• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Construct Bots - Hasbro breaks into the Hero Factory biz

Hero Factory Transformers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ptah

Ptah
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 634 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hello out there, Ptah here

I learned about Hasbro's Construct Bots a couple of weeks ago on Geekdads.  The short of it is Transformers given a Hero Factory twist.  10 Autobots and Decepticons as buildable, posable action figures with parts you can mix and match. 

I think Hero Factory with its longer history including the experience from Bionicle will mop the floor with the Construct Bots as far as sales go, but it got me thinking.  If your favorite Hero had an alt-form to transform into what would it be?

Heroes with vehicles has been done: Furno and Stormer have cycles. Heroes with attachments will be out this year: see Surge and his jet pack. But what would see Breeze or Rocka or even the villains transforming into.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"
"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

#2 Offline King of Dust

King of Dust
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,359 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 04:10 PM

I would love to see all heroes to have a "spirit animal" of some sprt, depending on their personality. They should be able to change into that.

#3 Offline Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 787 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 05:47 PM

I know about this,and ever Transformers fans where shocked too.

Edited by Takua X, Feb 12 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#4 Offline Ptah

Ptah
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 634 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 05:02 PM

A MOC I've tinkered on and off has been Mega Man and various boss robots from the franchise.  I wouldn't mind an animal transforming exo-frame like Transformers Deployers.  Something that could connect to any Hero, not just a new version of the main ones.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"
"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

#5 Online Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,067 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 08:07 AM

They're a cool idea, but personally I don't see much in them that would encourage me to buy them. Maybe they'll be around for a while, and it could turn into something more interesting.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#6 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 463 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 08:29 PM

I would love Breez to turn into some sort of alien looking creatures. 

Mainly because her 1.0, Breakout and Brain Attack Helmet looks very much like some sort of alien.

EDIT: I would also like to see Bulk turning into a really big bulky tank :D

Edited by AdaptingChaos, Feb 21 2013 - 08:30 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users