they are really cool, but why does matoro have three heads?

In my imagination Matoro has reanimated two other beings and together the three heads represent knowledge, love and power. It was really more of a design for a fan-fic that I was thinking of.

Why is Hewkii's head reversed? By the way, Nuparu is my favorite out of all of them.

I never liked how Hewkii's head looked when it was put on properly- something about the eyes and exposed mouth. I always thought it looked better reversed, but that has the undesirable result of exposing the eye piece...

These, as MOCs, are great, but they don't really look like the Mahri. Sorry. (Hey, it rhymes.)

Thanks, I guess. A lot of people didn't like the mahri for some reason... I always thought they were really colourful and weren't complete clones, so they were cool (except for cordak blasters).

My only complaint here is that you didn't really stay true to some of them. Jaller is excellent, and Kongu is great, but Matoro and Nuparu don't really look like themselves. Construction-wise though, they're great! Nice work ^_^

Yeah, I can see that. For Matoro I wanted to get something completely different from his original set, because I always thought he looked somewhat weak in set form. Since he perished, I changed him to a more dull colour. The three head thing is explained above.As for Nuparu; in his Inika form he looked really strong, while as a Mahri I felt like he got a bit less strong. As a matoran I believe he was an engineer, so I tried to combine his Inika form,Mahri and matoran ideas into one, giving what is hopefully a strong looking toa with a bit of a technilogical look to him.Thanks for the C&C everyone!
black_-_the_host.png

Matoro looks decent. I'd definitely get rid of the superfluous heads, even if they mean something. It's just kind of creepy, to be honest. Also, he needs more white - he's a Toa of Ice, after all.Jaller seems solid. The torso looks like a general hodgepodge of parts, and needs a redux.I don't have much to say on Kongu, other than to question the asymmetry. Is this a reference to the mask of his Inika incarnation? Regardless, whether you keep it or scrap it, the armor on the lower arms needs to go. I don't know if it's the angle, but he also looks like he has donned a silver loin cloth ... I'd consider moving or getting rid of it.Hahli is the most feminine of the bunch, but she adheres to the same tropes of a lot of "female" MOCs. This problem arises from the challenge of having to construct a female form out of male parts. It's hard. While an admirable attempt, I'd consider rebuilding the torso, especially the upper torso - and while you're at it, try to make the shoulders not so wide.Hewkii just looks kind of odd. Not in a bad way, mind you - I think it mostly has to do with his backwards head. You may have overdone it with the bulk of the lower leg armor ...Nuparu might just be my favorite. Make the claw bigger and more menacing, and perhaps reduce the bulk of the shin armor, and he'll be even better. (A secondary concern is the flatness of the lower torso, but this is definitely a minor, ignorable flaw.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Matoro looks decent. I'd definitely get rid of the superfluous heads, even if they mean something. It's just kind of creepy, to be honest. Also, he needs more white - he's a Toa of Ice, after all.Jaller seems solid. The torso looks like a general hodgepodge of parts, and needs a redux.I don't have much to say on Kongu, other than to question the asymmetry. Is this a reference to the mask of his Inika incarnation? Regardless, whether you keep it or scrap it, the armor on the lower arms needs to go. I don't know if it's the angle, but he also looks like he has donned a silver loin cloth ... I'd consider moving or getting rid of it.Hahli is the most feminine of the bunch, but she adheres to the same tropes of a lot of "female" MOCs. This problem arises from the challenge of having to construct a female form out of male parts. It's hard. While an admirable attempt, I'd consider rebuilding the torso, especially the upper torso - and while you're at it, try to make the shoulders not so wide.Hewkii just looks kind of odd. Not in a bad way, mind you - I think it mostly has to do with his backwards head. You may have overdone it with the bulk of the lower leg armor ...Nuparu might just be my favorite. Make the claw bigger and more menacing, and perhaps reduce the bulk of the shin armor, and he'll be even better. (A secondary concern is the flatness of the lower torso, but this is definitely a minor, ignorable flaw.)

Matoro: I like the heads myself, but I can see why they'd be off-putting. The lack of white is done on purpose though, as I found the dull tone makes him being dead more evident.Jaller: Thanks. The torso was weak, I agree. If I had more red and orange parts it would look better.Kongu: The asymmetry is on purpose. The lower leg is armour is pretty bulky for a toa of air, looking at it again. I hate the open ball joint that is present without armour- so I need to find something else that covers it up but isn't quite so bulky.Hahli: I wanted her to be feminine, but I have never seen a good way to do it well. I will try to fix her.Hewkii: He was one of the first ones I made, and as I made the others I think I ruined him by adding to much. As I've already said, I dislike the original head design, and I wish it were more reversable to that when put on backwards it looked more natural.Nuparu: He is my favourite as well. I'm not sure which part to use as a larger claw, without going overkill on the claw.Thanks for the detailed C&C. I really appreciate it.
black_-_the_host.png

Nuparu: He is my favourite as well. I'm not sure which part to use as a larger claw, without going overkill on the claw.

I was thinking a combination of parts ... say, three Mahritoran blades? It's not that I dislike the current claw or even that part - it's just that it kind of makes him look wimpy.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Nuparu: He is my favourite as well. I'm not sure which part to use as a larger claw, without going overkill on the claw.

I was thinking a combination of parts ... say, three Mahritoran blades? It's not that I dislike the current claw or even that part - it's just that it kind of makes him look wimpy.
Thanks for the advice. I'm currently in the process of reworking all of them with considerations to your commensts as well as those of others. I always appreciate good C&C.
black_-_the_host.png

Nice work! All of them are fathoms better (heh) than their original designs. The leg design I see repeated is nice, and they all look put-together and Toa-like, instead of short or hunched over like Kongu and Matoro were. Though is Hewkii's mask backward? And I would use blue rahkshi heads on Hahli, not silver. Otherwise, excellent work!Edit: caught a bit of explanation up there, you like the reversal. Perhaps use a green Barakki eye? Cyclops Hewkii might be better than no-face Hewkii :) a_peace.png

Edited by Fsnorglepuff

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

Nice work! All of them are fathoms better (heh) than their original designs. The leg design I see repeated is nice, and they all look put-together and Toa-like, instead of short or hunched over like Kongu and Matoro were. Though is Hewkii's mask backward? And I would use blue rahkshi heads on Hahli, not silver. Otherwise, excellent work!Edit: caught a bit of explanation up there, you like the reversal. Perhaps use a green Barakki eye? Cyclops Hewkii might be better than no-face Hewkii :) a_peace.png

About the blue rahkshi heads: I only have one blue head, unfortunately (from the hydruka) so they have to be in silver. I am reworking her entire torso though..And I have put on the green barraki eye piece from the Nitroblast set and it looks pretty good- the green matches better with the heartlight, so thanks for this suggestion and the positive C&C!
black_-_the_host.png