Nerf

^I want to join your youthgroup.The only nerf wars I've done have only been 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3, and we just do it in at a friends house. If you get hit you keep going, we don't really have any rules (The only one being you have to actually try not to get hit). I think it's more fun that way because the war lasts as long as you want to play, not only 10-30 minutes or whatever.Sev

dw_s6_keyart.jpg

^I want to join your youthgroup.The only nerf wars I've done have only been 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3, and we just do it in at a friends house. If you get hit you keep going, we don't really have any rules (The only one being you have to actually try not to get hit). I think it's more fun that way because the war lasts as long as you want to play, not only 10-30 minutes or whatever.Sev

Yes, a large group ia alot more fun than a few.Addin in some rules I think adds a little bit of strategy to the game, sometimes.

but then you get into arguments deciding who won :P

Thats when you pull out you singled titan and bean em in the forehead! No, dont do that, thats just mean... and not safe.I want to make a nerf gun that you know when you get hit by it... like a 10 dart barrage... shotgun thingy...

Doah!

No, I think that was someone else. :) The first, and only, thing that went through my mind when I saw the Deploy, was "OMG MASS EFFECT!" :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dont know, kinda hope its soon. Dont know if i will get one though... I am sometime soon modifying a barricde to use clips for my brother... Dont know if he will get a rayven or not.I was dissapointed withthe color, I thought it was a lime green... its like puke/snot lime green. Aside from the color, I think it looks pretty cool.

Doah!

• 2 weeks later...

Thats true. Was reading it might be in stores in January, somewhere aroung $30... If it is, I dont think I will get one, not unless it goes on sale or if someone gets me one. My brother migh get one though... Apparently Nerf is continuing the glow in the dark ammo, there is a Vortex gun with a clip that lights and makes the disks glow. I looks like the Praxis( I think that what its called) Might be fun to get. Anyways, as soon as I can get some pictures on the computer, I got a cool paintjob... sorta like the SW blaster I did. Not themed for SW though, If I put some tally marks on the side it could be for zombies or something... I think it looks cool. Also started to modify my brothers Barricade to use clips. I need to make a magwell for it. Add some paint and BAM semi-auto clip fed monstricity... I think the 18rnd clips will do nicely for it... muwahaha...

Doah!

^^That would be cool. Depending on how long they hold the charge...I seen the Rayven popping up here and there, I think It was around $60 on amazon.100_3084.jpg_thumb.jpg100_3088.jpg_thumb.jpg100_3079.jpg_thumb.jpg100_3085.jpg_thumb.jpg100_3076.jpg_thumb.jpg100_3077.jpg_thumb.jpg 100_3078.jpg_thumb.jpg100_3087.jpg_thumb.jpgThe paint scratched off a few places, but I dont mind, Im quite happy with the paintjob.Look closely at the "wood" I found out usinf a paintbrush with spray paint I could put a sort of wood grain on it.Still need to find a pipe coupler to paint orange for the tip...I didnt modify it to get any more range, not really the easiest thing to do with this one. Maybe another time.+100 points to whoever know where I got that logo from.

Doah!

^^That would be cool. Depending on how long they hold the charge...I seen the Rayven popping up here and there, I think It was around $60 on amazon.

Well a lot of glow-in-the-dark things hold a bright charge for several seconds then fade to a low "smolder". I don't imagine the darts would be too different, so they should give a good show when fired but still be relatively easy to find once they're shot.Also I don't plan on buying a Rayven (especially at that price), so I'm holding out for Firefly clip packs. Because they had better happen.e: Got the Alpha Trooper. Pretty cool gun. A bit larger than I expected, but not too bad. Slam firing works great, though sometimes the single-fire doesn't work because the priming grip isn't pushed all the way forward (like you have to be physically pushing for it to fire properly). Definitely wouldn't work as a pistol. Spring is a bit noisy too. But overall it's good and I'd recommend. Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

I have two Jolts and they are REALLY powerful for something that tiny. The Rayven is only on strange sites that i don't really know... Im definitely waiting for it to get it in a store. The Lumintron things are just exact copies of Vortex, IT would have been nice if they made some new designs...Nice paint Beal!

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Also I don't plan on buying a Rayven (especially at that price), so I'm holding out for Firefly clip packs. Because they had better happen.

I would think at the least, the darts would be available. I dont think it would be too difficult to modify a regular clip with lights though...About the alpha trooper, yes it is pretty good... I dont plan to get one, but my brother has one.

I have two Jolts and they are REALLY powerful for something that tiny.The Rayven is only on strange sites that i don't really know... Im definitely waiting for it to get it in a store. The Lumintron things are just exact copies of Vortex, IT would have been nice if they made some new designs...Nice paint Beal!

Yes the jolt is very impressive. It can also clip into some of the dart holders of older nerf blasters that shot mega darts. I think that is pretty cool.Yeah, i would wait for the rayven to get in stores for a while, prices are jacked up on the thing.Personally, id only pay $25 for it...Yea, just without the stock it seems. Could be interesting... dont think I would get one though.So, you may know that there is reproduction nerf parts to make them shoot further, one called orange moderator works. They make internal parts for quite a few nerf guns, longshot, longstrike, recon, and others. Found out they might have come competition, saw a prototype looking parts for the longshot, a clip for hoimemade darts. Looked pretty cool. Saw a survey too for assesories, like tactical rail parts, slings and stuff... could be fun I guess. *hopes for underslung shotgun attachment* :DYeah...

Doah!

• 2 weeks later...

So considering the fact that I have a Maverick, Alpha Trooper, Magstrike, and two Secret Strikes, does anyone think a Recon would be worth a purchase? I know it isn't that great but having a smaller clip gun might be nice, and it comes with a stock and the light beam thing.

OpAXNpl.jpg

So considering the fact that I have a Maverick, Alpha Trooper, Magstrike, and two Secret Strikes, does anyone think a Recon would be worth a purchase? I know it isn't that great but having a smaller clip gun might be nice, and it comes with a stock and the light beam thing.

I personally wouldnt, then again, maybe because I have... lesse... I think 5 now.... lolI supose it isnt too bad, you cant go through the clip as fast as some other ones, they tend to jam if ya go to fast.If you have any sort of thrift store around i would check there every once in a while, maybe look on craigslist too. If not, wait for a sale... I dont think id pay $20 for one, $15-17 maybe. Or you could just wait for the rayve to gop on sale for like $25 and nab one of them... :DIn the end, Its all up to you!So I got a yellow longshot, another raider, another recon, a fury fire set, and a off brand 20 shot tommygun for $40...I got 2 raider drums now! hehehe...Then for $1 I got one of those rapid fire 20 guns, its sort of a pain to get apart...

Doah!

• 3 weeks later...

soN-Strike Elite seriesSupposed to have stock ranges of 75 feet.Re-doings of the Recon and Raider with what look like larger clips and 25-dart drums respectively. And maybe some new tactical rail accessories.Plus another "more impressive" one to be released after./)^£^(So happy I decided against buying a recon.

OpAXNpl.jpg