Bzprpg Character Sketch: Embok

sunflower

Ooo... I likey.First of, on the topic of things to change and add, let's talk body-part size. Embok's head's a bit small in comaprison for his body, and his arms are bit small as well. Just widening out those lines a teensy-bit would be a drastic improvement. On things to keep, I really like the plated, almost steampunk-ish look. It's quite original and adds a layer of eye-candy to the drawing. I'll definitely be looking foward to an inked & colored version.

pNNgXax.jpg

Ooo... I likey.First of, on the topic of things to change and add, let's talk body-part size. Embok's head's a bit small in comaprison for his body, and his arms are bit small as well. Just widening out those lines a teensy-bit would be a drastic improvement. On things to keep, I really like the plated, almost steampunk-ish look. It's quite original and adds a layer of eye-candy to the drawing. I'll definitely be looking foward to an inked & colored version.

Yes, I'm still not very happy with how the lower arms/hands came out...For the plated look, I wanted to make it look like he wore light, but stong armor. Because I couldn't really think of how protosteel armor would look like, I went with the plates. And, I'm almost done inking the drawing... I just have to scan it and color it using some photoshop skills.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

There is a matter I would like to address here. I cannot help but notice the resemblance between this drawing and this oneof Brickeens' BZPRPG character which I drew for his birthday back in February. Personally I feel that certain features, such as the collar, aspects of the mask, the chest and lower torso armour, the segmented leg plates, and the placement of certain bolts/spherical decorations/whatever - not to mention the general aesthetic of the body structure - are more similar to my design than I am comfortable with.I'd rather find out whether you used that drawing as a template. It consists entirely of original designs and concepts - with possible exception of the Kanohi - thatbelong to either me or Brickeens. If they happen to be copied, then that's something I really am not okay with.

Edited by VampireBohrok

26203.jpg

There is a matter I would like to address here. I cannot help but notice the resemblance between this drawing and this oneof Brickeens' BZPRPG character which I drew for his birthday back in February. Personally I feel that certain features, such as the collar, aspects of the mask, the chest and lower torso armour, the segmented leg plates, and the placement of certain bolts/spherical decorations/whatever - not to mention the general aesthetic of the body structure - are more similar to my design than I am comfortable with.I'd rather find out whether you used that drawing as a template. It consists entirely of original designs and concepts - with possible exception of the Kanohi - thatbelong to either me or Brickeens. If they happen to be copied, then that's something I really am not okay with.

Ok, whoa. It does look a lot like your drawing, but no, I didn't use it as a template. (Although, I did use a template: a drawing my friend did not too long ago.)I don't know what to say, this is kinda wierd. :???: EDIT: Wait, I think I know what happened... Edited by Acrophobia

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

:kaukau: A real tank. This certainly gives a distinct feel for your character. Although then I clicked on VB's link and was similarly blown away. Sad to bring up comparisons. Although at least yours is definitely a plated juggernaut look while his is more of a Tusken Raider look, setting them apart. But that's still a strong enough resemblence that I wouldn't fel comfortable, either, to be in either of your positions (and I can certainly relate to the realization that someone else also came up with your otherwise completely unique idea).Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh Edited by Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

:kaukau: A real tank. This certainly gives a distinct feel for your character. Although then I clicked on VB's link and was similarly blown away. Sad to bring up comparisons. Although at least yours is definitely a plated juggernaut look while his is more of a Tusken Raider look, setting them apart.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Thanks, I was going for a "light, but strong" feel for his armor. Goes with his "Working alone/troubled with his past" character, I think.And, yeah, they look a bit similar; :( although, VB's is a lot better. :P

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Wow, so they coincidentally turned out the same? That's odd :blink: I guess your friend's drawing that you used as a template was based off of something similiar to what VB drew inspiration from, or something.As for the art itself, it's very reminiscent of Kopaka (as you no doubt intended it to be, given that they're both "the epic silent one"), although it isn't what I imagined Embok to look like, but that's just because the art style isn't the same as the one I imagine the RPG to be in in my head :P The collar was a nice touch, definitely adding that level of 'I'm so awesome and serious'. I also like how there's those little bubbles all around his armour, as if he's kind of got boils from the heat of his own element.Now, it would be nicer if it were in colour. Also, his arms are a bit skinny, like he's wearing a trenchcoat with no sleeves. The paneling on him makes him look a bit too iron-y for a Toa of plasma, and his mouth looks a bit strange.Judging by your reaction I'm guessing you didn't actually copy him, and I have seen people come up with very similiar ideas without realising in the past, Kraggh being an example, as he said ;)

Wow, so they coincidentally turned out the same? That's odd :blink: I guess your friend's drawing that you used as a template was based off of something similiar to what VB drew inspiration from, or something.As for the art itself, it's very reminiscent of Kopaka (as you no doubt intended it to be, given that they're both "the epic silent one"), although it isn't what I imagined Embok to look like, but that's just because the art style isn't the same as the one I imagine the RPG to be in in my head :P The collar was a nice touch, definitely adding that level of 'I'm so awesome and serious'. I also like how there's those little bubbles all around his armour, as if he's kind of got boils from the heat of his own element.Now, it would be nicer if it were in colour. Also, his arms are a bit skinny, like he's wearing a trenchcoat with no sleeves. The paneling on him makes him look a bit too iron-y for a Toa of plasma, and his mouth looks a bit strange.Judging by your reaction I'm guessing you didn't actually copy him, and I have seen people come up with very similiar ideas without realising in the past, Kraggh being an example, as he said ;)

Yeah, I'm gonna ask my friend about that. :P See where she got the idea from.Those arms. Yeah, I had trouble on them, but I always have trouble drawing arms. I just can't seem to get them right. >:c In the colored version I'm doing I dropped the little bolts along the edges of the plates, makes it seem less Iron-y.Anyway, I have an Illistraitor colored version that I might post, but I just used him as a test for it.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -