The Slender Man Mythos

Sumiki

I'm kinda disappointed that Slendy doesn't appear to have tentacles (or more than just the two) in MH. I always found the other-worldliness of those crazy long limbs flailing in 6 directions at once the most terrifying thing about him.That, and his freaky height. Isn't he/it around... 8'3"? I think I recall that measurement somewhere from one of the entries. I think it was spray-painted onto the ground somewhere, dunno why I assumed it was his height...

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Entry #10 freaked me out the first dozen times I saw it, especially with The Operator just standing there in plain sight of everyone.

Plain sight? 10 was when Alex was running rapidly away from the Operator. I didn't see anyone else ...

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

New MLAndersen0, "Patrick". Strangeness ensues, like always.

Michael/Patrick/whoever definitely has a split personality. How many personalities there are remain to be seen.

Pretty good series IMO.

Edited by Sumiki

Log Entry #20 advanced the story, but it seemed ... forced, just plain forced. There's also the Interview with Heather McComber, which I'll have to watch tomorrow seeing as it's getting late. Good to see the DH guys are still at it. 19.5 would have been a truly anticlimactic end.

My thoughts on the new episodes: DH: The interview was fine, if a little hard to hear. The story's still moving. KVDR: Wow. That was probably the scariest thing that channel has put out. Isn't the "Daniel" fellow the guy from Project Egypt? What's he doing with text attached to that video? TT: Wow. Again. Really good effects, he made it look like one shot. I am disappointed we didn't see a waving-tentacle Slendy down the hotel hallway. EMH:

HABIT's definitely up to his old habits again.0:18: The Rake appears to be back. What's with the distortion, too? The Rake seems to be really going at it. Is Jeff okay?1:07: Strange distortion. And a white dog? That looked sort of Rake-ish. Ish.1:56: I get it now, it's HABIT. Security camera footage again. Strange shot of Slender Man, though. Really strange.2:42: Jeff: PILLS HERE2:54: Finally, sound's back.3:57: Bloody sink? Borrowed a page from Marble Hornets, have you?4:20: Nice Slender Man shot there. Then Vin falls down the stairs and shuts the door.4:36: Some intense distortion.5:20: Also Vin's sick. Same sink they found in the apartment? Looks like it ...

MH twitter mentioned they're "almost to the last tape", so I guess we'll be seeing Season 2 wrap up pretty soon.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I just finished watching all of DH00, and it's interesting. Completely ruined my idea of a Slenderman cult... but I'm not giving up. I still have an idea that I guarantee will be the scariest yet. My one major problem is Log 19 - they clearly show Slenderman walking... Slenderman isn't supposed to walk. It totally threw me off there in terms of believability. The rest of the episode was done fine, but his entrance just looks so fake.I'm going to attempt to get all of the pieces for a final Slenderman suit this weekend. I'm going to really put time and effort into this so that I can hopefully get a finished and ready to go series by New Years.2012 hehehe (:<

Edited by The Captain

I still need to make my mask...I keep forgetting about that.And get the last of my actors...and actually write the synopsis/bible. And to think I have nothing but time outside of my classes. This is just pathetic... Thanks Captain for making me realize this...I need to get on it.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

My one major problem is Log 19 - they clearly show Slenderman walking... Slenderman isn't supposed to walk. It totally threw me off there in terms of believability. The rest of the episode was done fine, but his entrance just looks so fake.

Slender Man has actually run before - Entry 4 of Marble Hornets, anyone? Plus he's walked in some other places (MH especially). Also the early TribeTwelve submissions (walking onto boardwalk, away from camera in #6 ...)Granted, one of my peeves in Entry 4 is that he's running, but I don't mind it if he walks. But it has to be slow and creepy.

