Marendar

So I was reading Sahmad's Tale The Yesterday Quest, and the Marendar came up. What exactly is it? I know it was activated by the Toa and matoran showing up on Spherus Magna, but what is it's job? What is it suppose to do? Also, hoe did it break out of it's jail?

Edited by Jaller1234567890

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

So I was reading Sahmad's Tale The Yesterday Quest, and the Marendar came up. What exactly is it? I know it was activated by the Toa and matoran showing up on Spherus Magna, but what is it's job? What is it suppose to do? Also, hoe did it break out of it's jail?
Its job: KILL EVERYBODY.Well, the Toa at least.It's a mechanical being created by the Great Beings. As to how it got out, well, it is a GB creation. Which means it can do a heck of a lot of stuff.~MN~
The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

As to how it got out, well, it is a GB creation. Which means it can do a heck of a lot of stuff.
Personally, I got the impression that the place where it was kept was more of a storage space than an actual cell designed to hold it against its will. But maybe that's just me."Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

As to how it got out, well, it is a GB creation. Which means it can do a heck of a lot of stuff.
Personally, I got the impression that the place where it was kept was more of a storage space than an actual cell designed to hold it against its will. But maybe that's just me.
Yeah, I felt the same... which made me wonder if it was:-turned on by someone else,-turned itself on,-was always on, or-there was some "Safeguards R Us" Toa-sensor type of device on Spherus MagnaI don't believe we've ever gotten a clear answer about that. Perhaps this is worth asking Greg?

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Personally, I got the impression that the place where it was kept was more of a storage space than an actual cell designed to hold it against its will. But maybe that's just me.
Well, it's a machine, so I do know if I'd say that it has its own "will," but I always envisioned it as more of a containment chamber, since it was made of what? 3-feet-thick Protosteel walls? Something like that. Edited by XyzTheDay!
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

Yeah, I felt the same... which made me wonder if it was:-turned on by someone else,-turned itself on,-was always on, or-there was some "Safeguards R Us" Toa-sensor type of device on Spherus MagnaI don't believe we've ever gotten a clear answer about that. Perhaps this is worth asking Greg?
I'm pretty sure it was activated by the large number of toa on Spherus Magna.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Personally, I got the impression that the place where it was kept was more of a storage space than an actual cell designed to hold it against its will. But maybe that's just me."Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."
The operative word used is vault:
It was christened Marendar, an Agori word meaning “salvation,” and placed in a vault. Angonce knew the abrupt appearance of so many Toa on Spherus Magna might well activate Marendar. He hurried to the vault, but too late – the living weapon had already smashed its way through three feet of metallic protodermis and was gone. It would carry out its programming and kill any and every Toa on the planet.
Note the words "living weapon".