• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Ender's Game discussion topic

orson scott card unnoficial

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 12:48 AM

So, I couldn't help but notice that there was no topic for this wonderful series of novels. I finished reading the series in middle school, and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it, and now I'm beginning to read the Shadow series of parallel novels.

Also, I recently found out they're making a movie based on both Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, and Harrison Ford has been cast as Colonel Graff, which should be interesting.

So, yeah. Discuss.

Edited by The Zytrix, Jan 28 2013 - 01:00 AM.

brokenmr.jpg

#2 Offline Hahli Husky

Hahli Husky
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Senior Goose

• 5,136 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 12:56 AM

Moveddddd ~

#3 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,830 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 01:02 AM

Love the series; little wary about the movie, but since it apparently isn't going to be a faithful adaptation, it definitely alters the expectations.I'm waiting for the next book, which caps both the Game and Shadow series; should be pretty good.

Posted Image

#4 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 01:13 AM

Yeah, I'm certainly excited for both.

brokenmr.jpg

#5 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,280 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 12:01 PM

Love the series; little wary about the movie, but since it apparently isn't going to be a faithful adaptation, it definitely alters the expectations.I'm waiting for the next book, which caps both the Game and Shadow series; should be pretty good.

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]By next book, do you mean Shadows in Flight? If so, that has already been released.[/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]I can't wait for the movie. I think they might tune down the violence, but I can deal with that.[/font]

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#6 Offline Prodigal

Prodigal
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 3,164 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2013 - 10:21 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]I've only read Ender's Shadow, Ender's Exile, Speaker For The Dead, and Ender's Game, but I'm absolutely in love with what I've read so far. Are there any similar novels more dedicated fans would recommend?[/font]

1669_sig.jpg

#7 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 12:16 AM

Well, unless you plan on reading the entire series (which I do recommend :P) there's at least two short stories written by Card set in the Enderverse, one of them being "Mazer in Prison" (the name of the other one escapes me at the moment).

brokenmr.jpg

#8 Offline Rama~Swarm

Rama~Swarm
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • ST errrr FA For Life (aka Senior Staff)

• 6,824 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 03:32 AM

[color=#800080;]I read Ender's game and the first couple in the series a couple years ago. They're some good books. I don't have a lot of time right now because of school and work, but over the summer I'm been planning on finishing the series.[/color]

Well, unless you plan on

reading the entire series (which I do recommend :P) there's at least two short stories written by Card set in the Enderverse, one of them being "Mazer in Prison" (the name of the other one escapes me at the moment).

[color=#800080;]You don't say? I'll have to check into those.[/color]

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

Posted Image

#9 Offline Dapper-Kun

Dapper-Kun
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 426 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 12:04 AM

I just read Ender's Game, currently reading the first few chappys of Ender's Shadow. Nohbody spoil it for me.

That's everything to know...

Probably...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users