Kingdom Hearts

I figure that with the announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3, and the old topic dying, the topic should be given another shot. =PSo yeah, I shouldn't need to ask; but anyone here looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3 finally being announced? That trailer looked pretty cool, I must say; even if it was pretty much just a concept trailer of sorts to show they were indeed working on it. =PI'm personally wondering if it's just gonna be on the consoles it's on. With it branching to the Xbox One, and the rise of PC gaming once more, I wonder if we might see it on Steam or the like in the future? I personally would not mind, since it'll be one of the only current things I'd want on the PS4. =P

I'm gonna bet none of that footage makes it into the final game. But still, it looks good, and the "Kingdom Shader", which adjusts how each character looks according to the world they're in sounds really neat, and the graphics looked pretty good. Definitely better than the PS2 games. =P

Although I'm really curious as to what Sora's outfit will be in KH3, because I highly doubt that they'll use the KH2 outfit again for anything more than the beginning. And, I really hope everybody gets Keyblade armor. That would be awesome.

And, since I doubt we'll get KH3 until 2015 at the earliest, I'm hoping for an HD version of KH2FM+, BBSFM, and 3D with a story mode for Coded similar to the one for Days in 1.5 next year. Just to keep the 1 KH game a year thing going.

I wonder if Ventus is going to reawaken in KH3.

-Tomdroidser

I'd think that has a 99% chance of happening, since this is (supposedly) the last KH game of the Xehanort saga, plus Coded and 3D are kinda leading to the return of the BBS trio. I'd guess that the BBS trio, the Destiny Islands trio, and Lea will all be major characters, if not all playable ones.

I agree about the footage; though I do hope at least some of it makes it's way in, if only as part of the opening video. =P (Like how KH2 opens with the whole Destiny Islands scene, then has it fade away and such; except the action all begins here once Sora picks up Aqua's keyblade. =P) (And yes, I have been doing my research, since I have no other way to experience the story just yet. =P) (Dream Drop Distance is pretty much the running joke of my profile right now, it's had a place holder since last year. =P)I do have to wonder about Sora's outfit, though it'll really depend on what direction they're going in. That outfit from DDD was pretty cool; though something new would be nice.I'm wondering whether including DDD would be a valid idea or not. Would probably make sense, but I can easily see that getting the story adaption; or maybe both... Simply because of the different things in DDD that rely on the touch screen. Not sure on how much Coded uses it, though; but some parts in DDD would be pretty much unplayable unless they took time to redo it; and with them just releasing Dream Drop Distance in the last little while...

Well, they did use a lot of stuff from DDD (which in turn used stuff from BBS) in 1.5, so porting it wouldn't be a problem, but I completely forgot about the touchscreen... Maybe Quick-Time events? The touchscreen and the fact that it came out in 2012 would really be the only things against including it, but from a story standpoint, it's as vital to 3 as CoM was to 2- so folks who don't have a 3DS will probably be lost in the beginning of KH3, so it might have a chance.

True; but it might not have as big a chance to be playable despite that. I mean; Days was VERY important to KH2's story(Even if the secret ending in Final Mix already covers it slightly), but they only remade it in story form. They very well could do something similar, and either toss Coded to the side as usual, or include it as well just for fun. Would be interesting, though.

Days was only important to KH2 as far as going a bit deeper into Organization XIII, but otherwise 2 is completely fine without Days. Days was released 3 years after 2, anyways. And BTW, the KH and KHFM secret endings are for KH2, not days.

Anyways, Days is movie form only pretty much because getting an upscaled port to match the quality of the rest of the games would be pretty much impossible, and they already remade KHFM from scratch, so it was essentially a porting issue. And since I believe that SE has all the original assets for KH2FM+, BBSFM, and DDD, upscaling & porting those three titles would probably be easy for them to do.

No, that's what I mean; it covers KH2, though Days wasn't even really needed, because the biggest piece of info, the Riku/Roxas fight in Deep Dive(?), was already covered in the secret ending. =PAnd that's true. But then, what about Coded, since we already went over DDD's gameplay differences? =P

The Riku/Roxas fight was also a cutscene in KH2, so that really doesn't matter much for the game.

I see Coded getting a movie just like Days, a port wouldn't work, and a remake is implausible since it's already a remake and they'd probably want to put all their effort into KH3. Although a movie might just be painful, because it had the worst story of all the KH games.

Well, essentially it's all a rehash of KH1, except in a magic computer where nobody knows anything, except for Riku who is actually a journal, and the worlds' stories are basically ditched in favor of Gameplay (which is really the only good thing about the game, Days has the better story while Coded has the better gameplay), and they use the idea that the journal-worlds are glitched as an excuse.

Wow, the story is that bad.

