Product Reviews

Paleo

Only Staff members are allowed to post reviews on the front page. The practice of front-page guest reviews was halted in early 2006.Non-Staff reviews can be posted in the forums, though. There used to be an official topic on the old forums, but I haven't seen it since they returned.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Wouldn't it depend on the set? I imagine a non-staff review would go in the catagory of that lines' set discussion. For example, a Hero Factory set review would go in the HF sets forum, whereas a Bionicle set review would go in the Bionicle Sets & Collectables forum, and anything else would go in the Lego Set Discussion Forum. Isn't that about right?

As Sumiki said, only staff members' reviews can make the front page.Regarding the possibility of member reviews, there is nothing in any of the Set Discussion rules topics forbidding your posting a review topic in the appropriate forum. As fishers64 suggested, a Bionicle set review would go in Bionicle Sets & Collectibles; a Hero Factory review would go in Hero Factory Sets; and, other reviews would go in LEGO Sets.However, as Sumiki mentioned, there used to be an official topic for member-made set reviews. Currently, there are no such topics in any of the Sets forums. The Forum Leaders do take suggestions for official topics, and I see no reason why a set review topic would not get approved. Therefore, I think it would be best for you to PM the Forum Leader of whichever forum your review would call home and suggest an official set review topic. Once it is created, go ahead and post the review in there. If a topic is not created, then I would just go ahead and post the review in the forum.Question answered, topic closed.