• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Expiditer V

Lego Spaceship interstellar travel familyofthefuture

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

Takuaka: Toa of Time
  • Members
  • Toa

• 11-December 12
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2013 - 11:25 PM

Dun dun dun. . . Ta-Da!

Okay, so I shared one of my older creations a while back, but I have several more recent ones to share. (and even more hopefully forthcoming)

It's the year 2930. You step into an enormous hangar, the other end so far in the distance you almost imagine there isn't one. In here you see many privately-owned cruisers, from little RV-sized ships to nearly town-sized behemoths.

But what catches your eye is the ship right in front of you, a big, round, re-purposed freighter owned by the Starbrick family. Your first impression is that it's a bit of a junker, but you can tell a lot of care was put into it's re-purposing.

One of my favorite things about this model is the upper part of the hull. The "roof" if you will. The angled sides were tricky, but I was a little proud to have managed it, even though it wasn't quite as solid as I would have liked.

Inside we have a transportation pod housing, a kitchen and dining room, a "sleeping chamber", a medical bay, the engine room, an exit ramp, a board game, and a weapons/storage/exercise room.

Without further ado, let me show you some pictures!

Full View

Rear View

Command Deck (Mr. Bricker, Captain; Mrs. Bricker in the green on the right; and three of their kids in everything but orange)

Main Deck

Transportation Pod (admittedly this model isn't so great)

Well, there you have it. I hope you've enjoyed your tour of the Starship Expiditer V.

Edited by TahuNuvaFan, Mar 22 2013 - 11:26 PM.

This is where I'm supposed to have a signature, right? Alright, then.

Timaka: Toa of Time

I have very neat hand-writing.

#2 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,192 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 24 2013 - 05:53 PM

I like how you made the general structure. It has a nice shape and details, and it somehow reminds me of the Millenium Falcon. Great job on this one.

#3 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

Takuaka: Toa of Time
  • Members
  • Toa

• 11-December 12
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 24 2013 - 08:36 PM

Well, that's not really surprising, since I took apart my 1999 Millenium Falcon set for parts for this. The base of the hull was built with the same structural design as the Falcon's, and those four big "quarter UFO" pieces are part of the Falcon. Oh, and come to think of it it also has a radar disk in the same place as the Falcon.

Thank you. :)

This is where I'm supposed to have a signature, right? Alright, then.

Timaka: Toa of Time

I have very neat hand-writing.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users