Mega Man

Might as well give this a shot again, since it's been what, two or three years since the last one was last posted on in the old forums?Here you can discuss the different Mega Man series, and the ongoing comics by Archie, currently in the Sonic and Mega Man cross over.I'm personally hoping for some news soon of a game for the 3DS, but since Capcom doesn't seem to have any clue what to do with the series after the fiasco two years ago, I'm not entirely optimistic about hearing anything any time soon. I'm kinda hoping to be proven wrong over the week due to E3, though. =P

Oh, Mega Man. I'd say we hardly knew ye, but ye did have like, a twenty year run before the hammer came down.

But for serious, I grew up on the MM games in all shapes and sizes (originals, X, Battle Network, Zero... even Star Force and ZX later) and it's sad that Capcom seems to be uninterested in making a new major game for the series right now.

Also, the series almost universally has absolutely rockin' music.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

GSR: Yeah; I didn't entirely grow up on Mega Man, but I got into the series at a young age, and got reintroduced to it at a young age again. =P But I'd say despite playing the different X games, and some of Classic when I got a chance, it wasn't until Battle Network that I actually got to playing the games more; and well, that's when I just got totally into the series(3 was amazing). Fun fact; my original name was inspired by Mega Man(And later got used in Mega Man 10. xD I feel it's a really unlikely tribute, to be honest. =P). =PStar Force was one of the best series to me, though; while it took away two of the rows from Battle Network, that actually made strategies a lot more complicated, because you didn't have as much space, and you needed to plan out where to stand, or when to block. The lock on was something Battle Network desperately needed, too.Of course... There's a reason this whole situation hits so hard with me, as well. One of my favourite Playstation Mega Man games is not of the X series(Though X6 is close), not is it Mega Man 8. It's actually Legends 2, which after you get over the whole "OMG IT'S AN RPG-LIKE ACTION ADVENTURE GAME WAAAAAAAAAAAAAT", is a VERY good game. Of course, I think we all know by now that it ended on a cliffhanger, which resulted in Mega Man getting stuck on the moon with no way to personally get back down. To beat a dead horse, Legends 3 would've fixed that, and they would've had a whole new audience, and they could've beaten freaking OoT to the punch by releasing the demo before OoT released. But no. They go and cancel the entire project instead. Just because the 3DS had a slow start because developers neglected it(And now look at it, exact opposite situation. ;_; ). Well, actually, there were a few reasons, none ever confirmed. We just chalk it up to Capcom being stupid. =PI want to see new games. Heck, at this point, just for it's soundtrack, I'd take Xover, but I don't have a phone so it still wouldn't help me. =P I don't care if it's Mega Man 11, X9, Star Force 4, Legends 3, or even a miracle in Zero 5. I just want something to play in my old favourite series.(Due to lack of releases, Sonic the Hedgehog has stolen that spot, because Capcom's too slow.)And yes, the series has amazing music. That's probably the thing that can unite the entire fanbase and get them all to agree; the series has great music. =PWhiplash: Hmm. That's odd. Have you tried multiple times, or what? What set-up are you using? You should be able to defeat High Max in that level, just not in the tutorial level... If you have all the weapons, try the acid rain one, I think that makes him vulnerable in the Hidden Stages.

...Aaaaand then they went and announced him for the new Smash Bros. the morning after I post about how Capcom doesn't seem interested in him anymore. :P

Which is actually pretty cool! I wonder if it's a sign of more to come, or just the character Capcom felt was the best fit for Smash Bros.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

HECK YES HECK YES HECK YES!!So excited now; and the thing ended on him summoning a Metal Blade. I doubt that was literally the end of the conference though, which means that right there was the reason the stream kept failing: It couldn't keep up with the awesomeness. xDBut yeah, so very excited right now, and Sonic's a shoe-in. Guess we get to revisit the situation from the comics after all. ^_^

Same here; I had hopes for it, but figured they wouldn't amount to anything due to everything recently. But this is just plain awesome. =D I was already wanting to pick up Smash Bros 4, but now I'm very much hyped for it. ^_^

Whiplash: Hmm. That's odd. Have you tried multiple times, or what? What set-up are you using? You should be able to defeat High Max in that level, just not in the tutorial level... If you have all the weapons, try the acid rain one, I think that makes him vulnerable in the Hidden Stages.

I used every weapon on him. Fully charged them too. I watched a gameplay video of some guy with the same armour as me beat him with the laser weapon but mine didn't hurt him. I refused to try again cause it was a pain in the ###### to get there with the uh... whatever the boosting armour is called.

I actually beat him with the ninja armour before hand, but had to redo the level because you need the ability to dash in mid-air/fly to get past the section of level after him.

I quit after that and don't feel up to trying again at the moment.

Megaman looks sweet in the new smash bros game. I like how he has rock upper from MVC. Awesome job Nintendo, at least you put him in your crossover fighting game unlike another company I know....

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down