I just finished watching all of DH00, and it's interesting. Completely ruined my idea of a Slenderman cult... but I'm not giving up. I still have an idea that I guarantee will be the scariest yet. My one major problem is Log 19 - they clearly show Slenderman walking... Slenderman isn't supposed to walk. It totally threw me off there in terms of believability. The rest of the episode was done fine, but his entrance just looks so fake.I'm going to attempt to get all of the pieces for a final Slenderman suit this weekend. I'm going to really put time and effort into this so that I can hopefully get a finished and ready to go series by New Years.2012 hehehe (:<

There was a whole debate about this a page back. Some of us find it more realistic and creepy when Slendy moves, so he looks less like a lifeless mannequin, but I guess a lot of people are just accustomed to seeing him standing there. I think he can be plenty freakish either way when done right, but personally I feel Season 2 of MH has been a little light of genuine scares since they stopped incorporating Slendermotion.Although 46 made me jump like 3 feet. Edited by Zakann The Diabolical

p

He can look silly or scary either way, to be honest.Either way, I hope MH/TTA get updated sometime soon. All the other series have, and Jay recently tweeted that he's on the last tape.I hope this somehow explains how he woke up with a seven-month blackout with Jessica in the other room, even if there's just one more entry in this season.

So I was on Skyoe with these guys, and suddenly we decide to talk about slender man. I kept sending pictures and one of these people would look at them. He told us that he was genuinly scared and has covered all the windows in his room. He even told me "I have to stay awake and do something else for a few hours, otherwise I can't sleep".Sometimes talking about slender man is the best trolling, and I felt good.

New entry tonight seems pretty likely, since the majority of them are uploaded on Tuesdays. Probably gonna be the Season finale, too, so we've got a long wait ahead of us...

Jay did say that he was back at "a place he'd never thought he'd go to again", on the MH Twitter page. I'm assuming this is one of the locations from Season One - possibly the abandoned house.We may see a few more - current - entries yet.

So MH Season 2 is finally over. I suspect we'll see a start to Season 3 after winter break, maybe late January mid February. Maybe longer and into Spring.

I'm happy Jay finally took a more active role in everything and charged Slendy - I probably would have done the same thing too - I just wonder how he wasn't as badly hurt as Evan was when he attacked Slendy with the bat in EMH.So... it seems Tim is back to normal after presumably shooting Alex? Was Tim/Totheark out to get Alex for causing his "infection," or was he defending Jay? I'm leaning towards Totheark has been using Jay to get to Alex to enact revenge for what we saw Tim put through in Entry 51. And where does Jessica fit in all of this? Above all else, I'm puzzled about that.Maybe I missed something, but when did Jay find Jessica again? Didn't she go missing months ago? Is she missing again? What happened to her?I'm going to assume Alex is not dead, but next time we see him he'll be extremely disturbed and/or much more like Totherark. Maybe Alex and Tim have swapped places, in a way. I'd love to see how Alex came to work for Slendy, or why, if he did, Slendy let Jay live after confronting him.SO MANY QUESTIONS ARG but good end to Season 2.

Edited by The Captain

#52 was brilliant. We finally know how/why Jay and Jessica woke up in that hotel with amnesia, and we have further proof that Alex is completely bonkers.It also raises some interesting questions, though. Tim/Masky saves Jay and Jessica's lives, and yet the next day, when Jay wakes up with amnesia, Tim/Masky attacks him. I guess Tim could just be bonkers as well, but surely he has some real motive.

Masky has decidedly strange motives and ways of achieving them, but I would not be surprised at all if he attacked Jay to get him out of there.Does Jay even know where Jessica is at this point? It's pretty obvious to me that the Operator wiped Jessica as well as Jay, but after Masky's attack, was Jessica even in the room? Also, where did the 1-1-[operator symbol]-2 page come from? Where are the other Maskies? How did Entry 29 worm its way onto Jay's computer under the name "noentry"?I have to admit, though, 52 was really good. Did not expect Alex to pull the gun on Jay. But why did he have to get in that building first? If Alex really wanted to kill Jay and Jessica, why didn't he do it in the woods?And that shot that was heard. Who was hit? Was Alex hit? Tim seemed to be doing okay, but the time between the amnesia date and the end of Season Two could have been enough for Tim to recover. Was anyone hit by that shot? It seemed to scare Jessica quite a bit.ALTERNATIVELY, was Tim really hit? He seemed to be limping a bit too much when he attacked Jay. Did he get re-injured from the bullet?I reeeeeaaaaaallllly want answers in Season Three. I want all loose ends to be tied up in an awesome way.

