Lego Digital Designer Help

Valyou

I really need help with getting LDD to run, I've had problems with it since the 4.2 update, and I want to get to building again.It installed perfectly fine, of all the countless times I've tried reinstalling, but when I try to launch it, the program totally freezes when it attempts to install bricks. I tested this with previous versions, and apparently the problem is just irregardless of the program's version now.Can somebody help with this? I've tried to do a ton of different things, and nothing works. My patience has been tested long enough with this update, and I guess it's best if I get help with this here.

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

Couldn't this be discussed in the actual topic for LEGO Digital Designer?Yeah, I know this problem though. There are two potential problems:

• [*]You may be missing an OpenGL driver. Are you seeing a lot of messed up graphics with black streaks, because if so, that's you problem.[*]Your processor might not be able to handle it too well, especially if it is in compatibility mode. If that's the case, let it sit for a while until it fully loads, and then go to Edit > Preferences. Take "Compatibility" all the way off.

I'll be glad to help you find an OpenGL driver if that's your problem, but I'll have to know your Operating System and what model computer you use. PM me if you need further assistance. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Couldn't this be discussed in the actual topic for LEGO Digital Designer?Yeah, I know this problem though. There are two potential problems:

• [*]You may be missing an OpenGL driver. Are you seeing a lot of messed up graphics with black streaks, because if so, that's you problem.[*]Your processor might not be able to handle it too well, especially if it is in compatibility mode. If that's the case, let it sit for a while until it fully loads, and then go to Edit > Preferences. Take "Compatibility" all the way off.

I'll be glad to help you find an OpenGL driver if that's your problem, but I'll have to know your Operating System and what model computer you use. PM me if you need further assistance. :)

I posted there, but nobody seemed to pay attention to it.It suprisingly works now though, in the middle of typing this post.. Crossing my fingers that it will stay that way, because I've been deprived of my digital building since the 17th of January. Lock this thread, whatever moderator's listening please. :P Edited by Valyou

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!