• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

The Cuddliest Tahu

Bionicle Art Tahu

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ZippyWharrgarbl

ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 19-August 07
  • 961 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2012 - 11:29 PM

So I haven't put very much on BZP for a while, so I thought I'd put this up here!

The most Chibi Anime Tahu I've ever drawn

This has had a bit of a patchup on one leg, where there was an accident with the pen. This was drawn to celebrate me finding some really terrible, half-dry textas.

Critique is very welcome!

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

#2 Offline Astris Janus

Astris Janus
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 27-August 07
  • 274 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2012 - 09:21 PM

OMG he's cute! :D

I really like it. He's a little pot-bellied and a tad angry and cute! :P I'd love to see more like him, and for him, a chibi fire sword :D

Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

#3 Offline ZippyWharrgarbl

ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Members

• 19-August 07
  • 961 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2012 - 09:49 PM

Thank you very much! c: I was going to give him a sword, but I screwed it up and accidentally started outlining the terrible sword, which led to the dodgy patchwork job on there. I might do other characters too, to go with him. I think I have some really old Chibi Glatorian lying around, in fact!

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

#4 Offline Astris Janus

Astris Janus
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 27-August 07
  • 274 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2012 - 11:32 PM

Thank you very much! c: I was going to give him a sword, but I screwed it up and accidentally started outlining the terrible sword, which led to the dodgy patchwork job on there. I might do other characters too, to go with him. I think I have some really old Chibi Glatorian lying around, in fact!

It would be awesome to see those too! :D and Tahu's sword was always annoying for me. So much detail! :P

Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

#5 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

Takuaka: Toa of Time
  • Members
  • Toa

• 11-December 12
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 06:56 PM

FYI, I'm a big fan of Tahu.

First impression: What did you do to him?

Second Impression: Yeah, okay, he's kind of cute. :P I'm not sure Tahu would approve, but...

He's got a bit of an awkward stance there, his feet are pointed together. And you scratched his leg?! How could you... :P I like his expression, though, and the puff of breath. Based on that, I'm not sure he does approve of being so chibi-fied. Overall, it's like Tahu crossed with a teddy bear. Interesting concept. :)

Nice drawing. ;) I'd like to see Makuta done like this...

This is where I'm supposed to have a signature, right? Alright, then.

Timaka: Toa of Time

I have very neat hand-writing.

#6 Offline ZippyWharrgarbl

ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Members

• 19-August 07
  • 961 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 06:16 AM

Second Impression: Yeah, okay, he's kind of cute. :P I'm not sure Tahu would approve, but...

He's got a bit of an awkward stance there, his feet are pointed together. And you scratched his leg?! How could you... :P I like his expression, though, and the puff of breath. Based on that, I'm not sure he does approve of being so chibi-fied. Overall, it's like Tahu crossed with a teddy bear. Interesting concept. :)

Nice drawing.  ;) I'd like to see Makuta done like this...

Thank you very much! I'll take note of the stance, and work on getting better! The feet pointing together was to make him lok a bit more adorable, like how a cartoon child woul stand. I think I muddled it up a little, though!

Ha ha, now THERE'S an idea! I might do Teridax sometime. Maybe some other characters. I gotta find those Glatorian.

#7 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

Takuaka: Toa of Time
  • Members
  • Toa

• 11-December 12
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 05 2013 - 10:33 PM

Nice drawing.  ;) I'd like to see Makuta done like this...

Thank you very much! I'll take note of the stance, and work on getting better! The feet pointing together was to make him lok a bit more adorable, like how a cartoon child woul stand. I think I muddled it up a little, though!

Ha ha, now THERE'S an idea! I might do Teridax sometime. Maybe some other characters. I gotta find those Glatorian.

Okay, I see what you're saying about the stance. Although I think the attitude implied there, of a child being cute, kind of contradicted the attitude implied by the facial expression, that's all. ;) But then it kind of adds to the idea that he was forced into this against his will. :P But ultimately these details are up to your own artistic discretion, of course.

Yeah, a Teddy Teridax would be quite a sight. Or perhaps a Piraka... Actually, Gali might translate well in here, or any Matoran, really. They're generally a bit cute by default.

Edited by Takuaka: Toa of Time, Feb 05 2013 - 10:38 PM.

This is where I'm supposed to have a signature, right? Alright, then.

Timaka: Toa of Time

I have very neat hand-writing.

#8 Offline Dwanny

Dwanny
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 26-February 12
  • 215 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 01:11 PM

It's so incredibly chibi i want to tear it's head off and cuddle the torn remnants of its being.

Who would have thought captain grumpypants could be so darn cute?

great job here.

Yeah I'm kinda

Not here

At all

http://chauvinistcab...deviantart.com/

I'm there though

Kinda

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users