Aftershock

a goose

Well, although this was meant to be my 4000th post, it's technically my 4001st. XPEnjoy anyway!(Quick note: You don't need to have read my epics to understand this, seeing as it's all new stuff)Aftershock Dirt, rock, dirt, dirt, rock, dirt, rock, rock, rock, dirt...The Agori dug through the ground. Nothing. He was so sure that there was water there.He sighed as he looked up at the sky. It was violet, in contrast to the lavender it remained during most of the day. It would be night soon, and he would have to return home empty-handed. That was the second time this week, and he doubted his family would be able to take much more.His name was Keuirce, and he was one of the last of his kind.Back in the day, the Glatorian would have been the fighters. But they had long since died out, and the Agori had taken their place. Of course, Keuirce wasn’t sure of the truth in this. It was one of the stories the elders would have told him when he was a small child, like how the sky used to be blue, and the plants were green, and the sand used to be yellow.But that was the past. They had no time dreaming about how things used to be. The world was as it was, and there was nothing anyone could do to change it.There was a slight shift in the breeze. He looked over his shoulder, and saw the setting sun. He had to go home.- - -The next day, Keuirce went hunting in the white forest.Once a lush and green jungle, the plants had withered and lost their colour. He kicked the grey soil as he walked towards the trees.He saw something move in a bush, and stepped quietly towards it, taking out his knife. It was one of the few metal objects they had left.Keuirce had two metal objects in his possession: a helmet, and the small knife. For some reason, the almost all the metal there had just disappeared. Apparently, in one day, everything went wrong. The whole world as was known was gone in a flash.As he moved closer to it, the shuffling seemed to stop. A tiny head poked out.“Hello?” Keuirce asked. He knew there was a large chance it couldn’t speak, but still.“Hello?” The creature mimicked.“What’s your name?”“What’s your name?” It moved forwards. It was small, and metallic, and spoke in a strangely high voice.Keuirce gestured at himself. “Keuirce.” He then gestured at the creature.“Krahl.” The creature responded, gesturing at itself.“What are you doing here?”“Hide.” Krahl said, glancing nervously. Keuirce heard footsteps and turned, just as Krahl jumped back into the bush. “Keuirce, hide.”Keuirce retreated behind a nearby tree, as a party of Agori walked past, the one at the front clad all in black and gunmetal grey. His right hand was a claw, and his left a spinning saw blade. It took all the control Keuirce had over himself not to gasp as one of the Agori’s emerald eyes seemed to look straight at him. However, he quickly turned away, and gestured to the group behind him to keep moving. Each one was more barbaric than the next, with spiked helmets, clubs and maces, hulking masses of Agori that had no reason to fear anything.Yet there was something else strange about them. Their armour, it was all metal, and they were covered from head to toe in it. Where did they get it all from?As soon as they had walked past, Keuirce left, and bid Krahl farewell.- - -Keuirce awoke in a cold sweat, each breath sharp and painful. He climbed out of his makeshift bed (they didn’t have the necessary equipment to build proper ones), and looked out of the hole in the wall that was his window.He saw something move outside – Krahl. “Leave now, Keuirce. Bad things coming.”“Bad things? What bad things?” Before Krahl could answer, it gave out a high pitched squeak, and ran off. Keuirce quickly grabbed his helmet and blade, and jumped out of his window, running after Krahl.Just as he reached the edge of the town, Krahl stopped, and pointed over Keuirce’s shoulder. “Bad, bad things.”Keuirce turned and looked, to see a pillar of orange smoke. “That’s my home! My family! They’ll die!”But before Keuirce could run back, Krahl stopped him. “If you go, you die too. No escape. Fulfil Prophecy.”Keuirce ignored Krahl, and ran back, but by the time he reached his home, it was in ruins, charred corpses lying within its structure. “No, no, no!”He heard a sound, and turned. The Agori he had seen earlier stood on the other side of Keuirce’s home, the glow of his eyes unnerving in the night’s darkness. He turned quietly, and began to walk away, returning to the darkness.“I’ll find you! You’ll pay for what you did today!” There was no spoken reply, but Keuirce could’ve sworn he heard a chuckle whistle past him on the wind.For reference, there will be an epic about Keuirce when I'm done with my current trilogy of epics.- Vorex

Edited by Vorex: Shadow Master

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

So this is what life is like thanks to Reichenbach. I can imagine some sad music playing throughout the whole thing, or some disturbing music (like from a video called 'Sock 3: 10 Different Kinds of Soup'). Reminds me almost of the prequels for Doctor Who episodes they put on the website sometimes. That black Agori brought the appearance of Nekron in that blog post of yours to mind...What I find really irritating is those huge spaces between each line -_-

...I already told you that it's the same guy. XDAnyway, I think it's pretty cool the way it is. Nice and dark. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngI know, I'll try to get that fixed! :(

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

• 2 weeks later...

:wired:... REICHENBACH!!! Is this located in the parallel world that Ignotus created, or what I would think the world will be like when the Mirror breaks? Questions, questions...

It's not in the parallel world, no. And it isn't actually connected to the mirror breaking.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]