Edited by Sumiki

Everything's been covered that I had to bring in, so let me just ask...how many of you were confused by what was happening? The chronology of these entries is getting to be pretty annoying. I had a hard time figuring out if Jessica was from the hotel (before or after amnesia), or the girl with Alex (however that works out), personally.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

A pretty decent end to the season, though looking back on S2 it suffered the middle-entry troubles all trilogies seem to have, though I can't put my finger on just how. I suppose part of it was the tonal shift from investigating the MH tapes to investigating Alex in person.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Here's the basic season two plot so far:- Jay arrives at abandoned house. Going back later, Masky attacks Alex with a knife. Alex is violent.- enttry 37 is uploaded. 99% sure this is TTA's doing, warning Jay that Alex is possessed.- Alex acts strange. Subtle clues in hindsight, but Alex was definitely not afraid of the Operator at all. Not running, trance-walking towards him, seeming annoyed with Jay for getting scared, things like that.- Jay steals a key from Alex's apartment.- Alex murders some random guy. Jay also finds out that Alex may not be interested in finding Amy after all.- Jay breaks into Alex's apartment and gets a tape. Brian is either incapacitated/dead. Alex has been possessed for much longer than any of us thought.

- Then, Entry 52. Alex tries to kill Jay and Jessica, Masky saves their lives, a shot is heard, and the Operator wipes Jay and Jessica.

- Jay wakes up with no memory of the previous seven months, over which the previous occurs. He searches, but to no avail. Jessica is wary.- Jay investigates a park for the location of Entry 29. Not finding it, he goes back to the hotel. Jessica then reveals that she has the same problem as Jay.- Jay can't locate Jessica, but finds the key to the safe, escaping from the Masked Man.- Jay then looks through the tapes.- The latest we have is footage of Tim walking around in a town, a place where Jay "never thought he'd go back to".

Here's the basic season two plot so far:- Jay arrives at abandoned house. Going back later, Masky attacks Alex with a knife. Alex is violent.- enttry 37 is uploaded. 99% sure this is TTA's doing, warning Jay that Alex is possessed.- Alex acts strange. Subtle clues in hindsight, but Alex was definitely not afraid of the Operator at all. Not running, trance-walking towards him, seeming annoyed with Jay for getting scared, things like that.- Jay steals a key from Alex's apartment.- Alex murders some random guy. Jay also finds out that Alex may not be interested in finding Amy after all.- Jay breaks into Alex's apartment and gets a tape. Brian is either incapacitated/dead. Alex has been possessed for much longer than any of us thought.

- Then, Entry 52. Alex tries to kill Jay and Jessica, Masky saves their lives, a shot is heard, and the Operator wipes Jay and Jessica.

- Jay wakes up with no memory of the previous seven months, over which the previous occurs. He searches, but to no avail. Jessica is wary.- Jay investigates a park for the location of Entry 29. Not finding it, he goes back to the hotel. Jessica then reveals that she has the same problem as Jay.- Jay can't locate Jessica, but finds the key to the safe, escaping from the Masked Man.- Jay then looks through the tapes.- The latest we have is footage of Tim walking around in a town, a place where Jay "never thought he'd go back to".

One flaw - unless Tim's leg was injured again and potentially shot in the leg, why would he be limping when he attacks Jay in the hotel? I found the out of order time stream extremely confusing.