammer somehow. 
2. Wairuha (Lewa+Kopaka+Gali) - In both his 2015 and 2016 forms, his mask looks like Lewa’s. In his 2015 form, well, he would have Lewa’s swords on one hand, Kopaka’s shield on the other, Lewa’s axe-wings on his forearms, and Gali’s axe blades on his chest. In his 2016 form, he would have blades and Kopaka’s blaster. 

So, there. That’s how I would imagine how these Toa Kaita look like if they were to exist. How would you imagine? (Please try to use your imagination on their looks. I’m not asking you to combine your sets or when would these happen in the story. You can put pictures if you like, though.)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

There were quite a few G2 Kaita MOCs made back in 2015. Here is a sample I found of them:

Se6OqX4r.jpg

nXqt2lW.jpg

100_2606.JPG

Again just a sample of a few, but its clear the idea was toyed with a lot back during G2's run.

As for the other teams? Canonically its possible, but as sets... it would be a pain to do. I don't think the Metru/Hordika and Inika parts lended themselves as well to creating Kaita as the original Toa Mata parts and the later CCBS elements did. Its telling most combiners for those teams were either wild Rahi, or just beefed up Toa like Jovan to represent something from the story... but no true Kaita Titan build. 

• Like 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

3 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Vakewhenua

Nokamatauju

Japarewkii

Hatorongu

A Kaita's name is, based on the examples we have, not a low-effort mashup of their components' names. They're almost like totally new beings entirely. We would probably have gotten to learn more about them if they were used at all after '03, but they weren't even though they're incredibly OP and would have solved a lot of problems super easily. Were the lore about Kaita chambers kept in and not scrapped, we could have learned something of substance and had a reasonable explanation for why they weren't used a lot. Like, if Onewa, Whenua, and Nuju Kaita'd up, they could probably have just busted out of prison on their own.

(Please try to use your imagination on their looks. I’m not asking you to combine your sets or when would these happen in the story. You can put pictures if you like, though.)

I mean...this post's just begging for people to make actual MOCs to see what these Kaita would look like, and there is value in discussing when they might be formed in-story.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

2 hours ago, Sir Keksalot said:

I mean...this post's just begging for people to make actual MOCs to see what these Kaita would look like, and there is value in discussing when they might be formed in-story.

Two things: 

1. I’m good at jokes with the puns. It’s hard to name fusions, though. It’s like Steven Universe, with Garnet being made of Ruby and Sapphire. 
2. I don’t beg people to make actual MOCs. I just encourage imagination. You can just say what the Kaita would look like if you can imagine it. I’m not asking anything else. If you want to think other stuff, like the MOCs, it’s just optional. The MOCs is just an optional advice that people could use to try to help themselves use their imagination. Please understand.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

7 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I’m good at jokes with the puns. It’s hard to name fusions, though. It’s like Steven Universe, with Garnet being made of Ruby and Sapphire.

1. These are neither jokes nor puns.

2. Just do what Lego did and take something from Maori.

-Humarika (patience)

-Putohe (persistence)

-Manatika (justice)

-Haututanga (leadership)

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"