Yeah; it's definitely too bad. Heck, if they had've thought it over a little more, they could've set it at the same time(Though I understand why they placed it where they did, since the journal had been fragmented with Sora's memories), but they never went with that kind of idea; probably partly since Coded was a phone game initially. Which makes the DS port pretty dang impressive. =P

Just watched the new trailer for Kingdom Hearts χ... Man, I forgot this was even going to be a thing.And pretty much the only things that stood out were the weird talking cat and horse... things. The rest seemed standard fare for a browser game. Still not terribly interested at all, but if it gets translated and made available outside of Japan, I'd probably play it nonetheless.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Depending on the gameplay, I might play χ as soon as it comes out. I've played Japanese browser games before, and they're usually simple to pick up without needing a translation, and I'm really doubting there will really be any story. It'll probably be as canon as the old mobile KH game, as in not canon at all.

Edited by Terminus

I wonder what new Final Fantasy characters added. It would be interesting if Lightning appeared.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

That's a good question. Would be cool to see TWEWY characters make a return, of course.Also, by the way, I got Dream Drop Distance yesterday. =) Haven't gotten a chance to play it just yet, but yeah, it finally happened. =P

Yeah, so Star Wars might get a world in KH3, although nothing is sure yet:

“We’ve been talking about Star Wars itself since it became Disney’s content recently," Nomura said. "When I [heard] the news I was like, 'wow! Wow!' Yeah, obviously it’s gonna be great if we could add it, but like I said, there are a lot of restrictions and rules by Disney so we don’t know what’s gonna happen but yeah, we’ll see."

Anyways, if Star Wars can get in, maybe Marvel could get in? I'd really like to see a New York world with the Avengers.

And I really think that there need to be some more FF characters, but maybe also an expansion of what already exists. Having Destiny Islands be bigger and more important would be cool, and having Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka return would be pretty cool, and maybe even Jecht could be there, and since we know that there's a school there, maybe Quistis could be a teacher? I dunno, there are just so many good places FF characters could be inserted.

Oh, and know what needs to happen? An awesome battle with Sora, Cloud, Leon, and Neku, and maybe some others.

I hope that Star Wars and Marvel won't get their worlds in KH3 because:

1. Star Wars can't be represented in a single world.

2. Marvel has too many alternate universes.

3. Kingdom Hearts has a space world: Deep Space.

4. Other reasons I have yet to think.

-Tomdroidser

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

My friend and I have discussed the inclusion of new worlds a lot. Neither of us want SW or the Avengers or such as new worlds for a variety of reasons, but mostly because it just doesn't feel right. Although I can think of some better reasons:

1. Remember the soundtrack for the Port Royal world? How it doesn't match up to the original? there's the possibility that could happen, simply because the soundtracks for newer franchises are so iconic everyone expects them to be there.

2. Like Tomdroidser said above; waaaaaayyy too much story to be represented in one little world accurately. SW has going on seven movies, Marvel has... a lot. Both have a LOT of expanded universe.

2a.How would you represent a franchise that take place over MULTIPLE GALAXIES in a small, easily-traversable world? Especially in the Kingdom Hearts franchise? Fly? From what I can tell, Sora can barely fly the Gummi ship, I don't know what he'd do in an X-Wing.

3. it wouldn't be as impactful; most of the worlds in previous kingdom hearts games are not only Disney Classics, but ones where there is very little or no fighting. Think about it for a minute: Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Tarzan, Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan; movies that don't have a lot of combat. Where as SW and Avengers are focused on fighting. moral issues of fighting/potentially killing actual people would come into play (people that they don't know/aren't actively out to kill them like a certain archvillain is)

3a. Donald and Goofy have pointed out the "no interferrence" rule before it was totally shattered, but it was broken with good reason; the Heartless were "breaking" the rule themselves by destroying everything in sight, the main trio had no choice but to break the rule themselves in order to fight the heartless and save the heart of the world. Whereas if there was a SW/Marvel world, it would be all to easy for the PCs to fight characters other than heartless. Potentially, the PCs would be fighting the war for the world's protagonists, and that would ruin the fun. It would be nice to see some shred of the "no meddling" rule remain intact. (When you think about it, the characters do their best to meddle as little as possible; go in, fight the heartless and seal the heart of the world, leave. Even Organization XIII follows this rule, although for different reasons. It'd be a lot harder to meddle as little as possible in the middle of an intergalactic war.)

4.Waaaaayyyyy too easy for the hardcore fans of SW/Marvel to complain about the tiny, nitpicky details (or even how the franchise is represented in general), ruining the fun for a lot of KH fans.

So yeah. I just found this topic, but I've played Kingdom Hearts a lot recently.

Defy Expectations

What I hope for in Kingdom Hearts eventually: Toy Story.

What I think would be wierd for Kingdom Hearts: Cars.

What I wonder: Is there any Disney/Pixar worlds in Kingdom Hearts?

-Tomdroidser

Toy Story would be interesting, and something might happen with it since Buzz and Woody were originally planned to be summons in one of the games (their unshaded models are in the game's coding), although I kinda doubt it. Would be cool to play as a Play Arts figure of Sora in the game, though.If they did do a Pixar movie, though, I'd like The Incredibles. That's my personal favorite of all the Pixar movies, and it'd work nicely in KH.