Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu Tv Series Discussion Topic

Aanchir

LEGO seems to be really good at giving us really short endings to well-loved lines, don't they?In any case, it's good to know that Garmadon is alive and well. Wu's expression at the end makes me think that he's disappointed that his life-long purpose of training ninja to fight the darkness is now over. To add to that, what will happen to the ninja in the future? When Cole, Jay, and Kai have died, Zane will still be the same Nindroid he is today. Poor guy... The curse of the Time Lords... Uh, I mean, Nindroids.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

LEGO seems to be really good at giving us really short endings to well-loved lines, don't they?In any case, it's good to know that Garmadon is alive and well. Wu's expression at the end makes me think that he's disappointed that his life-long purpose of training ninja to fight the darkness is now over.To add to that, what will happen to the ninja in the future? When Cole, Jay, and Kai have died, Zane will still be the same Nindroid he is today. Poor guy... The curse of the Time Lords... Uh, I mean, Nindroids.signoffffff.png
Thankfully they are ending Ninjago on a good note with successful supporting media and product sales. This way, they'll be able to prove that a TV show and a well-supported story helps sales out so that they can keep the market fresh and lively. Also, life also seems to be exaggerated in Ninjago, seeing as Wu and Garmadon are at least 100 years old and lively. Amazing what Spinjitzu will do to you, eh? So the ninja could very well have a lifespan like Wu and Garmadon have, and pass on their knowledge of the art of Spinjitzu to others. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

LEGO seems to be really good at giving us really short endings to well-loved lines, don't they?In any case, it's good to know that Garmadon is alive and well. Wu's expression at the end makes me think that he's disappointed that his life-long purpose of training ninja to fight the darkness is now over.To add to that, what will happen to the ninja in the future? When Cole, Jay, and Kai have died, Zane will still be the same Nindroid he is today. Poor guy... The curse of the Time Lords... Uh, I mean, Nindroids.signoffffff.png
Thankfully they are ending Ninjago on a good note with successful supporting media and product sales. This way, they'll be able to prove that a TV show and a well-supported story helps sales out so that they can keep the market fresh and lively. Also, life also seems to be exaggerated in Ninjago, seeing as Wu and Garmadon are at least 100 years old and lively. Amazing what Spinjitzu will do to you, eh? So the ninja could very well have a lifespan like Wu and Garmadon have, and pass on their knowledge of the art of Spinjitzu to others. :)
Before it was announced that Ninjago was ending, I expected the Green Ninja-Garmadon plot to be wrapped up, and the story to then feature the current 4 Ninja as Senseis or something. Ah well, if Ninjago is brought back...

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Before it was announced that Ninjago was ending, I expected the Green Ninja-Garmadon plot to be wrapped up, and the story to then feature the current 4 Ninja as Senseis or something. Ah well, if Ninjago is brought back...
There's a fanon contest that you could easily adapt that theory into, if you want. ^^

