• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

FFFC4: On the Run

FFFC Vahki Kralhi Mavrah Metru Nui

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 25-May 09
  • 2,076 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 11:24 PM

Well, I saw that theme, and thought "You know, I'm going to be original, and just do a Vahki chase scene." :P Turns out I'm one of the few that thought the same, so it's still original, although my original plan only included the Kralhi. Anyways, enjoy. [font="'trebuchet ms';"]FFFC #4: "Surrender or Run"[/font][font="'trebuchet ms';"]On the Run[/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"]Deep beneath the towering skyline of Metru Nui, echoing footsteps followed closely by the clanking sounds of metal ring through the dark labyrinth of display cases and tablets. They were the sounds of a troop of Keerahk pursuing a potential lawbreaker, who was already beginning to gasp for air. Borek ran barely ahead of the robotic enforcers, his footsteps stirring up dust like the ash of his native Ta-Metru. His task had started simply, just retriving an artifact from the Archives, but Vahki have a way of complicating things. Luckily, he had a plan to get rid of them.[/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"]According to a map he had retrieved from an Onu-Metruan informant, he was now approaching a section called The Fikou's Web, a mess of tunnels so dangerous that not even Vahki would dare enter, or so the plan went. True to form, the Vahki reared up on their hind legs like startled Ussals once he crossed the boundary, their gears clicking as they reverted to their bipedal forms. Borek waved goodbye, and continued into the darkness.[/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"]---#---[/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"]"SHALL WE GIVE CHASE?"[/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"]"NO, SECTOR IS MARKED AS 'FORBIDDEN.' WE MUST FIND WHERE HE IS GOING. WE WILL MEET HIM THERE."[/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"]"PERHAPS WE MAY APPREHEND THE ACCOMPLICE?"[/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"]"EXCELLENT. REROUTE DESTINATION POINT. GO TO LE-METRU SEA DISTRICT."[/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"]"REROUTE ACCEPTED."[/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]---#---[/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]Borek had no time to worry about how easy that escape had seemed now. [/font][/font][/font][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]The Zakaz buyer had said to meet him at the Le-Metru Sea District with the artifact, without bothering to tell him much about it. He was pretty sure it was a Kanohi mask, and with a strange design, probably mostly blue. Either way, he had a lot of looking to do, and not much time to do it. Skakdi were notoriously bad at waiting.[/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]He finally dared to bring out his firestaff, both to light the way and to mark his path, which he did frequently and without much success. He was still getting lost among all the dusty display cases, having to brush off each one before he finally found it. [/font][/font][/font][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]The mask was large and blue, with four swept-back fins coming together at the brow, and a gaping, round mouth. He could feel power radiating off of it, but had no time to identify it, even if he was a Ta-Matoran. He brandished the firestaff, preparing to burn through the protoglass to retrive the artifact, when a metallic voice spoke from the shadows.[/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"]"SURRENDER OR RUN."[/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]He raised his arms, turning off the firestaff as he did so, not that it would do any good. Vahki had impeccable night vision, and he was only hurting himself. The tunnel began to suddenly fill with light, by which he saw a clawed tail, twin blades, a visored head, and four legs. He suddenly remembered that Vahki could not speak regular Matoran.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]That meant it wasn't a Vahki. It was a Kralhi, the scrapped prototypes of the Vahki who were banished for being too brutal to their captives. Of which, he was about to become one.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]With a flash, the image of a pulsating sphere of energy launched before he could duck, and he caught the bubble on his arm, where it began to expand to encase the firestaff, his forearm, shoulder, and then began creeping towards his mask, draining the life out of him. The Ta-Matoran collapsed, fear in his eyes as the energy bubble's light revealed four spidery legs clanking their way towards him.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]A voice called out "Stop!" Borek looked around frantically for some help, but he couldn't see far enough into the darkness to find his possible rescuer. Then, his eyes fell on a Pakari coming out from the darkness by the Krahli.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]"Mavrah? I thought you were dead! Get me out of here! I didn't do anything wrong!"[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]The Onu-Matoran just laughed and shook his head. "You Matoran are all the same. Selfish. Uncaring. Unappreciative. Why should I be any different? Besides, I can't let you find me. You'd bring the Vahki down in an instant to destroy all of my work!"[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]"No! It's not like that! Come on, Mavrah, you're not like that! What happened to Unity? Duty? Destiny? It is your duty to help me?"[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]"Why should I? After all, this is my Kralhi."[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]"Your what?"[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]"They're my kindred spirits. Both of us were exiled for being too competent in our work. And I can't let you change that." He snapped his fingers, and the enforcer began it's slow crawl towards the trapped and drained Matoran.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]A slash of blades on armor could be heard, echoing through the tunnels, closely followed by a quick scream.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]---#---[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'lucida sans unicode';"][font="'courier new';"]"WHERE IS THE MATORAN?"[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'lucida sans unicode';"][font="'courier new';"]"I HAVE LOST HIS SIGNAL. HE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE COMING HERE."[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'lucida sans unicode';"][font="'courier new';"]"WE CANNOT BE WRONG."[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'lucida sans unicode';"][font="'courier new';"]"IT IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE IF THE MATORAN GOT AWAY. HE DIDN'T GET WHAT HE WAS LOOKING FOR. THE MASK IS SAFE, AND TURAGA DUME WILL BE PLEASED. WE HAVE FOUND THE BUYER, LET THAT BE ENOUGH."[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'lucida sans unicode';"][font="'courier new';"]"VERY WELL. TURAGA DUME CALLS US TO REPORT. WE HAVE MUCH TO TELL HIM..."[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'lucida sans unicode';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"]-----#-----[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] [font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="'lucida sans unicode';"][font="'courier new';"][font="'trebuchet ms';"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]So, probably not the best I've ever written, but at least I got it in. Hope you enjoyed![/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]EDIT: By the way, if you haven't already, please check out my previous Short Story, A Chronicle, for the Lesovikk's Hiatus contest.

Edited by Click, Feb 26 2013 - 11:36 PM.

~click.gif

tohu_head_by_0nuku-d88efx4.jpg

Thanks for voting Tohu 2015, winner of GAC #21, A Picture is Worth a Thousand Likes!

Rahkshi Corpus Profiles BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

Latest Blog Entry: Art to MOC Contest!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users