• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Corner Shot Rifle MOC

Corner Shot Rifle MOC

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 975 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 02:38 AM

Was planning on building this for a while. While I like how the result looked, I realized the feasibility of such a weapon in real life was next to nil. What was I thinking having a cornershot weapon with a bullpup mechanism?

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=272874]Gallery[/url]

#2 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen
  • Members
  • Unintentional Instigator

• 3,552 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 07:16 AM

I actually really enjoy how this came out. The iron sights are magnificent, and the feature seems to work wonderfully. Only thing I would think to improve upon would be the somewhat gap in between the iron sights. Looks a tad weird to me, I suppose.

Also, something like this does exist in real life. Israeli, I do believe.

Hope to see more!

Posted Image

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic, Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

#3 Guest_pikmin73_*

Guest_pikmin73_*
  • Guests

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 07:43 AM

Well, I had never seen a technique/bionicle based gun made before, but it is still very cool.  I especialy liked the fact that it fits perfectly with your custom made bionicle.

#4 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,536 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 08:53 AM

I like the gun overall, but it had a flaw that didn't make it a gun. When you did the left to right pose shot, the barrel moved with the left hand. So that kinda made it seem like it was an unreal gun. Though I do wish to see more guns.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#5 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members

• 975 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 08:53 PM

I like the gun overall, but it had a flaw that didn't make it a gun. When you did the left to right pose shot, the barrel moved with the left hand. So that kinda made it seem like it was an unreal gun. Though I do wish to see more guns.

Um, I'm not sure if I understand you, can you clarify?

#6 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,536 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 08:56 PM

The gun barrel portion swivels. But the gun overall looks great.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#7 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members

• 975 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 09:47 PM

The gun barrel portion swivels. But the gun overall looks great.

Um, that's the point, since it's a cornershot gun.

Posted Image

#8 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 09:47 PM

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]It's supposed to swivel. It's a gun for shooting around corners. :lol:[/color][/font]

Chro: Dream Killer

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

Hitman VIII: Codebreaker

Baruka: Native Son

#9 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,536 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 10:22 PM

Ooh.....I've never heard of that gun until now. It makes perfect sense to me.

BZPRPG Profiles

#10 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members

• 975 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 04 2013 - 12:15 AM

I actually really enjoy how this came out. The iron sights are magnificent, and the feature seems to work wonderfully. Only thing I would think to improve upon would be the somewhat gap in between the iron sights. Looks a tad weird to me, I suppose.

Also, something like this does exist in real life. Israeli, I do believe.

Hope to see more!

Posted Image

Yes they exist, but the problem is that it conflicts with the bullpup mechanism, since conventional cornershot has the ammunition loaded in the front, while the mechanism loads from the back. At best, swiveling would cause the bullets to fragment into pellets, much like the Krummlauf.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users