Alternate Timeline Revival

In this topic I would like to discuss alternate universes that could be used if a Bionicle revival, why a certain universe would work or wouldn't work.So we already know of a few universes (forgive me if the correct name is dimension), he have universes such as The Melding, Toa Empire, and The Kingdom. Now these three, for example, already have a history to them, so some of us older fans are already a bit interested in them. I think a revival with an alternate universe would work, it works every few years for a certain transforming robotic toy line, and look how long it has been around. Sorry if this is the wrong board, I thought this to be the most appropriate place to post this topic.

I think the topic is better suited for Lego discussion as you're not really theorising anything about the current story, rather asking for thoughts on what the future prospects for bionicle might be... Anyway what do I know, I'm just as new at posting topics as you are. :P

On the topic:

I would argue that using one of the existing alt universes would be fairly unlikely and would be a bad idea since they would bring with them the same problems that brought bionicle to a close- a very large cast of characters with complex backstories whose actions and motives might not make sense to new fans...

That being said if however they begin a completely new universe like they way they do for Transformers which exists in the same multiverse but does not have any story dependent connections to previous universes, now that might happen.

The problem with this is the inevitable "Geewuners".

Link to my comic :D

To anyone contacting me, I'm of to Uni soon so I might take time to respond.

As a side story maybe, but I seriously doubt even that would be done. You see the fan-base has often complained about all the alternate universes, I personally love the idea, but as for it taking the main story? No. I mean I've been seeing a lot of "Ways to Revive Bionicle" type of topics and they all have the same problem: There already is a story that can be revived. Lego might have dropped the idea entirely, but not for lack of ideas.

I'm not super up to date on Transformers lore, but are the different iterations considered different timelines, and do they have the potential of meeting? I just kind of figured that they were separate versions, and that people accept that. Which is something I'd love to see from BIONICLE; a rebooted Ultimate sort of universe, where the characters are cherry-picked from the existing roster and just given tweaked backstories or personalities or what have you, and these familiar but different characters have completely different adventures..

Warning: I'm going a bit of topic because someone implied the need for TF info. :P

I'm not super up to date on Transformers lore, but are the different iterations considered different timelines, and do they have the potential of meeting?

While its true that the each line is self contained and the primary story does not intersect with others (usually) the transformer multiverse is rather complex- whilst all the "normal" transformers are single dimensional existing as discreet identities, certain entities are multidimentional such as primus and unicron. What this means is each timeline can have a different optimus but if either primus or unicron appears they're the same person/entity in all universes.

Confused yet? But wait theres more! One of the comics establishes a timeline which can open gateways to other timelines and the transformers of this timline allow others from other timeline to jump over, so yeah crossovers happen all the time in the comics at least, much like how Vezon and takanuva went AUs in bioncle via the online serials.

Edited by Mehul

Link to my comic :D

To anyone contacting me, I'm of to Uni soon so I might take time to respond.

Personally, I love alternate universes/dimensions. And I think this would be really cool if LEGO did it (which I HIGHLY doubt they will).

A few ideas:

Theoretically (yes, I do think about these things) alternate dimensions have pretty much the same people in them. The exception to that would be things such as the Toa Mata, like if for some reason Takua didn't need to summon them, they wouldn't exist. Though they could possibly be summoned in a later time. So that would solve this problem:

On the topic:

I would argue that using one of the existing alt universes would be fairly unlikely and would be a bad idea since they would bring with them the same problems that brought bionicle to a close- a very large cast of characters with complex backstories whose actions and motives might not make sense to new fans...

As LEGO wouldn't really need to introduce new characters.

Another idea could be that simply Teridax (from another dimension) wasn't defeated and simply used an Olmak to come to the dimension that we have gotten used to already.

Oh, and, I'm pretty sure this is the right section as it is Storyline and Theories.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Well as an alternate universe, I suggest they use a clean slate and build off on what would be best for this franchise. The other three universes, were just small really. Plus if they used it for the reboot, then it would end with Takanuva arriving.

For this new universe, I suggest doing one where Makuta was never the villain (like Melding), but some mysterious force is the main villain. Or maybe rebooting the entire serials to make it more appealing?

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

For this new universe, I suggest doing one where Makuta was never the villain (like Melding), but some mysterious force is the main villain. Or maybe rebooting the entire serials to make it more appealing?

They never stated who the villains in the melding were. Perhaps the villains that the Toa had to stop were the Element Lords, thus preventing the shattering.

I think it would be interesting to have a universe where the Agori and Glatorian were present throughout the story, have elemental powers instead of having them dormant, and actually have a stake in the universe instead of just "Oh yeah we were here all the time, by the way we need this planet too.".

Edited by Omega12

I think this would be highly unlikely, as LEGO moved away from bionicle because it was getting cancelled. Adding the same characters with different backstories would confuse casual buyers so much.

Not with the right execution. This is what a lot of people here on BZP are forgetting. Everything is possible with the right mindset as a writer, the right creativity and imagination. But it would be hard.

Just a geeky guy trying to learn the craft of writing stories.