• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bionikoma

Mech bionicle MOC tank think robotic

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline hey it's felix

hey it's felix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 17-February 10
  • 519 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 03:16 AM

Posted Image

^Click for le Flickr gallery^

Yeah, I don't really give two fruitcakes about this one.

I could've done a lot better, but eh, laziness. Built for Marchikoma on Flickr (hehe, only just scraped in on the last day!), it's meant to be a think tank. If you wanna see some examples of these, here's a whole group full of them.

Thanks for viewing the topic, and C&C is much appreciated as per usual :)

-FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

#2 Offline PooZy

PooZy
  • Members
  • Toa

• 14-October 11
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 06:32 AM

well u might not give two fruitcakes about this but it certainly deserves ... those.. fruitcakes... o_0It's really good! Reminds me a little of a spider with the sack on the back. One thing some people might not like is that the back of the model uses a different shade of blue but this doesn't particularly bother me because you kept it consistent and in any case I'm sure TLG never made a bright blue bohrok head.

sigpic2.png

#3 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 16-February 09
  • 985 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 12:14 PM

Looks cute, Ghost in a Shell, right?

#4 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 18-December 09
  • 1,330 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 10:33 PM

Whoa, excellent! Besides the blue mixed with dark blue. Rahkshi feet do come in dark blue, but not Bohrok shield thingamadoodles. But the build itself is just spectacular, though I would use barbs, not black claws, for the ... mandibles? And it could use some (or many) eyes, maybe trans-orange? Lastly, the mouthish blue pin part may be better as a bulb or dish, or a set of pin holes or pins.Overall, great MOC.Posted Image

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

#5 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,023 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 10:40 PM

Looks like a tiny drone. Nice and compact, very solid. For a small MOC, 8/10.

#6 Offline Robo-Urist

Robo-Urist
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 31-March 12
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 05:50 PM

Wow! that looks great! like a sort of unmanned tank-drone. Great use of rhakshi feet and bohrok helmets. Pretty compact too, kinda like a scout vehicle. I picture the different blues as a sort of camoflauge, rather than a mess-up. Overall, 5/5 stars.

#7 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Morbuzakh Destroyed

• 13-June 06
  • 9,683 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 04 2012 - 12:17 AM

D'awww. :wub: I've always thought Tachikomas were cute/cool little buggers, and you've made a faithful representation in Bionicle parts compared with the bazillions of System versions. The use of Mata blue and white looks sharp, but as other people have said, you might want to add a little more Metru to him -- maybe switching the Mata blue Rahkshi feet on his legs for their Metru blue equivalents from Krekka. Otherwise, the Rahkshi feet pods work well as legs, and almost make him look like a chibi creature of some sort, which is a good thing for a Tachikoma.Since these tanks are supposed to be spider-like, your layering of Bohrok faceplates produced a splendidly round abdomen. But as for his cephalothorax, I would highly recommend sprucing it up a bit, as his front end looks a bit plain with the simple cannon and manipulators. You might want to replace the black Exo-Force robot hands on his manipulators with white Viking horns, which would solve the mandible problem; and that single blue pin could be built into a larger gun to give him some more oomph. Is there any way you could fit eyes onto the white tendrils on his front?Minor nitpicks aside, I like this little guy. I can easily see him waddling along futuristic battlefields, a la GITS.~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#8 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 16-October 11
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 02:07 PM

That is a marvelous MOC. Everything flows nicely, and the two shades of blue are used perfectly. 10/10

When you get right down to it, we're all just shades on the spectrum of Humanity.
What matters most in life is not what you are, or what group you belong to, but who you are.
Fight hate with understanding.
Fight ignorance with knowledge.
Fight cruelty with compassion.
Don't be the poison, be the antidote.

#9 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • World's Only Gnomish Hylian

• 28-January 10
  • 1,282 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 04:48 PM

I, for one, love the multiple shades of blue in this particular MOC. It think it adds alot to the color scheme and just looks nice. What does bother me is that you have the white-to-trans-clear Bohrok shields ruining the nice, clean color transitions. Given that they don't come in solid white, more dark blue would ruin the color scheme, and you need the shape, though, I can forgive it. I love the "cockpit" bit and legs.

Posted Image

#10 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 14-June 08
  • 2,959 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 08:51 PM

So cute and tiny and awesome at the same time.The blue and white really complement each other here, and I really like the bohrok shieldplates in the back.

webmaster.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users