Toxicarosa

Aanchir

The model looks great. The use of those pod pieces to make a curvy figure is very clever. However, I do feel like the model might have benefitted from using different colored pods on the legs. I'm not a big fan of the blue pods in particular as I think they clash with the character's name. But that's just me.

You build MOCs very rarely, Aanchir (as far as I know, at least) but the time between your creations is totally worth it.

It's hard to find a good use of those...what are those exactly? I'm not familiar with later Hero Factory so I don't know, but I'm talking about the half-black/half-trans petal-like piece you used here as, well, petals. That's great.

You managed to amazingly blend the looks of Hero Factory, G2 waves one and two. Waiting for your next piece!

Always nice to see parts like that being used so creatively. Seriously, when those pods showed up I thought it would be almost impossible for people to incorporate them into their creations, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised.

Excellent work, Aanchir!

Yeah, those pieces are sort of a mixed bag. On the one hand, they're a great shape, they intermesh really well at lots of different angles, and their flexibility makes them pretty versatile. On the other hand, their texture and blend of black and translucent colors don't match a whole lot of other pieces, so it's hard for them to "fit in" on a MOC unless it uses them as one of its defining motifs.

Glad you like it!

The model looks great. The use of those pod pieces to make a curvy figure is very clever. However, I do feel like the model might have benefitted from using different colored pods on the legs. I'm not a big fan of the blue pods in particular as I think they clash with the character's name. But that's just me.

One of the things that sort of stymied me with this MOC is I only have 16 of those pieces: six blue, six red, and four green. Perhaps with a BrickLink order I could improve this MOC's color distribution, and maybe even spread some more color to the arms, but for various reasons it's not a convenient time for me to place an order.

With that said, the MOC came before the name, so if they don't match that's more a fault of the name than a fault of the MOC. I struggled for quite a while to come up with a name I was happy with. Perhaps Hydrangea, a well-known color-shifting flower, might have been a more appropriate name? But while blue roses don't exist in nature, they're a common enough concept/symbol in fiction — for example, the Pokémon Roselia and Roserade carry red and blue roses.

Unique colours, unique parts. This is pretty much excellent. I commend your creativity.

Thank you!

You build MOCs very rarely, Aanchir (as far as I know, at least) but the time between your creations is totally worth it.

It's hard to find a good use of those...what are those exactly? I'm not familiar with later Hero Factory so I don't know, but I'm talking about the half-black/half-trans petal-like piece you used here as, well, petals. That's great.

You managed to amazingly blend the looks of Hero Factory, G2 waves one and two. Waiting for your next piece!

Thanks! Hearing this means a lot. To be honest, I'm pretty self-conscious about how few MOCs I make these days, since I aspire to be a LEGO designer but to do so I know I'd have to be able to generate new ideas and designs a lot more reliably. This is only the second or third non-digital MOC I've built this year that I've liked enough to post. But it's good to hear that the MOCs I do post are worth the wait.

The petals are this piece, and were used as cocoon segments in Hero Factory's final wave. The black bottom part is the same sort of softish plastic used for Bionicle weapons and 2003–2010 Bionicle masks, while the translucent upper part is a springy rubber. As I mentioned above, the shape and materials make it an interesting part to build with, but the colors and texture can be limiting.