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

True. A better-displayed/better-planned ending, but it was still a bit too brief for satisfaction.And are you sure 100 years is a good assumption? In Return of the Overlord, the Overlord told Lloyd that he had been planning his ultimate victory for thousands of years. Even if the First Spinjitzu Master was just a teen when he defeated Overlord the first time, that still gives the potential for Garmadon and Wu to be at least a thousand years old, give or take a century or two.I actually had thought it would play out that way, with the ninja as Senseis passing on their knowledge, but Zane is still the only Nindroid. Makes me wonder if Dr. Julien built Zane to last only as long as the lifespan of a normal minifig. If that is the case, could the Spinjitzu/life-lengthening theory allow him to extend his lifespan? Or does being a robot mean he'll last for millenia beyond the others?Also, I always thought Garmadon and Wu lived that long simply because they were the sons of the First Spinjitzu Master. Or... (initiate spur-of-the-moment theory)Perhaps there's some kind of tea that has effects opposite that of Tomorrow's Tea; instead of making one older, it brings limited youthfulness. That just seems the more likely possibility, though being tuned in to the elemental properties of Spinjitzu may have a hand in it.My thoughts of the hour, ladies and gentlemen.signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I believe that Wu and Garmadon were cursed so they would not grow older until the prophecy was completed.
than why did they? and what about Misako?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I believe that Wu and Garmadon were cursed so they would not grow older until the prophecy was completed.
than why did they? and what about Misako?
Eh, I don't think anyone really has an explanation for Misako. I just figured it was something like Aragorn's relationship with Arwen in LoTR: Aragorn was mortal and relatively young compared to the centuries-old Elf Arwen, but they still fell in love and lived happily ever after. I just assumed that Garmadon simply had a much longer life span, so to him, the age of 50 or 60 might have felt like being 19. So, while he was already really old (despite seeming young compared to his full lifespan) Misako could easily have been in her twenties or thirties when she married Garmadon.Does that make any sense?I'm probably way off, but at least it's an idea.signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Yeah, the Garmadon family timeline is confusing, I wish we had gotten an explanation within the show.
Ninjago generally played fast and loose with the timeline as it related to events which didn't occur in the show. I prefer to take most of it with a grain of salt, since much of what we've heard about the First Spinjitzu Master sounds almost mythical. As for Sensei Wu and Garmadon, my brother pointed out recently that in a world where things like Tomorrow's Tea exist and can cause rapid aging, it's not unreasonable to think that there are ways to slow it as well (particularly for those whose father essentially created said world).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yeah, the Garmadon family timeline is confusing, I wish we had gotten an explanation within the show.
Ninjago generally played fast and loose with the timeline as it related to events which didn't occur in the show. I prefer to take most of it with a grain of salt, since much of what we've heard about the First Spinjitzu Master sounds almost mythical. As for Sensei Wu and Garmadon, my brother pointed out recently that in a world where things like Tomorrow's Tea exist and can cause rapid aging, it's not unreasonable to think that there are ways to slow it as well (particularly for those whose father essentially created said world).
That's an excelent pouint that I hadn't considered....

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Has anybody considered that it could possibly be a metaphor of the FSM being Wu and Garmadon's father? Not to be religiously biased or violate BZPower policy about religious references, but in Christianity, their God is considered "the father almightly". He's not really every Christian follower's blood father, but it's metaphorical as being the creator of life. Wu and Garmadon technically could have just been students, with the FSM seeing them destined for something, as Wu did with the four ninja. Possible?

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Has anybody considered that it could possibly be a metaphor of the FSM being Wu and Garmadon's father? Not to be religiously biased or violate BZPower policy about religious references, but in Christianity, their God is considered "the father almightly". He's not really every Christian follower's blood father, but it's metaphorical as being the creator of life. Wu and Garmadon technically could have just been students, with the FSM seeing them destined for something, as Wu did with the four ninja. Possible?
Interesting... I've never thought of it like that. Similar to Optimus Prime and Megatron being 'brothers'" right?

Interesting... I've never thought of it like that. Similar to Optimus Prime and Megatron being 'brothers'" right?
*not a follower of Transformers, but just read up some info*Yeah. That's pretty much what I'm saying. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Or Lhikan and Nidhiki. (Before all that Roodaka business on Odina, that is) Or really any toa.
How well will you die?

I had considered something like that, but it had more to do with the Golden Weapons. If FSM could create a whole island filled with plant and animal life with just those weapons, then why not the people inhabiting it? I had suspected Wu and Garmadon were simply some of his power given shape and life.Speaking of the Weapoons... If the weapons were used to create Ninjago, then how did the Golden Peaks or Temple of Light exist for the creation of the Weapons? Has anyone else noticed this? Or do you think it's perhaps more of a metaphorical creation, in that the land was already there and FSM just gave it a new purpose and built upon it?signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I had considered something like that, but it had more to do with the Golden Weapons. If FSM could create a whole island filled with plant and animal life with just those weapons, then why not the people inhabiting it? I had suspected Wu and Garmadon were simply some of his power given shape and life.Speaking of the Weapoons... If the weapons were used to create Ninjago, then how did the Golden Peaks or Temple of Light exist for the creation of the Weapons? Has anyone else noticed this? Or do you think it's perhaps more of a metaphorical creation, in that the land was already there and FSM just gave it a new purpose and built upon it?signoffffff.png
Probably the latter, but Wu neglected to share this with us :( , so we may never know.

Part of the question is whether Ninjago was indeed created from absolutely nothing, or if a less bountiful land existed before it. The latter would be more thematically consistent with the Lego brand, as well as the theme itself (after all, the Tornado of Creation doesn't really "create" things so much as it rebuilds and rearranges them). It's also entirely possible that when the First Spinjitzu Master created the weapons, the area around him became the Golden Peaks.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother