Flash fire entry kinda sorta

Captain Flowers

It's definitely the beginning of something with potential, and I commend you for trying despite the setbacks, but I think you could have gone further with this even with just traditional pen and paper - an hour's worth of shading would have made him pop right off the paper. There's also some really weird anatomical details I wanted to point out - you've got this combination of really long lower legs and really short arms that creates a "stumpy" look. The lower leg is never going to be much longer than your forearm, yet here it is almost twice as long. The hand and elbow are generally in the right positions, and if the legs were at the right size he would have come together as a unit but as of now he is looking a bit like a giraffe with some gangly legs.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

Honestly, even though I love this entry, I think that's more that I just love the overall stylistic choices--vs. it screaming "Tahu!" to me.While I do adore the overall style (it greatly reminds me of Schizo Kaita's old stuff) it doesn't evoke Tahu as much as I would like. The sword and even some of the mask seem almost more reminiscent of Kopaka, actually. I think something even as simple as a flame pattern on the sword, or removing some of the more elaborate pieces of the lower jaw on the Hau--those make it look more the Akaku for whatever reason.Either way I love it, and I'd love to see all the Toa done this way. Thanks for entering.-Janus

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

Honestly, even though I love this entry, I think that's more that I just love the overall stylistic choices--vs. it screaming "Tahu!" to me.While I do adore the overall style (it greatly reminds me of Schizo Kaita's old stuff) it doesn't evoke Tahu as much as I would like. The sword and even some of the mask seem almost more reminiscent of Kopaka, actually. I think something even as simple as a flame pattern on the sword, or removing some of the more elaborate pieces of the lower jaw on the Hau--those make it look more the Akaku for whatever reason.Either way I love it, and I'd love to see all the Toa done this way. Thanks for entering.-Janus
I definitely agree. It's a great work of art, but I more appreciate the stylistic license you've taken with it more than it's "Tahu-ness." Very well done overall!

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012